It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one Accept Jesus?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

- Jesus of course doesn't look like the Michelangelo version
- any 'magic' you perform involves a degree of possession

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

How are you making a connection between magic and possession?
Just curious.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Murgatroid

Wow! That's a very insightful message!

The only thing missing from this message is the desire to repent as part of the process of being born again.

Yes of course you are very right about that, I should have mentioned that instead of just copy and pasting. If you follow some of the quote links, they do go into more detail. BUT, be very VERY careful!

For example: the very first site that I quoted from has a couple HUGE errors that I actually removed from the quote. The site is a main line denominational church which means they are MASSIVELY infiltrated with lies and deception. I probably should not have even linked to it.

On the OTHER end of the spectrum, one site I linked to is the complete opposite, it contains a massive amount of incredible truth and I recommend spending time and go to the site and read. A link to it is below:

Diabolical Doctrine 2) Conversion is full salvation

If any believe this lie, they won’t go on to be truly saved. When my wife and I repented, our lives changed dramatically: My vices, of which I couldn’t rid myself, were banished; the Bible became a Living Book; for the first time in 27 years, I had great hope and reason for living.

Our spiritual experience isn’t completed with repentance. We must go on.

“And you will be hated of all men for My Name's sake, but the one who endures to the end shall be kept safe” (Matthew 10:22 MKJV).

It isn’t enough to repent. One must receive the Spirit of God, or he will be none of His (Romans 8:9). It is that simple.
LINK

Also, the Lord won’t come and make His abode in an unclean vessel. He is a holy God and will honor only those who honor and worship Him in spirit and truth.

Go ahead; push Him away, you “saved.” Hang on to your lusts and false doctrines; perish with His Name on your lips as though you knew Him. To you even now He says, “Depart from Me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you” (Matthew 7:23). Satan has succeeded in stopping you with a spurious conversion or, at best, satisfaction with partial truth, because you don’t have a love of the truth. You aren’t willing to deny yourself and take up your cross.

You have nothing to explain away if you don’t believe a falsehood in the first place. Nobody receives the Spirit of God within at repentance. Repentance is not the new birth. Therefore, there’s nothing to explain. LINK

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just in case some of you are visiting one of the sites I quoted from above (thepathoftruth.com).

Like I said before, this site has some of the best content on the internet I have seen but just like the majority of other sites it still has some errors. This simply is because of the massive deception and infiltration that has taken place throughout history. I still recommend the site, but you need to be aware of the errors.

The writing on salvation is some of the BEST I have seen: How One Is Saved

"Accept Jesus as your personal Savior, and you will be saved"

Nowhere do the Scriptures even hint that we simply accept Jesus Christ as Savior, and we’re automatically saved.

Diabolical Doctrine 7) Eternal security... once saved, always saved

We can be very secure in the Lord Jesus Christ, but faith in this doctrine, rather than in Him, can be a license to sin. This is a doctrine that’s false in the way it’s used, being carried on the back of a lie and compounding the error and confusion that comes from the lie. The sequence goes like this: “Once a person has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, he/she is forever saved.” LINK

Like I said the site is awesome BUT here is one HUGE error I noticed:

"Diabolical Doctrine 6) God is three persons"

I agree with the other "Diabolical Doctrines" but NOT this one.

The site has a section titled "False Teachers Exposed" which does have some good info on heretics such as:

* MacArthur, John
* Herbert W. Armstrong
* Billy Graham

"Billy Graham, in the most attractive and “pious” of ways, is a butcher of millions of souls. He is a star pupil of Nimrod, the mighty hunter of souls before God. He has killed millions in the Name of Christ. The Lord exposes him to deliver the sincere seeker from the snare of the fowler."

These are right on the money but the biggest problem is that MANY of the false teachers being "exposed" are clearly NOT false teachers.

The section on Diabolical Doctrines rocks (except for #6 about the trinity)
Diabolical Doctrine #4 is AWESOME because it exposes the huge lie that says "There are no prophets and/or apostles today". BUT they go on to making a massive error by labeling TRUE prophets as false.

Examples:

Calls Dr. Owuor a Fraud... This is clearly WRONG!

Says that William Branham was deceived by signs and lying wonders... WRONG!

Branham WAS deceived in that he believed he was the herald prophesied by Malachi. The signs and wonders in Branham's ministry were anything BUT lies! Branham's deception actually ended up costing him life but he was one of the greatest prophets that ever lived. Don't EVER believe anyone who says otherwise because the lies concerning this man are everywhere.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
OK, here is what I believe is the source of the errors on the site linked above in case anyone besides me is interested:

What about the “Illuminati”?

