It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift Data You Shouldn't Ignore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Originally posted by hp1229
What does all this mean to the temperature changes around the world ? Will north america become a more tropical place?
(Please say yes...
)

Many have noticed the recent increase in extreme weather:

It's Official: 2010 Deadliest Year In A Generation: Meteorologists
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 12/21/2010 @ 05:16 PM

2011 tops it:

2011 Has Had More Billion Dollar Weather Disasters Than Any Other Year On Record
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 12/18/2011 @ 03:23 PM

Yes. That's Adjusted For Inflation:

WASHINGTON -- America smashed the record for billion-dollar weather disasters this year with a deadly dozen -- and counting. With an almost biblical onslaught of twisters, floods, snow, drought and wildfire, the U.S. in 2011 has seen more weather catastrophes that caused at least $1 billion in damage than it did in all of the 1980s, even after the dollar figures from back then are adjusted for inflation.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration added two disasters to the list Wednesday, bringing the total to 12. The two are the Texas, New Mexico and Arizona wildfires and the mid-June tornadoes and severe weather.
NOAA uses $1 billion as a benchmark for the worst weather disasters.
www.nola.com...

Winter 2012- Most Extreme Configuration of the Jet Stream Ever Recorded
by burntheships
started on 1/18/2012 @ 03:50 PM

Confirmed by WMO: Extreme Weather Events Are An Increasing Trend
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 3/24/2012 @ 10:02 AM

The Pattern Of Disastrous Weather And Extreme Swings: Will It Get Worse In 2012?
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 3/22/2012 @ 06:52 AM

Here is a summary of the findings from the World Meteorological Organization confirming the fact that EXTREME WEATHER EVENTS ARE IN FACT INCREASING:

World Meteorological Organization Confirms Climate Change Accelerated In Past 10 Years; 2011 Was 11th Warmest On Record
By Miriam Raftery
eastcountymagazine.org...

Increasingly destructive tornadoes, floods and other indicators of global warming are also occuring with heightened frequency around the world. The new study found extreme weather events increased from 2001 to 2010 at an alarming rate consistent with global climate change. Worldwide, this included an increase in floods by 63%, drought 43%, heat waves 43%, heavy rain 43%, fires 25%, and tropical cyclones 24%.

Here is the source:

Source:
World Meteorological Organization Confirms Climate Change Accelerated In Past 10 Years; 2011 Was 11Th Warmest On Record
Press Release No. 943
Geneva, 23 March 2012 (WMO)
www.wmo.int...

WMO Statement On The Global Climate In 2011
www.wmo.int...

edit on 5/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

What kind of technology would be effected? Would it be life changing?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Ok so then that suggests that the core has changed its axis, or is being pulled towards something, abit like one of them compass, spinning wheel thing they used to have in ships way back. The old lion is turning its head I heard somewhere.

There may be something to that -

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says
By Kimberly Johnson
for National Geographic News
June 30, 2008

Rapid changes in the churning movement of Earth's liquid outer core are weakening the magnetic field in some regions of the planet's surface, a new study says.

"What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth's magnetic field," said study co-author Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen.

The findings suggest similarly quick changes are simultaneously occurring in the liquid metal, 1,900 miles (3,000 kilometers) below the surface, he said.

The swirling flow of molten iron and nickel around Earth's solid center triggers an electrical current, which generates the planet's magnetic field.

The study, published recently in Nature Geoscience, modeled Earth's magnetic field using nine years of highly accurate satellite data.

Flip-Flop

Fluctuations in the magnetic field have occurred in several far-flung regions of Earth, the researchers found.

In 2003 scientists found pronounced changes in the magnetic field in the Australasian region. In 2004, however, the changes were focused on Southern Africa.

The changes "may suggest the possibility of an upcoming reversal of the geomagnetic field," said study co-author Mioara Mandea, a scientist at the German Research Centre for Geosciences in Potsdam.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Many have noticed the recent increase in extreme weather:

And the overwhelming majority of meteorologists and climatologists attribute it to global warming, not geo-magnetic field changes.
edit on 16-5-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

What kind of technology would be effected? Would it be life changing?

Electricity would become undependable unless power transmission lines and step transformers were properly shielded. This would be life changing in that it would be enormously expensive to retrofit the grid. Radio communications would become unreliable. Telephone and internet traffic would need to be carried by lasers over fiber optic cables.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thank you for taking the time to answer me... Just one more that I can think of..... Would all this happen suddenly or gradually? For example, since the poles have been wandering for some time already, but it's just speeding up now, does that mean some of the difficulties with these technologies that we have from time to time could be caused by the poles shifting? And maybe we could start seeing more? Or are you saying we'd only have those problems if a very large shift were to occur suddenly? Again, thank you.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Interesting. As we pass the galactic rift/plane( centre) of the galaxy maybe this would cause the the core to change its axis. Always pointing towards the centre. As we go down past the centre it begins to tilt up and vice versa. Just passing the centre would cause it to shift north or south. The galactic plane is huge and would take yrs to pass through. As we bob up and down, I think our polls always point at he same spot, like a gyro wheel, causing them to wonder.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

