It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car chase outrage as police order driver roadblock

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Per Obama's NDRA, the Govt can conficate any property or PERSON at any time. They should be thankful they weren't ordered to stand in the middle of the road.

WTFU sheeple. (Wake and something like the future up)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
WTF were these cops thinking ! These idiots should at least be charged with public endangerment, sentenced, fired and made to reimburse the state of Victoria for the cost of their training.

A similar incident occurred in Moscow... Moscow Police use Human Sheild

A former traffic policeman who ordered Moscow drivers to form a human shield on the city's ring road to trap a get-away car, has been sentenced to one year in prison. A Moscow court found Oleg Sokolov guilty of excessive use of power.

Source

... and for further examples of ineffective police procedures see 10 seconds of the Keystone Cops in action

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Say what you want about US Cops, I'm not aware of any situation where cops in the US have forced civilians to form a roadblock with their cars to stop a high speed chase.

Hopefully US cops won't get so bad they start acting like the idiotic Oz cops, IMO.

Why do Americans always have to turn everything into a pissing contest?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
www.smh.com.au...

Police involved in blockade face review

Chief Commissioner Ken Lay yesterday took aim at the police officers involved, saying it appeared they had failed to follow normal procedures.

''I've been briefed about this situation and, to be perfectly frank, the circumstances that have been described to me in no way, shape or form conform to our policy,'' Mr Lay said. ''When I see members of the public put in positions of danger, it causes me significant concern.''
Advertisement: Story continues below

Drivers involved in the blockade have expressed outrage at the actions of police, who commandeered their cars in a bid to trap a speeding L-plate driver in a stolen car who had earlier eluded police vehicles.

The teenage driver careered into four parked vehicles, including some with children inside, on the Hume Freeway just north of Melbourne after the blockade block was set up on Saturday morning.

One driver who was drafted into joining the car blockade said he feared for the safety of his children as he watched in his rear-view mirror as the fugitive car sped towards them.

Another driver, a learner, told The Age how his car was rammed. ''It was only later that I was properly informed that my mum and I had been used as a civilian roadblock,'' Madhawa Mapa, 17, said.

''My mum and I were put in a position of extreme danger … I'm still trying to comprehend how the police can justify the use of innocent civilian lives.''

The police officers involved in the blockade will be the subject of a review overseen by the ethical standards department.

Read more: www.theage.com.au...

So it seems some common sense is being injected into this. Watch the video at the link too for a first person view of what happened.....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Say what you want about US Cops, I'm not aware of any situation where cops in the US have forced civilians to form a roadblock with their cars to stop a high speed chase.

Hopefully US cops won't get so bad they start acting like the idiotic Oz cops, IMO.

Why do Americans always have to turn everything into a pissing contest?

Unfortunately your post effectively did that. If you want to compare the decline of police quality in Australia to another nation's police maybe you should have picked Mexico or Russia given those are the only other countries where police have done something so stupid.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Unfortunately your post effectively did that. If you want to compare the decline of police quality in Australia to another nation's police maybe you should have picked Mexico or Russia given those are the only other countries where police have done something so stupid.

No it didn't. The reason I compared Aussie police to those in the US is because of the amount of AMERICANS in this thread who had already done so. I meant no malice or intent other than that.

But nice try. Again, why are you so intent on turning it into a pissing contest?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Massive overreaction again from you guys.
Did you even see the diagram? The car struck another at 30KMH - I can run that fast...
the cops did not know at what speed the car would arrive,it could have been 200kmh just as easily as 10kmh,dont make excuses for these goons.they do not have the right to put the public(muchless children)in harms way,let them put their own g0d damn cars in the road.you are either a sudmissive weakling or a troll.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

thats about all Ive got to say

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In florida that cop would be guilty of culpable negligence.
And also child abuse for letting a child get in harms way.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion
Was this Australia? I can't see this happening in America. What a dumb ass parent. I would definately risk getting a ticket or even jail before I risked my kid's life. Stupid move by the cops, criminal, and parents. No real winners in this story...

P.S. These cops better be held on child endangerment, abuse of power and second degree (or whatever dumb degree it is) attempted vehicular manslaughter charges.

Being held in position by force of law, so your property and your person can be used, against your will as a means to stop a car thief must surely break all kinds of laws.
If you drove a car into another vehicle, deliberately, you would be held accountable for vehicular manslaughter if anyone dies, dangerous driving, driving without due care and attention, at the least.
How about an offence of "Failing to uphold the common law as a peace officer", carrying a minimum of ten years in prison for unthinking acts of pig retardedness.
And i guess not until someone gets killed in a situation controlled by the police such as this, will we see legislation, or, mandates prohibiting unwarranted force of law.
sue these pillocks, reckless endangerment of life. i hope someone does.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good to know they aren't any better in Australia. The police are not there to serve and protect, they are there to command and destroy - just organized crime and they view us as slaves. I could not imagine being put in this situation - would send me off the edge I think to be used as a human shield. Typical also for the higher up to find no fault and defend the actions. They could execute a grandmother crossing the road and find no fault with their actions. "It was a slave, I gave it a command, it refused, I killed it" - perfectly within the Kings Law.
edit on 5/17/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To the posters about the father, if the police told him to line up behind a car and he didn't know why until someone was coming at him 100mph from behind there isn't much he could do if he was blocked in. I could see all of us being led in to harms way this way.

The police officers that did this (or anyone that thinks its acceptable) are sociopaths. SOCIOPATHS!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That is crazy and dangerous. Thankfully, you don't hear about it happening often as a regular practice.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join