It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world will not end in 2012. New Mayan Calendar Found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It looks like new Mayan Calendars were found that go way beyond the year 2012, proving that the Mayans did not believe that the world would end in 2012.

Let me say, though, that I never interpreted the original calendar this way, nor do I think it was ever supposed to be interpreted to mean, "the end of the world in 2012". The calendar was supposed to indicate the end of an age, or cycle, and the beginning of a new one. I really don't understand how so many people could interpret that to mean, "the end of the world".

Source: www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
this is probably the 20th thread on this. i'm sure a simple search would have found a few results

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
this is probably the 20th thread on this. i'm sure a simple search would have found a few results

Oh for real? I looked in the 2012 forum and didn't see anything. I was surprised too because I was expecting 20 threads.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nice to hear, but I don't think a new calendar was needed. There were old calendars that said the world won't end in 2012 too!
edit on 16-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

That's right. The calendar was very similar to clocks we use for seconds, minutes, hours. Insted, decades, centuries, millennia. When a clock gets to 12 oclock it doesn't stop or self destruct unless it has a bomb attached.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Golden Age!
2nd

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
It looks like new Mayan Calendars were found that go way beyond the year 2012, proving that the Mayans did not believe that the world would end in 2012.

Let me say, though, that I never interpreted the original calendar this way, nor do I think it was ever supposed to be interpreted to mean, "the end of the world in 2012". The calendar was supposed to indicate the end of an age, or cycle, and the beginning of a new one. I really don't understand how so many people could interpret that to mean, "the end of the world".

Source: www.usatoday.com...

Hello Smith, I think that there are few people who believe that this is the year that the world passes away. Personally I believe it's more likely to be "the beginning of woes". Far be it from me to say that the poles are not shifting. Shock therapy for us all.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just sounds to me like people are getting their excuses ready for when the world fails to end, yet again.

"Oh well yeah of course it wasn't going to end in 2012, see we found this even older more ancient-y tablet!"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

Same link and everything hehe. Dunno what forum it is in though.

Previous thread

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what is of interest, is how many will flock to a doomsday article, but how few will flock to one that disproves it.

top topics

join