It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon, Eggs and Toast..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

or lemonade

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yes! My favorite breakfast! I use the following at restaurants:

Bacon & Eggs
Traditional bacon & eggs is a quintessential American experience. In other countries, unless they are specifically catering to American tastes, you won’t find this on the menu. Unfortunately, as with any wide-spread and popular phenomena, quality varies. As we travel around the country, we eat at dozens of restaurants. We’ve just had Bacon & Eggs at your restaurant. This is how you rated. Your tip depends on how well you did.

1. Eggs over Easy
Fried eggs are flipped rather early in the cooking process. The idea is to ensure the yolk remains runny. There may be some of the white uncooked near the yolk. Carol orders eggs over easy

2. Eggs over Medium
Fried eggs are cooked very much like #1 above, but the white must be completely cooked so that only the yolk remains runny. It is OK to have the yolk just starting to gel, but it is NOT OK to have ANY runny white. That is slimy eggs. Michael does not eat slimy eggs.

3. Eggs over Hard
Eggs are cooked so that the yolk is cooked thoroughly. Nothing is left runny, but the yolk is not leather either. Learn how to cook eggs properly.

I Ordered: Medium Easy I got: Easy Medium Hard (circle one)

Scoring: 15 points per perfect egg. You can easily score a zero here for Slimy eggs or easy cooked hard.

Bacon: You are often at the whim of the bacon itself, but if you’re not serving good bacon, get another brand. Crisp bacon is best. Pork jerky is much too tough, and soggy bacon is inedible. The number of pieces is important. How generous are you?

I ordered bacon. I got _______pieces of Soggy (0) Crisp (3) Jerky (1) (circle one)

Scoring: Number of pieces times type of bacon = total score:
Hash Browns: Kind of filler, but can be done well. Necessary for a full breakfast. The lowest form of hash browns is frozen and stuck in a toaster. The best kind are those with some effort, such as “O’Briens” with onions and green peppers, or “Bushwhackers” which adds some cheese.

I ordered hash browns and got: Not available (-10) Toaster (0) Normal (2) Quality (5)

Scoring: Number of points circled.

Orange Juice. Surprisingly variable. Runs from orange aide to freshly squeezed, from lukewarm to ice cold, and from a tiny thimble to a generous glass which is either crystal clean or smudgy. Scoring is a bit arbitrary here but can be generous for the perfect glass of “Not from Concentrate”

Coffee: We’re from the Seattle area, so do it right. If we can see the bottom of the cup, it’s not coffee. The best coffee is what we call a “Double Short Americano” That’s strong coffee with no flavoring. Once again, scoring is a bit arbitrary because there are so many variables.

Service: Customer Service is where it’s at. That includes timeliness. We might be willing to put up with a slightly sub-standard breakfast if the service is friendly, but not too intrusive. I DO NOT want more coffee if the cup is nearly full. I’m trying to get it to cool. And I don’t want a meaningful relationship with you (Exception: red hair and green eyes.)

TOTAL POINTS: A perfect breakfast would get you over 60 points. We divide by three to get your percentage tip, so 60 would get you 20%. Screw up the eggs and the score plummets fast. Comments may be on back.

You received _________ points divided by 3 = __________ x price of meal = Tip of _____________

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

This is BTS, and the forum is called chit chat.

Is this a foreign concept to you?

If I want to start a thread on toothbrush comparisons, that is my right and the right of anyone who responds to it.

So mr. 20 posts, are you done trolling and your lazy attempt at psychoanalyzing random people on the net?

The only person who is irrelevant is you.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I know of no law that says you can't prepare sausage on the BBQ while you make eggs, toast and COFFEE in the kitchen.
Gotta have coffee.

oh man, i just tried to visualize that process of me running in and out of the kitchen preparing sausages outdoors and indoors doing the other stuff. I would love to know what the neighbors would be thinking watching me running in and out. i assume they would call the DHS that some lunatic is preparing a WMD of some sort. As for coffee, hmm now that is a touch and go subject, i am one of those people who can climb walls if the coffee is not right especially if the temperature of the coffee being served is not slightly above room temperature and should not be cold or too hot...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

To me,a good breakfast begins with coffee.

