It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPER MOON with an Alien Invasion Armada over the Capitol...1952 all over again? No...just a mistake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Note: Mods if this needs to be moved I was not sure where to post this.

So just about two weeks ago we had a SUPER MOON! Being the photographer that I am I decided to get out there and take what I hoped were some cool pictures! I had some great locations setup and had a great time snapping my photos away. Checking the preview of the images I thought they were turning out splendidly, however much to my chagrin I was wrong...

I opened this one up and WOW WTF ALIENS!!! LITTLE GREEN SHIPS! AN INVASION FLEET! This is out of the camera not a PHOTOSHOP manipulation!
Of course that was my first thought, LOL imagine my horror when I finally discovered what I had done wrong!

Anyone notice anything wrong with this lens for night shooting? Neither did I when I started and I made a HUGE common mistake!

Now you see the error I made, I left on my filter from a previous shoot! I created A Ghost Alien Armada of Ships without even trying! Actually what I created was a Lens Flare and Lens Reflections. Notice even after taking off this lens, I can make more alien ships!

Now back to the Alien fleet, we can actually see that they are reflections off of the capitol lights and that they are upside down. We can see with the circled areas that one of our ships is missing in the Alien fleet formation just like the one of burned out lights off the building!

I was actually a little dismayed at these shots, but I instead took a failure on my part and decided to use it as a learning lesson for those less familiar with cameras, on just how easy it is to make ghosts or aliens or whatever!

In closing, I made this thread to show anyone curious, that even someone familiar with a camera can make mistakes. I am not setting out to debunk anything other than my own mistake and I actually do believe we may be visited by aliens or have government crafts that are to say the least have technology completely unconventional and futuristic by today's standards.

Hope you enjoyed this thread and possibly learned something!
edit on 16-5-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks for that! For a novice like me these kind of threads are extremely helpful.

Star for you (cant flag yet, but would if I could
)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The only thing learned is that you need to learn to use your camera better.

That aside,had i seen the photo without reading your post i first thought it was glass reflection.

But i have seen this before on other photographs of mine

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nicely done! I was wondering where the hell this thread was going
. Nice picture by the way of the Super Moon...way cool!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Actually I know my camera very well like I said it was a mistake. I was hoping to show some people how easy it is to do this and what reflections look like. Just like all of those photos and posts of "Something next to the sun" it is to help educate people less familiar with how a lens flare looks. To help Deny Ignorance.

Maybe there have been other threads on this I just thought this image totally reminded me of the classic 1950's invasion photo taken of the White House.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Where was this photo taken?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hockenberry

Near the Idaho Capital Building

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouiseB
Thanks for that! For a novice like me these kind of threads are extremely helpful.

Star for you (cant flag yet, but would if I could
)

totally agree most helpful.
Its easy to see why some people take photo's that have lense flare and then call UFO
I took a photo of the sun when all that taik of "Twin Suns" was going about and sure enough there was what looked like a small sun next to it, this was great i thought, i've actually found somthing, but with a little bit of looking i discoverd it was, just venus rising.!
I still keep looking though.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Nice thread OP. S&F for you for taking something that went wrong and making it educational.

Rev

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well . What a silly coincidence . However did you manage that LOL.
Honestly though , how sure are you that your explanation makes any sense , and what are the odds of it happening like that?
Very nice picture is all Im gona say at the moment.
Ok , one thing more to add.
It was very intuitively creative.
edit on 16-5-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Good for correcting yourself, afterall cases do not exist for lens reflection or aberration. What you see in the pic, people would've have seen it for real in those cases

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Obviously the M.I.B got to you and made you debunk your own photo!

Nice picture though.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Yes well it was a capital building so of course the M.I.B. stopped by one of them looked oddly like Alex Trebek....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Some people just can not take good photos. You are just one of them.
edit on 12-6-2012 by terry456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by terry456

Don't be a rude troll.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

An actual alien armada would be exciting to behold so long as nobody got hurt and our civilization weren't threatened. Sadly, exciting things of this magnitude usually do result in somebody getting hurt. I mean, even if their intentions were peaceful, it would probably cause accidents and heart attacks. I'm sure the secret services and military intelligences agencies would go nutz.
edit on 12-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Photoshop means not real abeverage

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrclean1

Photoshop means not real abeverage

HUH? I am not sure of your point? This was a camera aberation not photoshop.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

An actual alien armada would be exciting to behold so long as nobody got hurt and our civilization weren't threatened. Sadly, exciting things of this magnitude usually do result in somebody getting hurt. I mean, even if their intentions were peaceful, it would probably cause accidents and heart attacks. I'm sure the secret services and military intelligences agencies would go nutz.
edit on 12-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I think an Armada would cause casualties from people just freaking out, not a shot would need to be fired. But it might be cool if I didn’t have a heart attack!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hello Abeverage:

Your work is good, you explained perfectly well the origin of these reflections are known as parasitic reflections.

The only detail that must be corrected, is the way of associating with light reflections that originates.

The lenses are convex, so reflections are always displayed on the opposite side of the image, that is, if the image of the light is at the top right, the reflection can be seen below left. The lights and reflections are always around a common center, usually the center of the photo.

I have taken the liberty to show this in your photograph.

May I transcribe your post in an article? I will publish shortly.

Greetings.

Texto en Español:

Tu trabajo es bueno, explicaste perfectamente bien el órigen de esos reflejos que se conocen como reflejos parásitos.

El único detalle que se debe corregir, es la manera de asociar los reflejos con la luz que la origina.

Las lentes son convexas, así que los reflejos se muestran siempre en la parte opuesta de la imagen, es decir, si la imagen de la luz está arriba a la derecha, el reflejo podrá verse abajo a la izquierda. Las luces y los reflejos estarán siempre en torno a un centro común, generalmente el centro de la foto.

Me he tomado la libertad de mostrar esto en tu fotografía.

¿Me permites transcribir tu post en un articulo? Lo publicaré dentro de poco.

Saludos.

edit on 7/4/13 by LeopoldoZambranoE because: Signature duplicated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join