It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object next to the sun,?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Low res ? Movement ? Sensors being fried ...

No idea really, totally guessing ... sorry

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
reply to post by StealthyKat

It is over exposed.

Course, there is that

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

No....no Nibiru doom for me, thankyou..... Just a sh**** camera (mine) and some lens flare. I was just wanting the OP to see that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
for all the people taking pictures of the sun with their cell phones, or looking with their naked eyes, please be careful. If you cannot afford a piece of Baader solar film, then get some mylar tape (good for emergency sun-looking), or don't have eclipse viewers (in many 3rd world countries charities hand those out for free to the general population, when a solar eclipse is due, as to prevent locals of frying their eyes), use a solar-projection technique. That is much safer, AND you won't get flares caused by either the optics, or dust on the optics.

solar projection screen
www.skyandtelescope.com...
spaceweather.com...

if you do this, you can view the sun safely, and photograph the projected image.

(if you follow these procedures, never use anything larger than a very small telescope, as the heat of the sun will destroy your telescope). If you have a decent telescope, invest in a proper solar filter.

If you really do insist taking pics of the naked sun with your cellphone, keep a small piece of exposed film (or the black parts of an x-ray) in your phone-pouch, and hold that over the lens. (if there is no small holes in it). then you should also get a better pic than trying to photograph the sun without any filter, but a piece of mylar works better. (some brands of tea, comes in a mylar bag. It is very shiny, almost like tin-foil, but thinner, and feels like plastic). BUT NEVER USE THESE FOR NAKED-EYE viewing.

edit on 16/5/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/5/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

That's what I thought. I didn't want to use a good cam to take a pic of the Sun

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join