It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one Accept Jesus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Let's see here, Revelations. St. Paul, right? Patmos Island? Still covered in Red Caps? I have taken Red Caps, and I saw monsters too. So would you, friend. No sale.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Revelations was written by Paul beneath the influence of Red Caps?

(Red Caps are poisonous mushrooms, for those who didn't know)
edit on CThursdaypm242401f01America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

And of course you are more then welcome to participate in my thread if you wish... but lets keep the assumptions about my motives to a minimum

Well, "minimum" leaves me a little room to wiggle. My guess is that you're quote mining for a new thread about Christians. This one is 3 pages now and you haven't responded to anyone's answers in regards to the OP questions. That leads me to guess you're just using this thread to quote mine for another thread you have planned. Perhaps one that accuses Christians of not having a uniform set of beliefs about what one must do to be justified?

Well... at least we know you're not psychic...

I've never "quote mined" in my life bro... the only thing i mine is blocks.... in minecraft

My threads are purely inspired... as a matter of fact, i think i only have about 10 threads that took some time to put together. They are usually done on the fly...

Assumption fail

Well, please explain then. You're still not commenting really on the OP. What was the point?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Revelations was written by Paul beneath the influence of Red Caps?

(Red Caps are poisonous mushrooms, for those who didn't know)

It's just 1 revelation, singular and specific. And Paul didn't write the book.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by arpgme

But she didn't die. God said that one the day she eats thereof, she shall die, and yet she lived to be about 900 years old. The serpent was right when he said that her eyes would be open and she'll become like a god. Look at the technology we have now, and her eyes were truly open, even The bible says it. You may not want to admit it but the serpent told the truth in that story.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. The only thing Eve's eyes opened up to was the knowledge of evil. If she hadn't eaten from the tree, she would not know evil and death would not exist. When Satan told her she would not die from eating it, he wasn't talking about right then and there, but a human death experience. Which we all will experience human death because of it. Otherwise, we would have had eternal life from the beginning. So, no, Satan lied. Adam and Eve's human bodies died.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Well God said on the DAY that they eat thereof, and yet they lives for a long time afterwards. So God lied according to the bible.

You can try to explain it away or justify your beliefs, but fact is fact and that story does NOT make sense.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

And of course you are more then welcome to participate in my thread if you wish... but lets keep the assumptions about my motives to a minimum

Well, "minimum" leaves me a little room to wiggle. My guess is that you're quote mining for a new thread about Christians. This one is 3 pages now and you haven't responded to anyone's answers in regards to the OP questions. That leads me to guess you're just using this thread to quote mine for another thread you have planned. Perhaps one that accuses Christians of not having a uniform set of beliefs about what one must do to be justified?

Well... at least we know you're not psychic...

I've never "quote mined" in my life bro... the only thing i mine is blocks.... in minecraft

My threads are purely inspired... as a matter of fact, i think i only have about 10 threads that took some time to put together. They are usually done on the fly...

Assumption fail

Well, please explain then. You're still not commenting really on the OP. What was the point?

I think i already have a few times...

I wish to hear other "perspectives" (
) on the issue at hand...

I didn't make this thread for to hack down others beliefs, or even comment on them... though im always willing to offer my 2 cents on things i hear that are incorrect... but that is not my intention here...

I simply wanted a place free of religious trolling for you Christians to express your beliefs on this issue...

Judge me not my friend... I mearly enjoy reading others opinions...

Im not always on the hunt believe it or not

i would think you among others would want to celebrate this thread...

Remember it is free for all to read

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

sounds like someone is scared of the answer that is coming HAHA....yeah, not Paul mate but John....brother of James, son of Zebedee, and one of the disciples of Jesus

edit on 17-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Sorry, St. John of Patmos supposedly wrote it, no doubt during a psychedelic binge. The "Red Caps are Amanita muscaria mushrooms.

It's funny how Christians call Ancient drug induced visions mixed with Astrology "prophecy." There are also claims that Amanita muscaria mushrooms played in important role in a number of ancient religious rites,
mostly Early Christianity. This is explored in the book, "The Holy Mushroom Evidence of Mushrooms in Judeo-Christianity" by John R. Irvin.

Jan Irvin (The Holy Mushroom) has captured what we might call an “anthropology of clarification” regarding whether or not mushrooms, and mind-altering substances in general, played any role in the development of not only Judaism and Christianity but the total culture in play at that time. It is now recognized in many academic communities (anthropologists, sociologists, psychiatrists, psychologists) that sufficient evidence exists of the importance of these substances, both textual and visual, to say “yes” in very large letters. It is no longer theory. The questions Irvin asks are these: “If mind-altering substances did play this major role, then how would this affect our interpretations of the Bible and the Qur’an? Would this shed light on the origins of mystical experiences and the stories, for example Abraham hearing voices and Ezekiel’s convenient visions? What would this suggest about the shamanic behavior of Jesus? What impact would this have on organized religion?” These are bold questions. This is a very useful volume for those interested in the Holy Mushroom and the politics of truth. Detailed and wonderfully illustrated; great bibliography.
~ Professor John A. Rush, Sierra College
source
Another good read that touches on the Early Jesus Cults is "Forgery in Christianity: A Documented Record of the Foundations of the Christian Religion" by Joseph Wheless. The book "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" even says that Jesus was not a man, but a hallucinogenic mushroom, Amanita muscaria, and that the New Testament was concocted by addicts of the mushroom as a code for their mystical lore. And that the God of Jews and Christians is ultimately nothing more than a magnificent phallic symbol. But that is another thread.

