It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ps360 controller question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers,

I am wondering if anyone on here knows if it is possible to put a wireless 360 controller into a dualshock 3 shell?

I can try my hand at a guide if its possible (or purcharse one already modded if its not too expensive).

Thanks for the advice/help

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HiroProtagonist

I think the main problem becomes the vibration mechanism, the size of it is a lot larger on the 360 controller

Pretty sure I have seen 3rd party controllers down at the shops that mimic either controller on each console.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I dont see why you would want to do that. I find that the xbox 360 controller more comfortable than the ps3 controller. I own both consoles, but my ps3 ylod on me
and i find that I like the xbox controller more.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
www.psu.com...

Cool link, man. Now if only they can show me a way to stuff my PS3 into an old Atari casing... that would be rad.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I like the ps3 controller.
When i held the 360 controller feels like im holding a hamburger. But then again ive owned p1 p2 and p3

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
you can buy controller crossover adaptors for each console which also allow button remapping

I have both, and prefer the xbox controller, I use them equally but the ps3 I feel aches my wrists a little more as I feel I have to stick my wrists out to configure my hands into some kind of claw shape for accurate operation

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Have you guys seen those setups where you plug a USB Mouse and Keyboard into a PS3 and are able to use it for FPS games?

Totally kills controller in those type of games

XFPS PS3 Controller Adapter

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
When i held the 360 controller feels like im holding a hamburger. But then again ive owned p1 p2 and p3

There's a good reason why Sony sticks to the same basic design for 18 years now. It simply works and is perfect as it is (the basic design and layout previously already proofed to be excellent on the SNES gamepad) - except the 4 front buttons only layout is horrible for fighting games that use 6-Buttons (classic Street Fighter Layout)

As i own about 27 different consoles, i've used quite a lot of joysticks and gamepads and i'm not too fond of the Xbox 360 Gamepad. I don't like that it is wireless, the Batterys makes it heavier than it needs to be and god knows how dangerous the radiation from the Signal is.
I don't like the Triggers, that's something i hated on the Dreamcast before. They may be good for Racing games (but you would want to use a steering wheel with pedals for thos games anyway because everything else just isn't much fun) while they fail in every other genre.
The D-Pad is the worst i've ever seen on a first party gamepad. It's even worse than the Master System Gamepad. Totally unreliable, you press left, it reads it as left-down or left-up. It's a complete piece of #. The analog sticks are also not as responsible as those found on the PS controllers but they are at least better than the crap Nintendo used for the N64 and Gamecube pads.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I owned PS1 and 2 and I always found the sticks being on the same level awkward for FPS's.
The 360 controller with it's sticks one above the other is much more comfortable for me, i'm not constantly bumping my thumb tips together.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

I owned PS1 and 2 and I always found the sticks being on the same level awkward for FPS's.
The 360 controller with it's sticks one above the other is much more comfortable for me, i'm not constantly bumping my thumb tips together.

Yeah I reckon that the 360 pad is better for FPS but other than that I would go PS controller for every other game! and for me FPS are just done to death, they need to vanish for a decade IMO

new topics

top topics

join