...the overwhelming majority of meteorologists and climatologists attribute it [the recent increase in extreme weather] to global warming, not geo-magnetic field changes.
edit on 16-5-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

What percentage of meteorologists and climatologists attribute the recent increase in extreme weather to global warming and not to geo-magnetic field changes?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to answer me... Just one more that I can think of..... Would all this happen suddenly or gradually? For example, since the poles have been wandering for some time already, but it's just speeding up now, does that mean some of the difficulties with these technologies that we have from time to time could be caused by the poles shifting? And maybe we could start seeing more? Or are you saying we'd only have those problems if a very large shift were to occur suddenly? Again, thank you.

Suddenly, in geological terms. Probably a matter of decades. Despite some posters' attempts to sow panic, it will probably be gradual enough a process to adapt. There has been speculation that the strength of the Earth's geo-magnetic field has been waning recently, and some theories that it might be linked to the strength of the net charge of the region of space the Solar System is moving through. No hard, established facts as of yet.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What percentage of meteorologists and climatologists attribute the recent increase in extreme weather to global warming and not to geo-magnetic field changes?

I can't think of a single one who doesn't. Can you?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yeah but what effects would/will it have on our world? Any? Effects on people? I am woefully uneducated on this topic.

The geo-magnetic pole is constantly wandering. Its only real effect is on navigation; one must offset the compass readings on maps. It is believed that the geo-magnetic field weakens and reverses every 450,000 years or so. This might result in a bit of extra radiation from the solar wind, but it does not cause mass extinctions. If such a reversal were to happen now, it would be disruptive of our technology, but since much information is carried on fiber optic cables, it would not be too difficult to work around.

That is without a doubt will be addressed (Navigation Systems) which rely on the magnetic poles. I do recollect the signs on one of the airport in Tampa Florida had to be changed to reflect just that (i'm sure other airports prolly addressed the same).

I am only trying to contemplate the impact and work involving the navigational systems for Militaries around the world and its impact to the Guidance systems for Missiles and/or other weapons sytems and the amount of work that will be generated to re-calibrate (systems and/or equipments) that realy on the magnetic poles
Surely this would also include the GPS systems and Satellites deployed by all the countries

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thankyou for the links and response. I have read few articles but I can always use additional wealth of information. BTW how is the real estate market in AA, Michigan?
My wife owns a 2 bedroom condo off Carpentar Rd which she has rented for now but would love to get rid of it

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Outside of Helium, which is clearly agenda driven, the only source cited that connects the geo-magnetic field with weather and climate is Knudsen and Riisger's study, which supports Svensmark's cosmic ray theory. It suggests that as the magnetic field diminishes, increased cosmic rays would lead to increased precipitation. That is a completely different issue than routine wandering.

Majority of the information outlets on the web has an agenda (including NASA).
However it makes sense and I agree that increased precipitation due to increased cosmic rays heating up the earth's atmoshphere might lead to droughts and/or massive rain storms (flooding as a result).

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Q: "What percentage of meteorologists and climatologists attribute the recent increase in extreme weather to global warming and not to geo-magnetic field changes?"

I can't think of a single one who doesn't. Can you?

Your answer is both zero... and greater than zero simultaneously.

And the overwhelming majority of meteorologists and climatologists attribute it to global warming, not geo-magnetic field changes.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

100% is an overwhelming majority, don't you think?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Outside of Helium, which is clearly agenda driven, the only source cited that connects the geo-magnetic field with weather and climate is Knudsen and Riisger's study, which supports Svensmark's cosmic ray theory. It suggests that as the magnetic field diminishes, increased cosmic rays would lead to increased precipitation. That is a completely different issue than routine wandering.

I am aware of the Danish study. I posted a link to it here:

No need to regurgitate information I have already posted.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

100% is an overwhelming majority, don't you think?

I would have to see data that supports your score-keeping in order to be persuaded to agree with your statement.

edit on 5/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I am aware of the Danish study. I posted a link to it here:

No need to regurgitate information I have already posted.

Yes, I know you are aware of the Danish study, I was responding to your post. Please address the fact that it was the only citation you provided that even tangentially suggests a linkage between climate and the geo-magnetic field.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I would have to see data that supports your score-keeping in order to agree with your statement.

What is your problem? The topic of this thread isn't global warming.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I would have to see data that supports your score-keeping in order to agree with your statement.

What is your problem? The topic of this thread isn't global warming.

The topic of this thread is Pole Shift Data You Shouldn't Ignore. The topic you have chosen for discussion is:

"Climate Change Is Not Affected By Changes In The Earth's Magnetic Field"

You may wish to start a thread devoted to that topic. Meanwhile, I will continue to promote the idea that climate change is affected by changes in the Earth's magnetic field. I have connected the two subjects in this thread, and I'm running with it.

Do you want to continue to fight about it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join