It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Gov. to limit withdrawals to 50.00 euros a day, run on Greek banks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Im not sure if any of this is true or no........

Theres no substance to the thread so , can you post some more information here?

Do we know if this is just rumor?

I would like to know more, from the OP can we invest some time in gathering information to put in the thread?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If pulling out 50.000 euros is a big deal to Greece, then God help them all.
edit on 16-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I know there was a bank run. I haven't heard anything about a withdrawal limit
If this is true. It's only a matter of time. If not, ..... I just like to use links myself.
But I think this is huge!! I remember on ATS when reading posts about potential bank runs
In Europe but no real result! This was a large amount of people with a unspeaking concensus of getting they're money out of the scum banks. To me, that's how a bank run works

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I didn't find any confirmations on the 50 euros withdrawl limit. However i did find some back ground info on how Greeks are indeed withdrawing most of thier savings

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Updated at 12:05 p.m. ET: Political leaders in Athens were due to discuss an emergency government Wednesday to deal with a possible run on banks as it emerged Greeks withdrew almost $900 million in a single day, fearing their country could crash out of the euro currency by the end of the week.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
market-ticker.org...

I know this link doesn't have anything about the 50 Euro limit, but it does have something else that's a little interesting and related.

Flash off the rumor mill, unconfirmed -- it appears the Greek banks were just cut off by the ECB. If this is true then this is the latest "Gun up the nose" game by the Germans and ECB, and is almost-certain, in this political climate, to blow up their face (and quite possibly with shooting involved on the part of the Greeks too.)

edit on 16-5-2012 by Kreighton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join