It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of second object near the Sun, very clear.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
To all you "Two Sun " believers.
An easy way to settle this nonsense once and for all .
Borrow a welding mask and go take a look at the sun .
If you don't spot anything unusual then it is obviously a camera anomaly that causes the second sun to appear.

If you do spot anything , why not attempt to film it too ?

Have fun

No need to. As I was sure someone must have already. Here's your welder's mask and planet X

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Here's another welding mask video:

Seems we're in agreement for once...

ETA...

or are we....?

Did you watch the whole video??

edit on 17/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

if it was the moon between us and the sun it would be dark not illuminated

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

lol, of course I watched the whole video.
I don't do things "half assed"
ETA: not really sure what half assed means anyway, just something my dad used to say.
edit on 17-5-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
my guess it's either jupiter or venus or some other body reflecting the sun. Because if it is a second sun then we would feel the effects ie global warming increased radiation earthquakes tsunami's etc.......................wait we allready have that

I was going to say Venus. It is less than a month before it transits the Sun and the position of the "object" does look to be in the right spot.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Never tell ANYONE to look at the sun with a welding mask. Those are not safe. The only thing I can suggest is using the glasses specially made for looking at solar eclipses. Don't make yourself responsible for making people go blind.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Not true.

Shade 14 welding glass will protect your eyes from the sun...

Be careful that you use the right kind of glass! Welder's glass is numbered from 1 to 14 with 14 being the darkest. It is only number 14 glass that is dark enough for solar viewing! And NO STACKING! A pair of number 7's or a 10 and a 4 together DO NOT have the same protection as a single piece of number 14

www.perkins-observatory.org...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Not true.

Shade 14 welding glass will protect your eyes from the sun...

Be careful that you use the right kind of glass! Welder's glass is numbered from 1 to 14 with 14 being the darkest. It is only number 14 glass that is dark enough for solar viewing! And NO STACKING! A pair of number 7's or a 10 and a 4 together DO NOT have the same protection as a single piece of number 14

www.perkins-observatory.org...

The odds of someone having the proper ones are not as great. Still not something that should be recommended.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I never told anyone to use one. I posted a YT of someone who already did. And look at my first three words. "No need to"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is clearly a second object visible next to the sun.

Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of photography can see that, especially when the object is covered partially by the moving clouds.

It may as well be Venus or some other planet, I'm not an Astronomer, but it's clearly a distinguishable object brightly illuminated by the sun.

The people jumping on this thread, claiming it's a lens flare or artifact need to have their eyes or synaptic pathways checked out.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just because there is an object that clearly looks like its a huge body beside the sun doesn't automatically mean its a huge body beside the sun. Haha

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is not another object, i don't understand how people can't see the truth here.

That object is the Sun reflecting off the lens of the Camera filming this video, and then hitting the lens of the sunglasses he is holding in front of it.

Theres at least 3 inches between the camera and the sunglasses. Once the reflected sun hits the back inside part of the sunglasses it has been diminished in intensity and hence looks more like the orb and less intense than it does pre reflection.

The reason you can't safely look at the sun with simple sun glasses is because they dont block enough UV or visible light. But since 90+% of the light goes through the camera and into the camera sensor, the reflected light bouncing back to the sunglasses is so diminished it appears like an orb not bright enough to create a second lens flare.

This is clearly an effect of the way it was filmed. There is no second object.

BTW you can clearly see that the moment the sun goes behind the clouds the object loses even more intensity and becomes distorted with the texture of the clouds because it is a reflection of the sun behind the clouds!!! Once the sun is fully behind the clouds it goes away!! I don't understand how people can't see this.
edit on 17-5-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
you people need to chill out

www.godlikeproductions.com...

www.examiner.com...

Its the mooon. I am a HUUUUUUUUGE Lover of Pleiades, so this is an exciting event for beings like myself

Get outside on the 20th and enjoy it
lots of energy coming forth.

