It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The National" Runs Peak Oil Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The CBC's flagship news broadcast "The National" ran a story last night explaining the reality of peak oil.

You can view the broadcast with Real Player here: www.cbc.ca...

The National's website address is www.cbc.ca... in case you want to view it after tonight's broadcast and it is archived.

The story starts around 12 minutes 30 seconds into the broadcast. (Sorry the segments are not broken up.)

Also of note on last night's broadcast is the story of the North Koreans seeking refuge at the Canadian Embassy in China and the loss of Montreal's Major League Baseball team. I also found the story on the US Presidential Debates very well done.

The reality of Peak Oil has gone mainstream in Canada. Anywhere else?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the link.

I actually found the story at about 4 1/2 minutes into the broadcast.
PJ

[edit on 30-9-2004 by PlainJane]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The phrase "peak oil" was not once used in that segment, and the segment wasn't about running out of oil. It was about political and outside forces that drive up the cost of oil. I'm sure every country's nightly news have been running stories about that lately, they're have been a couple in America I've seen.

If it was about peak oil they would have been discussing life without plastic instead of increased plastic prices.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He did mention the fact that demand is outstripping supply and Saudi is running full bore, with a very small cushion to pick up the slack of the other countries.

I think this is a good way to introduce Peak Oil to the masses, no need to scare the crap out of ppl immediately. Let them get used to demand outstripping supply, THEN introduce the fact that the supply may never meet demand ever again.

We need solutions, not people acting irrationally.

But, thats just my take on things.

PJ

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlainJane
I think this is a good way to introduce Peak Oil to the masses, no need to scare the crap out of ppl immediately. Let them get used to demand outstripping supply, THEN introduce the fact that the supply may never meet demand ever again.

Exactly!

The CBC often has a deft touch on this sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
this is for anyone talking about peak oil in the recent news. Check the business section, oil compnay stocks are dropping. If we had hit peak oil, the insiders would know, and the price of the stock would go up

new topics

top topics

join