It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StarLite - the nuclear blast-defying plastic that could change the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Two decades ago amateur scientist Maurice Ward invented a material that could resist the force of 75 Hiroshimas. So why haven't we all heard about it?

The gentleman feels for something in his jacket pocket. It's a nice suit, and it is accompanied by a suitably gentlemanly bow-tie. The effect is sartorially unusual but not too much. What will come out of the pocket, though, is more than unusual. It is unparalleled and almost unbelievable. 'Here,' says Maurice Ward, handing over a creamy small square. 'That's Starlite.' It's a piece of plastic that bends in all directions, with a charred mark the size of a coin on one side. 'That's from the nuclear blast,' says Ward. 'Don't worry, there's no nuclear stuff on it. I wouldn't have given it to you otherwise.'

Read more via link: www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This was recently brought up

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And prior....here

Search is your friend

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

Amazing stuff-it was featured on the BBC's "tommorrows world" prog I think.He made it from household items so the story goes.
Damn shame this has been lost to the world,due to the fact Mr Ward didn't get the offer of big money he was after.
So he kept it a secret,then died.There was talk of one of his relatives having the recipe,but she ain't sharing it either.

I think I read of a US man who invented a similar product-Was it Troy Hubertise(I can't remember).
I think it was him though,the guy who made a "bear proof"suit.

edit on 16/5/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted by OccamAssassin
This was recently brought up

And prior....here

Please continue to contribute to any of these threads.

top topics

join