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying, do your own research and you will see. Well I'm educated in research and I can't find any evidence for claims of sudden pole shift, planet X, earth wobbles and so on. Sorry,

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Isn't venus about to eclipse the sun in 3 days on the 20th? It seems like it would be normal to see it looking that big in the skies if it is about to cause a solar eclipse soon. However if the sun doesn't come back for three days I'm running for my end of the world the gods are returning survival kit "my manual can opener for left handed people"

edit on 17/5/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Isn't venus about to eclipse the sun in 3 days on the 20th? It seems like it would be normal to see it looking that big in the skies if it is about to cause a solar eclipse soon. However if the sun doesn't come back for three days I'm running for my end of the world the gods are returning survival kit "my manual can opener for left handed people"

Google a Venus transit. Venus is very very small next to the sun, even when in front it will look like a moving sunspot. That video is showing a reflection of the sun in the lens of the camera against the lens of the sunglasses he is using to dim the sun.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter

Originally posted by IAmD1

Google a Venus transit. Venus is very very small next to the sun, even when in front it will look like a moving sunspot. That video is showing a reflection of the sun in the lens of the camera against the lens of the sunglasses he is using to dim the sun.

Thank you tpsreporter for clarifying what size venus will occur during the event. In the two videos this man posted one on the 12 and one on the 13th the large 'reflection' is on different sides of the sun... is this typical for these kinds of reflections...meaning does it confirm or deny that it is a reflection?? It also looks about the same size in both videos. I also noticed that the bright object next to the sun in the SOHO lasco images also moved from coming in to the left and now it is seen to the right of the sun. Would you mind explaining how the orbit of venus work in relation to us and how it will come to traverse the sun in three days (from our point of view)

Thank you

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Excellent questions.

The reason the object appears on different sides of the sun in his videos is due to the angle with which he is holding the glasses. Actually since sun glasses tend to be formed in a symmetrical fashion, the angle the lens forms in relation to the camera on any side is the exact opposite of the other side of the glasses, so simply using the other lens for another video could produce the same effect but on the other side of the sun.

It can also be done by holding the glasses differently.

A good experiment you can do to support my argument is to take a pair of sunglasses with a good reflective coating and hold it a few inches from your face. In a pair that i own you can actually see your own eyeball looking back at you, its quite trippy. But not supernatural, just a reflective trick. If this guy were to hold a light shielding piece of glass firmly against the lens of the camera, this effect would go away and you would see only the sun and not it's reflection. Its because sunglasses are meant to form to the shape of a face and not a camera, it creates a space between the camera and glasses that is room enough for this reflection to occur.

As for why Venus will be crossing the sun....

Venus and Earth orbit on roughly the same plane in relation to the Sun. That plane being a flat circular field where most planets (but not all) orbit. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune, and Uranus all orbit on this plane. This plane also happens to align with the stars of the Zodiac. Those constellations were designed around this solar plane that we and our nearest planets orbit. If the north pole of the Sun was considered "up" then these planets would basically all orbit in roughly the same vertical position relative to each other.

Since Venus is closer to the sun than we are, it will always appear in our sky in the general direction of the Sun. It will appear furthest from the Sun when it's orbital location is exactly perpendicular to our orbital location to the Sun. But it can never be located behind us and the Sun. This is generally why you get to enjoy looking at it during or right after Sunset, and during or right before Sunrise but never in the hours of deep night. 2am for example, you will not find Venus in the sky. (Unless you're at a pole and the sun isn't really far beyond the horizon anyway.)

But the orbits are not perfect!! Since Earth is not pointing directly up and down in relation to the poles of the Sun, and the Orbit of Venus is not perfectly flat, Venus will not always lay directly between the Earth and the Sun.

See Image in Link:
Orbital Relations of Earth and Venus

It's actually a very rare event in the grand scheme of things. There is a pattern to these transits and that pattern can have gaps of over 100 years!!!

edit on 17-5-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
The second sun is a reflection off the lens inside the camera(and hence smaller) due to the refraction of light passing through the sunglasses.

I'd be willing to bet that the sunglasses used, were polarised.

I dont think so. The object looks small.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
When one desperately wants something to exist, all common sense, science, and basic knowledge goes flying out of the window.

If there were such a thing as Planet X/Nibiru/Cybertron, it wouldn't be SOLELY discovered by the Scooby-Doo Gang on Youtube. Like John Wayne always said, "This is getting to be re-goddamn-diculous."

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join