It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man builds Tesla Gun that can shoot 20,000 Volts of Electricity: (Weird Science)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A repurposed Nerf gun equipped with a Tesla coil that can shoot up to 20,000 volts of electricity. This electrifying gun created by Rob Flickenger was inspired by the fictional Tesla gun from the steampunk graphic novel The Five Fists of Science.

Flickenger used an old iron-cast Nerf gun for the weapon's body and a 3D printed porcelain case to house both the Tesla coil and a high-voltage switch. To make this weapon work, all you need to do is pull the trigger like you would with any other gun. But since this is a Tesla coil-powered weapon, expect to see lightning instead of bullets.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Now, HOW COOL IS THIS! I want one--when he refinds it a bit. Crazy. A look into our future perhaps?

I think Electricity is the Key to unlocking many of our mysteries and things we don't even know about yet.

The Aliens/UFO's seem to like it a lot----if you are to believe such things...

Anyway, reminded me of the old 80's movie Weird Science...
edit on 5/16/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
pretty cool!. reminds me of one of those things at the science centre that makes you hair stand up!

i would have liked to see him 'shoot' something with it to see how much damage it would do!
still,i don't think id like to be on the 'business' end of that thing!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Maybe the whole shooting thing isn't perfected yet?

Seems to be a little short range. That's why I would take one "When" it gets done.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is just a normal tesla coil mounted sideways in a gun? So it wont 'shoot' electric bolts like bullets?

Its not really a gun is it, its more like a fancy cattle prod.

edit on 16-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
the music is a extra bonus
does anyone know the name?
edit on 16-5-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

In actuallity it is the same "thing that you stick your hand on in science fairs and your hair stands on end". The end is shaped like a donut rather than a sphere, but still the same basic concept. The Static generator you see at science fairs produce large quantities of electricity using static electricity where this device uses a tesla coil, but they both can produce the same results, though the tesla coils are generally a lot more powerful.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If you look under the USS Starship Enterprise in the series "The next Generation" you will see a dish. I think that's quite possibly the future of such a weapon in space seeing as two conductive elements in space will attract. So a burst of high energized particles ought to do the trick against any enemy in space.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
OK, but 20kV is not a lot for a Tesla coil, so not knowing the size of the "Nerf-gun???" I must assume it is like a pistol, or something. With a larger gun-sized Tesla coil you will should get about 10 times, i.e., 200kV. (that is easily obtained with a 60cm long Tesla coil), and in any case, it is just a toy, to impress some people... If you really want to see what a nice toy-Tesla coil does, look at the musical videos of arcattack.

www.arcattack.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
OK, but 20kV is not a lot for a Tesla coil, so not knowing the size of the "Nerf-gun???" I must assume it is like a pistol, or something. With a larger gun-sized Tesla coil you will should get about 10 times, i.e., 200kV. (that is easily obtained with a 60cm long Tesla coil), and in any case, it is just a toy, to impress some people... If you really want to see what a nice toy-Tesla coil does, look at the musical videos of arcattack.

www.arcattack.com...

OMG looks like someone is sexually assaulting Elijah Wood in a cage

edit on 16-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think we are safe from the looks of that demo.
The whole set up is available on Ebay with demo using a long wrench instead of a sword.

He will not have as much trouble a Tesla did with his force creations announcement in 1940.
Apparently Tesla reversed the pulling force for his Teslaship, being worked on in WWII
Germany, into a force of projected matter, since space is not a vacuum told to us by the
elite, at specific points. This is done by beat frequency arrangements as my guess and a
carrier wave. In any case the fantasy of Tesla duped many to hustle over to his abode and
only found his space ship that was already being worked on.

Yup, good luck on shooting matter around like Tesla.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Gotta start somewhere! And it looks like FUN!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i think you can make something a lot nastier with an old microwave oven watch vids on youtube . i had a stun gun with 350.000 volts that was one mean weapon more than a few seconds on a human & your digging holes late at night

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

A repurposed Nerf gun equipped with a Tesla coil that can shoot up to 20,000 volts of electricity. This electrifying gun created by Rob Flickenger was inspired by the fictional Tesla gun from the steampunk graphic novel The Five Fists of Science.

Flickenger used an old iron-cast Nerf gun for the weapon's body and a 3D printed porcelain case to house both the Tesla coil and a high-voltage switch. To make this weapon work, all you need to do is pull the trigger like you would with any other gun. But since this is a Tesla coil-powered weapon, expect to see lightning instead of bullets.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Anyway, reminded me of the old 80's movie Weird Science...
edit on 5/16/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA.

why not combine a vortex gun with this and shoot plasma balls?

the vortex gun will carry the plasma to the target..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by reficul

Maybe the whole shooting thing isn't perfected yet?

Seems to be a little short range. That's why I would take one "When" it gets done.

the vortex gun will carry the plasma to the target....could you tell the guy to do this??

this thing would be inside a tube/vortex gun and the vortex gun would shoot the plama long distange...
tell him..

tell him.

could you do it?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As a victim of a million volt shock, I can tell you this thing will cause you pain. They say the amperage is so low you won't get hurt but my nerves were messed up for weeks.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

the vortex gun will carry the plasma to the target..

KEWL!!! Let's do it!!!

edit on 19-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
As a victim of a million volt shock, I can tell you this thing will cause you pain. They say the amperage is so low you won't get hurt but my nerves were messed up for weeks.

It actually depends where the amps flow through your body too. It only takes a few milliamps across the heart to kill someone. So a small current travelling from one hand to another (across the heart) is much more dangerous than a small current travelling from one finger to another on the same hand. That is why you will see a lot of electricians working with one hand in their pocket.
edit on 19/5/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

i've already thought of something similar. plasma can be contained and propelled with electromagnets, so if you created a dense cloud of plasma, then ejected it with a powerful electromagnetic pulse, you could send it shooting off. of course range would be limited in an atmosphere, but i'm sure you could beat this thing (which is simply arcing electricity) by far.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Kinda brilliant, but the vortex moves too slow. I thought the nerf gun was going to shoot a grounding object wired back to the gun so the bolt will go that way. The plasma can be directed in a hollow laser, but vortexes won't hold lightning. the idea is to cut a path in the air. Maybe fire the vortex and a few seconds later fire the plasma blast.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

It went through my active cellphone and down my spine. It brought me to my knees but I didn't loose consciousness. I think the coil in the phone changed it. A few days later I could not hold my head up. This lasted a few days. I should have sued the guy who owned the exhibit. hey just thought of something, maybe God was on the other end of my call since I was talking in a lightning bolt.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join