If I go to a restaurant, and the coffee is bad, I don't go back.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My favorite breakfast is t-bone steak and eggs over easy. When I can afford it. if i am feeling really indulgent, home fries on the side.

now that i think of it, it is also my favorite dinner, and was my favorite drunk munchies. So, good for any meal.lol
edit on 16-5-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No prob. If DHS shows up throw some of the uncooked eggs at them. They will feel right at home.
I still think that's a good idea. BBQ'd sausage with breakfast?

Nix- T-bone? That's the best cut of beef. The texture and flavor is unparallelled.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Your neighbors would be hoping you'd have thrown a few sausages on the grill for them....I know I would if I smelled grilling hot links first think in the morning...you'd be my new best friend.....

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
My favorite breakfast is t-bone steak and eggs over easy. When I can afford it. if i am feeling really indulgent, home fries on the side.

now that i think of it, it is also my favorite dinner, and was my favorite drunk munchies. So, good for any meal.lol
edit on 16-5-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

I actually might do embarrassing things for that T-Bone breakfast....eggs over easy...steak thick cut and rare....French roast coffee......pass me a drool rag, please....

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You know what you made me do, well i searched on the net for those electric indoor grills so i can cook sausages and just so we are clear, if some reason the gf goes postal on me from cooking sausages indoors and i end up sleeping on the couch i will be opening a thread on "how to avoid sleeping alone and on the couch"

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Bacon

Star and flag!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
lazy sod! ha ha ha !
i dont eat chicken fetuses,pig fat,and toast has very little(if any) nutritional value!
maybe because you ingest this type of 'food' is the reason your so lethargic!

CHicken fetuses???
Common misconception that the eggs you eat are fertile.
The eggs you eat should not be fertile, hens lay eggs reguardless, much like humans, what you are eating is (or not eating in your case) is more like menstral fluid.

Chickens need a cockeral to lay fertilized eggs, if your egg store has fertilized eggs go somewere else.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
omgahd. *drools* you guys are killing me! I'm so hungry. I like making breakfast for dinner quite frequently as well.

Eggs over medium, toast, bacon AND or sausage (yesssss Intrepid. SAUSAGE!) Hashbrowns. *rocks back and forth and stares at the clock* I need to get home and make this.

I will also admit to liking fried Spam and Eggs *ducks* Yes I'm sure whatever is in Spam is completely nasty so please don't tell me. I'm also a giant fan of fried corned beef hash with breakfast.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

this is how i like my eggs

You fill a pan with a good amount of oil, heat the pan then drop 2 eggs, not so much oil that it covers the yolk but the whole pan has to be filled well. You basically fry them, then with the spatula or w/e you're using you want to sprinkle, or get some of the hot oil on the yolk and this creates that nice white layer over the yolk and the yolk starts to harden and cook as well. the way i like it is to get the yolk just a BIT hard but maintaining its runny-ness at the same time.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
omgahd. *drools* you guys are killing me! I'm so hungry. I like making breakfast for dinner quite frequently as well.

Eggs over medium, toast, bacon AND or sausage (yesssss Intrepid. SAUSAGE!) Hashbrowns. *rocks back and forth and stares at the clock* I need to get home and make this.

I will also admit to liking fried Spam and Eggs *ducks* Yes I'm sure whatever is in Spam is completely nasty so please don't tell me. I'm also a giant fan of fried corned beef hash with breakfast.

spam is great but the one they sell in markets here is just rubbish, i recently discovered i could buy some russian spam online and it blows market spam outta the water

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I am assuming that this is a play thread...
I do make good biscuits and gravy.The gravy is homemade
but the biscuits are grands

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

They are not fetuses until fertilized. I don't eat pork either,
my bacon and sausage gobbled at one time.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Here is a quick and easy gravy you can make in a few minutes.
In the freezer section you can buy frozen,crumbled sausage.Put
the sausage in a skillet,add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, add
1 can of milk and heat and eat.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Attention...Cats are NOT on the menu

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join