It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift Data You Shouldn't Ignore

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by DJW001

Yeah but what effects would/will it have on our world? Any? Effects on people? I am woefully uneducated on this topic.

Oh, how about millions of tornadoes, hurricanes, forest fires, lightening strikes, 1000 mph winds, the loudest noises you have ever heard. Every single thing humankind has ever build destroyed. That's just for starters.
Sorry! You did ask. And, it has already happened, three times before. Research the Hopi Indians.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

When I asked that, it was in response to DJW001 saying that it's "only the magnetic pole that's wandering, not the earth's axis." I just didn't know if magnetic pole reversal would do much to disrupt our lives. He said just navigation and possibly extra solar wind I think. My memory fails me.

Throughout this thread there has been argument about what would really happen.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Oh, how about millions of tornadoes, hurricanes, forest fires, lightening strikes, 1000 mph winds, the loudest noises you have ever heard. Every single thing humankind has ever build destroyed. That's just for starters.

Why?

Sorry! You did ask. And, it has already happened, three times before. Research the Hopi Indians.

If everything that humankind had ever built was destroyed, why are the Hopi the only ones who know about it?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

DJW001

Why?

If everything that humankind had ever built was destroyed, why are the Hopi the only ones who know about it?

The Hopi are not the only ones who knew about this. 300MPH winds is what I've read not 1000MPH. But everything else seems possible. There is evidence that short ice ages follow polar axis shifts. There is also evidence that axis shifts can happen in a matter of days or minutes not millions of years. I have recently read interesting things about this.

The axis shift is normally recorded between 30-60 degrees. Some believe 30 degrees would cause mass global flooding where safe zone would be above 500ft and 100miles inland to avoid tsunami's. The seed vault was placed 650ft above sea level and was rushed to be completed and it is now sealed.

I believe the rapid increase in polar wander, the minimal magnetic field combined with the high energy cloud we are traveling through might be setting up an axis shift. The government doesn't care about infrastructure for 30 years, they have built massive underground cities, focused on genetic crops, ballooned massive worldwide debt all coming to a head while the poles wander is in the fast lane?

Signs they are everywhere!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

CrimsonMoon
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

what were the previous methods used to collect the data before the last 20 years?

It cant be ruled out that the data is is just being recorded now in finer detail.

I'll add another, more basic, question:

Just how is the location of the magnetic pole determined? By measurement (with what?) or by mathematics (how?).

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

FyreByrd

CrimsonMoon
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

what were the previous methods used to collect the data before the last 20 years?

It cant be ruled out that the data is is just being recorded now in finer detail.

I'll add another, more basic, question:

Just how is the location of the magnetic pole determined? By measurement (with what?) or by mathematics (how?).

The satellite known as Ørsted is one of many tools used to measure the Earth's magnetic field and it properties.

The Earth has undergone many Magnetic Pole Shifts over time, and is recorded quite clearly in volcanic rock (in which magnetic minerals align themselves with the magnetic field as the rock cools, giving us a accurate record of these shifts).

However, a Magnetic Pole Shift is not the same as a Crustal Pole Shift in which the speculation of has the Earth's physical crust shift so that the physical north pole and south pole are displaced. Of which there is no geological evidence on a global scale to support this speculation.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I watched a documentary recently about the Earth's magnetic field and the pole shift; "Pure Science Specials: Magnetic Storm", Season 1: Ep. 14, air date 11/18/2003. This show does a great job of explaining magnetic pole shifts. For example, the Earth's magnetic field has flipped many times in the past. The schedule has been fairly regular, but I can't remember how long between shifts.

Though the magnetic field will fluctuate rapidly during the flip, the whole process is long on the human time scale, as in a thousand years or thousands of years. We probably will not see it through during our lives, but we may see a lot of changes in our lifetime. And, WE WILL SURVIVE! Also, the field is long overdue for a flip.

Scientist are still trying to understand exactly how the field is formed in the first place and how it is changing. One scientist has run computer simulations to understand how it all works and even his simulations predict a pole flip even though that's not what he was trying to learn from his simulations.

The Earth's magnetic field is generated from WITHIN the Earth and is not dependent on the Sun's magnetic field or the galactic plane or any other non-sense like that. This subject is interesting and relevant, but there is no conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I bet it rotates on an axis naturally. If you collected the data for 300 years, it would draw circles around the static North Pole.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Galileo400

So the earth's magnetic field is not impacted by the Sun, It's all internal? Sounds silly to me. Galactic energies and etc? Could this axis shift happen because of massive releases in volcanic heat and earthquakes which could be triggered from outside forces which then might cause a change inside the earth? Seems plausible to me.

I don't know the answers I'm just curious. Can you explain exactly what causes an axis shift? Can you explain why we are so overdue for one? Can you explain why they rushed to finish the seed vault? Can you explain why they put it 650 above sea level? Why are so many insider's predicting a massive rise in sea levels in a short time?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You said scientists don't know what causes it, but my ideas do not affect it? I'd love to hear your explanation. Can you explain why there is evidence of wooly mammoths and other species being flash frozen in areas that are not hospitable?

