It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mum Shoots Dead Four Kids Then Kills Herself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Mum Shoots Dead Four Kids Then Kills Herself

news.sky.com

A mother shot and killed her four children before turning a gun on herself in a small town in Florida.

The victims, aged 12, 13, 15 and 17, were shot by their mother Tonya Thomas at their house in Brevard County, 15 miles from Nasa's Kennedy Space Centre.

A neighbour told police that three of the children had banged on his door shortly before 5am on Tuesday before Thomas, 33, ordered them home.

Shortly afterward police were called after reports of gunfire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Just what is happening in this World?

Too much of this stuff goes on... i'm pretty sure over the last week i've read three similar stories to this one.

What is it that makes one want to kill their own children and then themselves?

Why dont they seek help?

Why not just top yourself and leave the children alone?

I have a theory for the last question and that is maybe the person doing the killing doesnt want their children to experience the same life that they had or they dont want their children growing up in such a World where this type of thing happens... i don't know but i'm stumped as to why we hear alot of this stuff happening of late.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
this becoming a common thing here in Europe to mate, sad sad world we live in.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This disgusts me.

For the sake of whatever god you believe in, if you feel this is a good idea or the only way forward, please bring your children to the nearest hospital, law enforcement agency, house of worship, community centre, government building or agency, before selfishly taking their lives.

You do not not have the right to murder.

You need a little help, just ask for it - you will be helped. - You are not alone.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is just sad and makes my heart drop.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

I know... i am in Europe!!

England to be precise!!

I remember a Film i've seen where this type of thing was happening... just cant rember the title of the Film!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
In the UK this last week a mother smothered her two kids to death in London, while in Derby the mother is arrested in connection with the deaths of her SIX!!! kids killed in a fire

Truly staggering

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Just what is happening in this World?

I believe midevil times
were much worse than this
and kid's in africa are givin
guns to kill their own family..

I dont believe all the hype that
it is just getting worse..

This lady was a nutjob and there have been
nut jobs since the beggining of time

Thing that gets me is
how did she get all four at one time?

edit on 16-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Devastating. And I feel for the children.
You can say these are all crazy people doing crazy things but I notice a cold heartless draft stealing it's way into our political discourse. There is very little altruism and good will that comes forth as available to help people, the poor the elderly and children in need.
Mentally, financially, education and skills wise, raising and feeding your family and providing for their health care. If you need food, clothing, shelter, health services, an education or a job in this economy (and we know there are not enough jobs to go around) - you are made to feel like a loser, a failure. You are mocked and treated as a third or fourth class citizen, a burden and a weight on the system and on the country. Living on the dole.

Whatever happened to recognizing issues and addressing problems as in the hungry with soup kitchens and the homeless with shelters? Whatever happened to helping people? Do you have to be a member of a religious sect or a Christian Charity to do any good for strangers?
Resources for that struggling mother were drying up and not expanding.
It is true for everyone
but the lucky, the brilliant and those born into wealth, security and privilege.
Instead of complaining to people who could care less
people are killing themselves and all they are responsible for.
They are leaving us to wonder... why?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
To begin with, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I have no idea what went on in that house. I wasn't there. I've read only 1 short article about it. I don't know who pulled the trigger.

[color=FFD5B0]The 15-year-old, a boy, was arrested last month charged with attacking his mother.

◄Ж►

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
How could you even do this?
Killing your own children and then kill yourself?
This is so sad, i'm devastated.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
To begin with, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I have no idea what went on in that house. I wasn't there. I've read only 1 short article about it. I don't know who pulled the trigger.

[color=FFD5B0]The 15-year-old, a boy, was arrested last month charged with attacking his mother.

◄Ж►

Most 15 year olds dont attack their mom
unless something seriously is wrong
this mom must of been abusive

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
she was obviously desperate or scared and wanted to protect her children from being hurt, so she thought she could free them.

of course, society has taught us that death is bad and we should prolong our life as long as we can.

but on the other hand, she had no right to take their lives, its like going to an amusement park, getting sick after one of the rides and then killing your whole family so they dont get sick.

i'm sure she was mentally unstable, but that doesnt mean she has no feeling and that makes this so much sadder.
it must've taken balls to shoot her own kids...i wonder what exactly she was trying to protect them from.

or maybe im the one whos crazy and she just shot them because she had a psychotic breakdown.

hmmm..wish i could've been there.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

There was 4 kid's how did she kill all
of them that quick?

Just heard a report 2 of the kid's
went running to the neighbors
house the mom told them to go back
they did and she finished the one off
the other one collapsed in the lawn.

There is no understanding this

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is so sad. I do think people are losing their minds in 2012 for some strange reason - whether Apocalyptic, geomagnetical or just psyched out like at Y2K, I have no idea.

Anyways...yet another awful story coming out of Florida...
edit on 16/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

There was 4 kid's how did she kill all
of them that quick?

Just heard a report 2 of the kid's
went running to the neighbors
house the mom told them to go back
they did and she finished the one off
the other one collapsed in the lawn.

There is no understanding this

i thought the neighbor ordered them to go back, not the mom

A neighbour told police that three of the children had banged on his door shortly before 5am on Tuesday before Thomas, 33, ordered them home.

edit on 16-5-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
she was obviously desperate or scared and wanted to protect her children from being hurt, so she thought she could free them.

of course, society has taught us that death is bad and we should prolong our life as long as we can.

but on the other hand, she had no right to take their lives, its like going to an amusement park, getting sick after one of the rides and then killing your whole family so they dont get sick.

i'm sure she was mentally unstable, but that doesnt mean she has no feeling and that makes this so much sadder.
it must've taken balls to shoot her own kids...i wonder what exactly she was trying to protect them from.

or maybe im the one whos crazy and she just shot them because she had a psychotic breakdown.

"it must have taken balls to shoot her own kids"

*picks self off floor*

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

The neighbor ordered bleeding kid's back home?

Why is this guy not in jail??

I heard it over the radio but i did not
realize he practiacally hand in hand
led them to their graves..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Now that's some damn sorry A** neighbors man!!! They should be held up in prison for the sumaritan law...is there still a sumaritan law on the books in FL? I know some states do still have them. Some I think don't. Now if children came to my house banging at 5am in the morning I would be the one to bring them into my home, call whatever they needed and help them (the first thing I would think of though is fire). I know my friends woke up with a neighbor banging on the door at around that time to tell them that another house was on fire with people inside sleeping. You know it's got to be an emergancy at that hour of the morning seriously...I hope I NEVER get neighbors like those. They should be ashamed.

Now that mother had some serious issues what the heck? I can't beleive no one saw the warning signs. Then again they said she only yelled at her kids, which I must admit I yelled a lot at my kids too, but there had to be some kind of red flag a small sign that something was seriously wrong there?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Now that's some damn sorry A** neighbors man!!! They should be held up in prison for the sumaritan law...is there still a sumaritan law on the books in FL? I know some states do still have them. Some I think don't. Now if children came to my house banging at 5am in the morning I would be the one to bring them into my home, call whatever they needed and help them (the first thing I would think of though is fire).

From what i can gather.
They were bleeding, and shot at the point they went to the neighbors..
The one fell out in the lawn going back home and the mom *finished off*
the other one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join