It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Big brother' lamp posts can hear, see and bark 'Obey!' at you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I first saw this sort of thing in the movie The Fifth Element, in one of the airport scenes. The posts had cameras, could speak, and even sported guns. It was funny in the movie, but only in the movie.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here is my thread:
Talking Surveillance Cameras Coming to U.S. Streets

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glad you've gotten some interest here! I think it's crazy and especially how big -big brother has become ....But even Goliath's can come down....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Land of the free...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Am I the only one that thinks $3k per post seems cheap? Not a fan of being watched all the time. Nothing to hide so why should I be subjected to monitoring? I really dont think things will last long unless theyre bulletproof.

They are probably made in China or India....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The Fifth Element also had aliens who built the pyramids and engineered human beings, and also had a Nibiru-like object threatening Earth... You know what they say about Hollywood predictive mind-programming... Just saying.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
And the US/Earth just gets worst and worst. I do have a solution that can solve all of our problems, I mentioned it in another thread but I cant make my own until I have like 20 post things. So until then people hang on Hope is coming...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ah yes the "if you haven't done anything wrong you've got nothing to worry about" crowd is here in full force.

So when absolute tyranny is here and you voice your displeasure about the state of things and the government to your friend while walking down the road you'll have nothing to worry about will you?

Oh that will never happen you say? Well it already has happened many times in many places throughout the last century. Tyranny is quite common in this world. And your guarantees that "it" can't happen here do little to relieve me of my "paranoia", especially when so many of you are willing to make excuses for a government wanting to spy on everyone. This country is ripe for the picking ...

You think the chance of tyranny here in the USA is so remote that you'll "worry about that when it happens." I've got news for you. When it happens you will worry ... and it will be too late ...

Or maybe some of you think your safe because you work for them ... all I have to say is read history and good luck with that ... your leash is even shorter than ours ...

edit on 17-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

See how you like it when the government decides to do thought crimes then they haul you away. To me, you sound like a sheep and trusts the government, open your eyes and see what is happening. Our freedoms are being taken away. It is a matter of time before people get taken away for saying stuff against the policies from the president or any government official. People like you make me sick and there sheepish behavior, I hear a lot of bah bah bah from you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here's how I feel about it.... if I see a drone flying around me I'm going to give it two big middle fingers while wearing my riot mask. if I walk by a camera and it yells obey at me, I'm going to go get a really big ladder, climb the poll and slap the ISH right out of its plastic face and yell I know you wasn't talkin to me! (while wearing my riot mask).

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Originally posted by MegaMind
Oh that will never happen you say? Well it already has happened many times in many places throughout the last century. Tyranny is quite common in this world. And your guarantees that "it" can't happen here do little to relieve me of my "paranoia", especially when so many of you are willing to make excuses for a government wanting to spy on everyone. This country is ripe for the picking ...

Great post.

I still don't know how people can be so blind to the past. "Things like that will never happen again!" they say, and just laugh it off.

What they forget is the fact that history tends to repeat itself...

edit on 18-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wonder what people will say once a drone crashes into an apartment complex, and kills several people. Then will people stand up and demand "Big Brother" to stop? I think not......the sheeple will continue to let all of our freedoms dissapear.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
England is full of CCTV but the people are scared of going outside because surveillance does not work without enforcement from an efficient police force

You could get raped and murdered in front of a CCTV camera, and nothing would be done. Link arms with half a dozen friends, however, singing and smoking joints, and you'll have a SWAT team respond in under a minute.

The police know what the real threats are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join