Sorry for the name mistake, my fault, I was distracted and no excuse. Still though, those mushrooms are what made the book of Revelations what it is, no doubt of that. Any other belief in that area is just wishful thinking. The only Dragon to fear is the God Yahweh. And the "Woman" is Mother Earth.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I simply wanted a place free of religious trolling for you Christians to express your beliefs on this issue...

Massive fail then, look around. F.Y.I., next time if that's your goal never put the words "Jesus" or "Christian/ity" in the title or the OP of your thread. It's a magnet for the anti-Christian trolls.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Well God said on the DAY that they eat thereof, and yet they lives for a long time afterwards. So God lied according to the bible.

You can try to explain it away or justify your beliefs, but fact is fact and that story does NOT make sense.

No, God said, "in the day", not "on the day".

Genesis 2:17

17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Like saying, "in this day and age".

Here's what God said after they ate of the tree:

Genesis 3:17-19

17) And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Before i start this thread let me state, i am not christian, nor am i looking for someone to attempt to convert me to Christianity... It can't be done... so don't bother trying.

So are you saying that you are a bad person? What is a good person and what is a bad person if one can't accept that a man lived on earth who people remembered for a reason. I don't care about rituals, they are from the world, I care about the memory of an individual and that is Christianity, simply having enough love to remember someone. That is good and bad to me - hate and love - you are hating people, as so many of the straight out ignorant world does every day.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey! you still alive!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

So are you saying that you are a bad person?

Now what kind of ridiculous statement is that...

Are you actually trying to imply "if you're not Christian you're a bad person"?

What is a good person and what is a bad person if one can't accept that a man lived on earth who people remembered for a reason. I don't care about rituals, they are from the world, I care about the memory of an individual and that is Christianity, simply having enough love to remember someone. That is good and bad to me - hate and love

So you litterally have absolutely nothing to add to this thread... Why are you posting here?

you are hating people, as so many of the straight out ignorant world does every day

There is not an ounce of Hate within me brother.... As far as i've seen from your reply, the only ignorant one here is you...

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, and i've explained myself several times already...

SO...

IF you have nothing productive to add to this thread... please make your way to the exit

Good day to you sir...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey! you still alive!

Oh yes, very much alive. Been reading a TON of books lately, I bought 11 books this week.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You have proved more than enough you are a hateful person brother.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I will happily disagree with you my friend...

Perhaps you can show me where i've hated anything?

Feel free to challenge yourself...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

I will happily disagree with you my friend...

Perhaps you can show me where i've hated anything?

Feel free to challenge yourself...

As far as i've seen from your reply, the only ignorant one here is you...

The others and I can read what you wrote, so you not ackowledging it at least means I am less ignorant than you.

SO...

IF you have nothing productive to add to this thread... please make your way to the exit

Good day to you sir...

Even though you are so rude (or gay I do not know), I will still add to your thread the real truth, and I know people like you make it hard for the truth to be heard in the world. I am only the one who is going to tell you about it, not make it easier for them to hear.

The true acceptance is described in love, and that is why it is so hard for you to respect me, because you do not have it, and there is only one other thing you can have even if you are as asleep as a dumb cow crossing the road.
edit on 19-5-2012 by greyer because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

You said i was hating someone or something...

I have yet to see proof of said allegations

And as for "ignorance"...

Even though you are so rude (or gay I do not know), I will still add to your thread the real truth,

I kindly asked you to leave if you have nothing that adds to the content of this thread aside from false accusations....

And you assume im gay now?

Im sure i heard a joke like this... it goes, You might be a redneck if...............

And your "truth"...

The true acceptance is described in love,

Except if your gay... right?

and that is why it is so hard for you to respect me, because you do not have it, and there is only one other thing you can have even if you are as asleep as a dumb cow crossing the road.

LMAO!!

Your words explain everything.... and i still except you for whoever you are...

No matter how amusing that might be

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

People say... All you need to do is "accept Jesus into your life"... What is required to do this?

New Living Translation (©2007)
"If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it." Luke 17:33

"Except a man be born again, he cannot even see or understand the Kingdom of God!" (Mat.18:3; John 3:3) "

What Christians say about Jesus is irrelevant as Jesus was not a Christian and Christianity
is not about Jesus.

To Truly accept Jesus as God into your life you must be born again , meaning to go through a spiritual death and rebirth.
It is a change of consciousness and reversal of the Kundalini energy flow from down the spine to up the spine.

This occurs when there is Radical Understanding that you are constantly separating yourself from
your own nature as Reality. Adi Da explained this in simple terms without parables in The Knee of Listening.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join