Hello, my name is Norma. My question is a strange one. I've been hearing alot about this "illuminate" and I have been doing so much research on them. I believe there is something out there, satan worshippers if you will, that is trying to control us, but I don't really believe it is the illuminate. I'm confused, please explain what it is, or who they are? If there really even is anything.

Hi Norma, and welcome to The Path of Truth! May you be blessed in hearing the truth at our site, believing and doing what God requires of you for your salvation and the good of all of those with whom you have to do.

We don’t recommend spending your time on the “Illuminati” or any other conspiracy theories. Even if such a group exists, what will or can you do about it? And if they don’t exist as theorized, what’s the point in spending your time learning about them? LINK

The ironic and very sad aspect of this deception is that the very people that they do not believe exists (Illuminati) is the very root cause of the lies that they have believed. The same holds true for many here on ATS that are blinded. THIS is the reason that they go to such great lengths to maintain the secrecy. This explains why so MANY deny the existence of these people EVEN here on ATS of all places.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

And any Voodoo.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I have never claimed to be "saved"...and if, by some chance, I did say something to that effect...then I lied.

I do not look to any Christian deity for salvation. I do not look to Jesus Christ to save my soul, because I am the master of my life. Everything that happens to me, I MYSELF react to. Jesus is not holding my hand.

You choose to believe in something that gives you control over something that controls your life. You scratch its backi, it gives you good things. It doesn't matter if its real...as long as you believe it is, you FEEL safe.

And that's what it's all about: safety. You want to feel safe.

Christianity, in its deepest root, is about this one purpose: erring on the side of caution. And it will tell you whatever it has to in order to make sure you do just that. In the time of its conception, it would have been easy for the human race to go extinct. Extreme measures were necessary. But now you are addicted.

Therein lies the problem. We no longer need religion for moral, according to some people around here...and science takes care of the rest.

Why is religion needed now? It isn't. We need true spirituality, not a temporary solution. And that's exactly what Christianity is. We understand the world enough to defend ourselves; we no longer need lies to keep us safe at night.

And if we need to lie to ourselves to feel safe, and refuse to live any other way, then we are already doomed.
edit on CTuesdaypm232305f05America/Chicago22 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Starchild23

You pretend to understand concepts that are, by their very Biblical definition, infinite. How can your very finite mind understand, or even begin to grasp, something so infinite?

Your mind can't, but your soul and spirit can.

This is why it's so hard for people to understand. It doesn't start with any kind of rationalization in the mind. It's felt with the heart. There is no explanation until you FEEL the work of the Holy Spirit on your soul. The mind will never be able to comprehend it until your soul feels it. Those who only choose to use their minds will never find the answers to fulfilling their spirit.

It helps to start with prayer. Heartfelt prayer.

Bullcrap. You don't understand the first thing about the soul. What exactly is the soul? If you define it, there will be a dozen other people who, if asked to define the same thing, will give a different answer.

Science itself doesn't know the answer...and religion is pure belief, not fact. So you can only say what you THINK, not what you KNOW. And you want us to hang on your OPINIONS?

Please.

Oh, and if I think about having cancer long enough, I will soon believe I have cancer. Then, suddenly, I take a miracle drug for it...Tylenol. BUT! I am told it's not tylenol, it really is a miracle. POOF! All better.

Oh my goodness, the Holy Spirit cured me. It's a miracle!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Oh really? And who told you this?

Who do you know that possesses (hehe) such a great knowledge of "magic"?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Bullcrap. You don't understand the first thing about the soul. What exactly is the soul? If you define it, there will be a dozen other people who, if asked to define the same thing, will give a different answer.

So, are you going to tell me that you don't know what the soul is either? I hear you speak a lot about spirituality. You don't believe that spirituality is part of the soul?

Science itself doesn't know the answer...and religion is pure belief, not fact. So you can only say what you THINK, not what you KNOW. And you want us to hang on your OPINIONS?

Likewise. Once again, I'll mention that you talk a lot about spirituality. Maybe I should ask you what your definition of spirituality is. By the way, religion (for me) is based on belief brought on by spirituality. Have you ever had a spiritual experience? I'm guessing not since it doesn't appear that you have any idea what I'm talking about. Do you think spirituality is a mind set or something? If so, I disagree with you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It is good you recognize that! I read where you said you were Baptised and based on your stance I assumed you felt you were "good to go" through your sense of spirituality, your reaction to my experience is very much in line with someone that thinks they have Salvation when they do not; I am now also assuming yours is a New Age belief system of a multi-fauceted "pick and choose" recipe?

I know that New Age believes in the Goddess energies; I suspect you might also feel the need to put a Spirit behind the wind and the rain. I am not so sure I understand why you are in a thread on accepting Jesus if you are not opened to the possibility; I guess there is a word for that too!

