It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift Data You Shouldn't Ignore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

We are in pole shift, two kinds of pole shift.

Then why is Polaris exactly where it is supposed to be when I set up my telescope?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
To all the naysayers insisting that it's the magnetic pole shifting, and not the geographic:

A few years back, I read a piece about the natives of Point Barrow, and they had a question. As long as anyone could remember, going back to the distant past, the sun had always risen the first time in the Spring on the same exact point on the horizon. Make sense? However, now the sun was not rising at the same point when it first appeared after the long winter's darkness. The people there live in a visually sparse locale, and are very keen observers as a result. I trust their report. They wanted someone to go up there and explain this to them. I knew immediately - it had to mean that the geographical pole had shifted. I can not imagine another explanation.

We are in pole shift, two kinds of pole shift.

If pole shift had put the native's measurements out, every astronomer whether professional or amateur on the planet would have had their measurements affected also. It sounds like a more local effect to me, for example, if there is volcanic activity in their area the ground can rise and fall. It can be subtle enough for people not to notice until they try to observe something familiar - like the sun rising. It would certainly mean that the sun wouldn't be where they expect it to be.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OK, Granted, Geology isn't my field, so bear with me.
I do understand that there is a "wobble" where the geographical/terrestrial pole changes over only a few meters through a cycle of ...I think it's 435 days or very close to that, but it does stay within a given range. I also understand that the magnetic pole has shifted before and will shift again and we may be on the verge of a fairly major shift of some sort.
Closer to my own field, I know that the electromagnetic poles are part of the earth's magnetic field that helps shield us from the sun's radiation.
I've read theories from many different sources, some suggesting it will be a minor pole shift, others suggesting it may be a total pole reversal. It's hard for us to predict what the outcome will be since the time period of recorded history is our frame of reference along with some geographical evidence, but only in the way that we've interpreted it.
There are theories upon theories about plate tectonics ranging from a Super Continent (most prominent at the moment) to tiny land masses converging.
What I wonder about is, with the magnetic pole shift as well as the rise in tectonic activity, could the two together also produce a geographical shift of some sort, perhaps throwing it off its "wobble", rectifiying the wobble or even changing the axis of rotation more than the few meters that are figured into the wobble?
I haven't done the elaborate research to discover this on my own and will look into it more over the summer, but would like to know what others may think or have found from their own research.
Is a geographical change a possibility or is it out of the question? Could this possible explain the glacier movements in a way other than major climate changes? Could Antartica have once been alone the equator instead of the geographic south pole? Could we have once been the geographic north, albeit millions of years ago long before any written history? Could those "lost civiliations" have been lost because they are now covered by ice when they were once tropical lands? Could the extreme jump in evolution be attributed to this, that some escaped by heading off in the right direction and ending up in tropical regions instead of suffering a very cold death?
I'm not at all saying this is the case, I'm merely asking whether it could be possible. I know it hasn't happened in our recorded history, or perhaps even while humans have inhabited the earth, but has it ever been the case? When the continents drifted apart, was the geographical North in the exact same place it is now and only the plates moved or was there more to it?
Thanks for keeping an open mind and considering it and offering up your own opinions and research to support or refute the ideas.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats
I have to post something to make a thread right? This is a very strange

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I skimmed through the thread,sorry.
But I didn't see this anywhere.
This is the position of the MAGNETIC north pole,not the physical one.

solarimg.org...
edit on 16-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I skimmed through the thread,sorry.
But I didn't see this anywhere.

solarimg.org...
edit on 16-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Great representation!
Magnetic correct? ...just making sure the geographic isn't "spreading out"... been wondering about the latter even though I realize it isn't likely.

*nevermind on the additional question, just saw your edit!

Very good representation on the movement of the magnetic though. It's interesting that it's spiral as opposed to linear...of course on a curved surface, that could be considered linear, but that's another non-Euclidian ball of wax
edit on 16-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So, in essence, we have a magnetic "wobble" as well as a terrestrial wobble, but the magnetic wobble is also expanding/traversing in its path.
... got some thinking and reading to do about a forming hypothesis!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That chart shows the movement of the rotational axis with what is called the Chandler Wobble. The axis moves a distance of about 30 meters in a 435 day cycle. Discovered in 1891.

The angles which characterize the direction of the rotational pole within the Earth are called the polar coordinates, x and y. Variation in these coordinates is called polar motion. The polar coordinates measure the position of the Earth's instantaneous pole of rotation in a reference frame which is defined by the adopted locations of terrestrial observatories.

www.usno.navy.mil...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So my thinking has been mislead all this time?
Guess I need to read a little closer cause I thought it was the magnetic pole.