Can you point us to evidence which showed axis shifts taking thousands or millions of years?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

research3300
Can you explain why there is evidence of wooly mammoths and other species being flash frozen in areas that are not hospitable?

That would be like explaining why a giant polar bear was found on the roof of my house last week

Very few well preserved remains of woolly mammoths have been found - those which have appear to be animals which drowned in boggy pools and were preseved much in the way 'bog people' were.

In other cases, such as the famous blue babe, there was clear evidence of predation of the carcass after death.

And mammoths continued living on Wrangel Island, in the Arctic Ocean north of Siberia, until just a few thousand years ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There are no sudden large rotational axis changes. There's a very slow precessional/nutational change, but you can't get a sudden change where LA is at the north pole in 10 minutes flat or something.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

research3300

You said scientists don't know what causes it, but my ideas do not affect it? I'd love to hear your explanation. Can you explain why there is evidence of wooly mammoths and other species being flash frozen in areas that are not hospitable?

Can you point us to evidence which showed axis shifts taking thousands or millions of years?

Angular Momentum and physics is always a good argument against a sudden shift in the Earth's physical poles.

The Earth maintains a spin on it's axis at a 23 degree angle because our moon helps keep us anchored to that. We do have a "wobble" like a top that we call Precession, which is a 26,000 year cycle and only changes where the poles point at (but is not going to make the Sahara Desert become the north pole, etc).
There is also True Polar Wander.

Other planets, like Mars have large swings in where their poles point at because they are not anchored by a large moon like us, however those changes take millions of years to happen, and are not sudden.

The amount of energy it would require to suddenly make the Earth's pole shift a large amount would take a tremendous amount of energy due to the conservation of angular momentum. And to give you an idea of how much energy: even if the moon were to fall out of the sky and hit us would not be enough energy to cause the Earth's physical poles to tilt over....but it would be enough energy to turn most of the Earth's surface into molten rock.......

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

research3300

So the earth's magnetic field is not impacted by the Sun, It's all internal?

Please read more carefully. I did not say that the Earth's magnetic field was not impacted by outside forces.

What I did said...

post by Galileo400
The Earth's magnetic field is generated from WITHIN the Earth...

Do you see the difference? By the way, the main outside influence on the Earth's magnetic field is the Solar wind.

research3300

Can you explain exactly what causes an axis shift?
No.

post by Galileo400
Scientist are still trying to understand exactly how the field is formed in the first place and how it is changing.

research3300

Can you explain why we are so overdue for one?
No.

post by Galileo400
Scientist are still trying to understand exactly how the field is formed in the first place and how it is changing.

Now, if you want to ask how do we know that we are overdue for a pole shift, I can tell you that geologists have sampled and measured rocks from many depths, and therefore ages, and they see a regular pattern of pole shifts and that the last pole shift was longer ago than the other pole shift periods. And, NO, I cannot explain that; nobody can. I'm just passing on what I learned from the documentary that I referenced in my original post.
my origional post.
edit on 2013-10-9 by Galileo400 because: Formatting Issues

edit on 2013-10-9 by Galileo400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Erik, first, if you're going to quote me...quote ME! Those are YOUR words in my quote box.

eriktheawful - Can you explain why there is evidence of wooly mammoths and other species being flash frozen in areas that are not hospitable?

I never said anything about flash frozen mammoths. I have heard about them and they bring up all kinds of good questions, but not my words.

eriktheawful - Can you point us to evidence which showed axis shifts taking thousands or millions of years?

Please read my post again, I said:

...a thousand years or thousands of years...

This estimate came from the computer simulation work that was featured on the documentary that I referenced in my original post.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Galileo400
reply to post by eriktheawful

Erik, first, if you're going to quote me...quote ME! Those are YOUR words in my quote box.

eriktheawful - Can you explain why there is evidence of wooly mammoths and other species being flash frozen in areas that are not hospitable?

I never said anything about flash frozen mammoths. I have heard about them and they bring up all kinds of good questions, but not my words.

eriktheawful - Can you point us to evidence which showed axis shifts taking thousands or millions of years?

Please read my post again, I said:

...a thousand years or thousands of years...

This estimate came from the computer simulation work that was featured on the documentary that I referenced in my original post.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you stop, take a breath, and look VERY carefully before you post again. Here is why:

First: I did NOT quote you because I was NOT talking to you. As you can see from my picture below, I was replying and quoting ATS member research3300......not you.

Second: you have created the above post misquoting me EVERY WHERE! Each and EVERYONE of the statements that you are saying I said......I did not say them. ATS Member research3300 is the one that made the statements that you are quoting in your above post.

Get your quotes correct please.

edit on 9-10-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join