Good luck with that, may the Father fill you with His Everlasting Love; it is eternal by the way!

Bless you Brother, when you are ready he will be there for you! Well, up to a certain point, without the Holy Spirit it would be a mute point to consider after a certain time-frame because this is the season and there are signs in the Heavens.

Here is a good sermon on our current condition! It is very appropriate for this discussion and highly appropriate for those who participate in ATS! Enjoy

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Anyone who watches that video that has actually practiced any type of yoga or meditation...

Please skip straight to 16:00...

quite amusing...

Those who practice open themselves up to demons...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I wasn't really interested in that video until I saw that Akragon brought up the demon part so I went and watched it. For those like me who hate sitting through video, he is reading a testimony from REIKIDANGERS. It's about half way down the page: REIKIDANGERS-TESTEMONIES: (1-From Holland)

Very interesting stuff but something even more incredible was the part later on in the video (around 28 min) where he is talking about Christians who are being abducted by aliens, highly recommended everyone read it, this is a quote from the site he is reading from:

"His abduction started out typically, I.E., late at night, in bed. He was lying in bed, kept wide awake by the barking dogs, when paralysis set in. He was unable to cry out. His Wife didn’t waken. The next thing he knew, he was being levitated above his bed. He then had the sensation he was being suspended by what felt like a pole inserted into his rectum. By this time, he was alive with terror, but he couldn’t scream.

"I thought I was having a Satanic experience; that the devil had gotten a hold of me and had shoved a pole up my rectum and was holding me up in the air... So helpless, I couldn't do anything. I said, 'Jesus, Jesus, help me!' or 'Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!' When I did, there was a feeling or a sound or something that either my words that I thought or the words that I had tried to say or whatever, had hurt whatever was holding me up in the air on this pole. And I felt like it was withdrawn and I fell. I hit the bed, because it was like I was thrown back in bed. I really can't tell, but when I did, my wife woke up and asked why I was jumping on the bed."

"This man was able to stop his abduction. To stop an abduction was something they had never heard of, and this gentleman did it by calling upon the name of Jesus. This particular case was astounding." LINK

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Keep researching that rabbit trail friend. There is a man who had documented thousands of testimonies from abductees who report their experience was immediately stopped by invoking the Name of Christ Jesus. You've only grazed the tip of a massive iceberg.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Here is a idea:

Imagine you are a stray cat hanging around God's house and he wants to adopt you. If he walks up and tries to grab you then you will just run away. So God must take his time getting closer and closer to you. He puts some food and water out. Hopefully you eventually start to trust that God isn't trying to eat you. Then finally you can come inside and start scratching on the furniture.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
Here is a idea:

Imagine you are a stray cat hanging around God's house and he wants to adopt you. If he walks up and tries to grab you then you will just run away. So God must take his time getting closer and closer to you. He puts some food and water out. Hopefully you eventually start to trust that God isn't trying to eat you. Then finally you can come inside and start scratching on the furniture.

LOL... That's hilarious.
"You eventually start to trust that God isn't trying to eat you.."

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

And of course, you know this beyond any doubt whatsoever, correct? Because you yourself have studied High Magick Principles, and practiced Magick yourself? I think, no, I know you are simply guessing here. Saying a thing like that just shows your ignorance on the matter.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

How are you making a connection between magic and possession?
Just curious.

No, nothing like that. The possessing I am talking about is this:

I have know a few High Magick Practitioners in my life, and a great number of Witches/Wiccans. Never once have I seen anything like some of these possessed Christians do. And friend, I didn't just look up youtube videos to flame you, I have seen this first hand. As a child, I was scared half to death at an Oral Roberts Tent Revival. Those people were either possessed, or just plain crazy.
Don't accuse use that which you know nothing about.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am not a christian, but I did believe when I was young. After reading through the thread and seeing the multiple views, as well as the humorous off topic convos I thought I might add my opinion for ya. I think alot of people make this whole thing entirely to complicated. If you take the time to read the biblical accounts of jesus and even the ones you can find outside of that I really dont find it that confusing as to what is being asked of you by god or stated by jesus. It seems "acceptance" is simply saying that jesus is what is claimed. You make the decision that you believe it and want it to be an primary aspect in your life. While I do have many questions about faith and I do question alot of teachings in the bible overall I have gotten a simple subtle message. Believe in god and jesus, accept what happened to him and the reasons for it, and dont be a jerk to people. There doesn't have to be some hidden meanings or magic or anything else than that. Although the idea that there was some hidden meanings or truth that you need to interpret is interesting I still think that the overall message is just dont be a jerk.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Bajorans have a saying:

Those who study evil are studied by evil.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join