Jeez,thanks for pointing out what a dumbass I can be sometimes.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

lol that is the most uneducated thing i have seen posted on ATS.
in a long long time roflmao!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

So during a pole shift does the earths crust shift or just magnetic north? If it's just magnetic north what is the significance of that and how does it impact the weather and earthquakes?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I wander what effect it will have on migratory animals such as ducks and geese, dolphins?
I assume there could be some problems with these type of animals migrating patterns?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

So during a pole shift does the earths crust shift or just magnetic north? If it's just magnetic north what is the significance of that and how does it impact the weather and earthquakes?

Well its the magnetic field that is moving and not the earth.........But as for the crust not moving is something most believe to be true. Now do i believe that.....NO.

Will it make more earthquakes in the future......yes because people forget that the plates have a magnetic polarity.

As for this causing changes in climate.......yes because the weather and jet stream are affected by magnetic fields.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Will it make more earthquakes in the future......yes because people forget that the plates have a magnetic polarity.

They do? But if they do, just how strong do you think the Earth's magnetic field is? A refrigerator magnet is more powerful than the Earth's field.

As for this causing changes in climate.......yes because the weather and jet stream are affected by magnetic fields.

They are? How? Does air have "magnetic polarity" too?

edit on 5/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

They do? But if they do, just how strong do you think the Earth's magnetic field is? A refrigerator magnet is more powerful than the Earth's field.

They are? How? Does air have "magnetic polarity" too?

edit on 5/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

For one how big is a refrigerator magnet compaired to the earth core?

And if you dont know your second question stop and do research.

i wonder what air and water have in common........hmmm

Some info to help explain

www.jonbarron.org...
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: water can be affected

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

For one how big is a refrigerator magnet compaired to the earth core?

Not very, but that doens't change the fact that the Earth's magnetic field is actually very weak. Are you saying that, because of the "magnetic polarity" of the plates (I'd like to hear more about that) a shift in the magnetic field would move them around?

i wonder what air and water have in common

Me too. But neither one seems to be affected much by magnetism.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
lets just say everyone should google "j-shaped underground shelter crop circles"and take it to heart,if you have dug and prepared a conventional bunker your time is short to fix the entrance.Good luck all,this will be one crazy ride,remember to read the shelter plans ,they are the way out,only nature can defeat nature head to head.

The pole shifts or whatever the name of the cyclical global continental or oceanic event is called happen regularly and are the reason we didnt have acess to the internet 500 yrs ago,most of our progress has come in mere hundreds of years,but we have obviously copied our tech from someone and if it wasnt originally produced here,then who cares where it was manufactured,the point is irrellevant,what is relevant is that we have it and it is real or a reality,so either it was originally concieved of and manifested by humans and we absolutely lost continuity of data about it or it was made somewhere else and we collected and copied it over and over until we got to where we are now.

I will tell you this ,there is an area that shows direct evidence of exactly this sequence of events and it will remain secret until the very end because if the rich powers that be dont already know and I am sure SOME do because i have seen evidence of them,entire towns that are million dollar homes ,lineing entire blocks,with no sign of life,no kids toys ,no cars,no boats or motorhomes,and homes in the place NEVER go up for sale.I have seen a huge outflux of personell from military billet towns ,numericly huge numbers percentage wise in another key area for the military.Subtle things most people wouldnt notice and even if they did would have no way to quantify.,All of the huge underground shelters globally ,the FEMA camps,the massive outflux of politicians and rich and powerful people,the aquisition of massive areas of real estate in specific event related safe areas worldwide,with no regard for current political preferences,al the power people are buying side by side,all buddies in the action.|We are in times of crisis my friends-the internet has forced total disclosure of incredible new realitys and there is a lot of reckoning to be done in the near future,and methinks the powers that be waited until they had most of us in a terminal position before they made their own final moves and started buying property in safe areas.They will experience no reckoning and if they survive they will be anonymous mingleing with the rest of us,we can only hope that there are tribunals but somehow I highly doubt it,seriously there are only a few million even able to go underground and if you realise most of the shelters will fail because of the water passing over them --then the actual number of survivors drops dramaticly to extinction levels,only the fact that survivors will be seperated by vast distances globally with no way to interact for generations will save humanity from extinction in one unlucky swoop ,we will need a few safe groups so a disease or another bad event dont wipe us all off the planet.This is a crisis as I said,there is no time for witchhunts or placeing blame for enableing suppression of data ,there is no time to spend a conventional amount of time debateing the comeing earth changes,there is quite enough circustantial evidence around to enable a decision to dig a j-shaped underground shelter.Good luck,and Universal Creator bless us all. See ya on the other side folks!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hell i was shocked too when i saw water being levitated by a strong magnetic field.

Honestly i don't believe it will affect as that much but if it does remember i said it

As for that thing on plates being affected by the magnetic field.... i am sticking to my belief that indeed it will.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I wonder if the fact that it is moving over water has something to do with the acceleration of the movement? It seems to pick up speed as it got into less landmass.Couldn't more or less of the earths crust have an effect somehow?

Was just a weird thought while I was reading and looking at the maps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join