It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Graham: December is when the STHF for US economy, government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Senator Lindsay Graham lets it slip that he's expecting the same kind of economic and civil unrest that Europe is experiencing to happen in the US in December:

"What you see happening in Europe is really going to happen in December [in the U.S.], because in December all of these things come together," Graham said, referring to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts and payroll tax cut, the approach of the debt limit, and the kicking in of automatic cuts mandated by the previous budget deal, which will all coincide with the new year. "If in December, we run for the hills as a nation, what's going on in Europe is coming to our doorstep."

HuffPost, of all places

Calling Europe "a controlled experiment" for austerity policies, Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) said, "It's a disaster, and we should learn from it."

Sen. Graham, for his part, acknowledged the need for economic growth. "At the end of the day, austerity and growth have to go together," he said. "But this rebellion, or pushback, against making hard choices in Europe, if it does come to our shores, we're in trouble."

Damn good reason to order hundreds of millions more rounds of ammo for the DHS than we even have citizens, eh?
edit on 16-5-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Austerity, scheduled after the elections in November..

That's what I got from this.

edit on 16-5-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This winner could be the biggest loser in history.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Perfect time for the government to use it's power and help out people.
All banks should be required to forgive loan payments or put them on hold if you lose your job.
And I'm sure other policies could be enacted so that people don't go homeless.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Damn good reason to order hundreds of millions more rounds of ammo for the DHS than we even have citizens, eh?

why do people keep bringing up this point? do you really think they intend to kill everyone in the US?

We're gun owners. It simply won't happen.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Austerity, scheduled after the elections in November..

That's what I got from this.

edit on 16-5-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

Austerity and .....

Massive tax increases.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
All banks should be required to forgive loan payments or put them on hold if you lose your job.

Wouldn't we all like that !!

But let's get real ......

The 111th Congress had the chance of a lifetime.

But they blew it bigtime.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Perfect opportunity for the government to convince us to relinquish more liberties and become subject to more government intrusions!
edit on 16-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by 00nunya00

why do people keep bringing up this point? do you really think they intend to kill everyone in the US?

We're gun owners. It simply won't happen.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

It's precisely BECAUSE we're gun owners, in massive numbers, that so many bullets are necessary. Do I think everyone will be killed? Of course not, FFS, that's silly, who would be left to rule over and screw over? But I do think you need to have *at least* as many bullets as all of the guns pointed at you.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Not so sure the Second Amendment is going to help us anymore other than going out resisting which is something.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by 00nunya00

Not so sure the Second Amendment is going to help us anymore other than going out resisting which is something.

"From my cold dead hands" right? LOL. But seriously, no one thought Iraq or Afghanistan had it in them to keep a war going there for a decade, but there you have it. They weren't even nearly as armed as Americans are, and they made do with what they had. I feel we have better prospects, given that not *all* of our armed forces will continue to pledge allegiance to the flag over their fellow countrymen.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This all is supposed to happen by Xmas? Like 21 December? Or is Sen. Graham another Mayan Calendar nut? Maybe this has all been in the planning for awhile.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Didn't this guy help co-author the NDAA? I can see why now, he thinks that where doomed and would rather institutionalize us then actually fix the problems. No one should be proud of how this country is being run. I mean what is the definition of tyranny? I am in fear of my government and the fact that all I can see Is smoke and mirrors. It's a good feeling when your fellow country men would rather trash the constitution then uphold it. We applaud them for diverting the frame work of this country in taking matters into there own hands. The three branches of this government are supposed to be the check and balances, not in each others pocket and or making decisions on there own. Like the executive branch seems to be doing now days. So we will wait this out and hope for the best, but knowing deep down that it only will get worse.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

There's not some set date, he's saying a lot of things are coming to a head around December, and that month is when you'll likely see it "all go down" so to speak. And he's likely right, given that Boehner is already ramping up for the debt ceiling fight again.

new topics

top topics

join