It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Thought I Disproved The Infinite Universe Concept But...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ok, so for a long time, I just always had an open mind about the universe being an infinite expanse. With an infinite universe, everything is not only possible but it is a space/time eventuality. Meaning if the universe is infinite, then everything exists and infinite amounts. Infinite yous, infinite mes, infinite Earths, etc.

So I thought about how to prove or disprove it and the idea came when I was reading about "Quantum Jumping" which is a hypothesis where you can basically learn from another you somewhere in the universe and somehow benefit from it. That got me thinking.

So I said, out loud "I am requesting to anybody out there who can hear me to appear right in front of me and shake my hand right now". Of course nobody came which means the universe in, in fact, finite. Because if it were infinite, there would be somebody, somewhere, who would have heard me and had the means and will to appear in front of me since all possibilities exist. So there, I debunked it.

But... then I blew my own mind days later while I was smugly telling my wife the above logic-fu. I thought, ' Wait a minute... if the universe is truly infinite, then there would be a world where it would be impossible for people to just appear out of thin air and... this might be one of them. Crap.'

So, alas, it can still neither be proven nor disproven.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i do the same thing sometimes. i realized the universe was infinite when i realized it didnt exist outside but in. but it also exist out but in is where it really is. thats the paradox
edit on 15-5-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Its infinite, and there are infinite universes, infinite Beyond the universes, Infinite Progression, infinite clips in the roll of film of each moment of our lives, and there is no time so its all at once.

Someone could shake you r hand, to prove it, but that would depend on your Higher Self, and your Contract or Lessons that you came in with, and what you were meant to do, and how much we get to see under the veil. I've been shown and experienced quite a bit, and am so grateful for any time the curtain raises, but lots and lots of no's, or are they not yets???? My own Greater Soul treats me like a mushroom, shows me I do astrally project at night, by a few different experiences, but not allowed to do it consciously. There are permissions, we don't get things right when we want them and not sure get everything we want either.

When someone nudged me to look really deeply into infinity, and I sudenly reached within, my Higher/Future Self greeted me and then I just kept having these downloads.

Very interesting OP by the way. Starred and flagged.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
just because you have the will to walk up a wall does not mean you can.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Ok, so for a long time, I just always had an open mind about the universe being an infinite expanse. With an infinite universe, everything is not only possible but it is a space/time eventuality. Meaning if the universe is infinite, then everything exists and infinite amounts. Infinite yous, infinite mes, infinite Earths, etc.

So I thought about how to prove or disprove it and the idea came when I was reading about "Quantum Jumping" which is a hypothesis where you can basically learn from another you somewhere in the universe and somehow benefit from it. That got me thinking.

So I said, out loud "I am requesting to anybody out there who can hear me to appear right in front of me and shake my hand right now". Of course nobody came which means the universe in, in fact, finite. Because if it were infinite, there would be somebody, somewhere, who would have heard me and had the means and will to appear in front of me since all possibilities exist. So there, I debunked it.

But... then I blew my own mind days later while I was smugly telling my wife the above logic-fu. I thought, ' Wait a minute... if the universe is truly infinite, then there would be a world where it would be impossible for people to just appear out of thin air and... this might be one of them. Crap.'

So, alas, it can still neither be proven nor disproven.

They all heard you but they were making love or their hands were to greasy from eating bodacious burgers.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Dear Cuervo,

What if the universe were ultimate possibility rather than ultimate reality? All things are possible up until reality happens. Our current state of reality was preceded by many coincidences, intents and personalities. Many things could have happened; but, in the end reality is and was what happened. The fact that things could have happened differently does not mean that in another universe they did happen differently. The universe is infinite and we don't know what it will do next, that is up to all of us. Peace. By the way, you just got a star.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Cuervo

Dear Cuervo,

What if the universe were ultimate possibility rather than ultimate reality? All things are possible up until reality happens. Our current state of reality was preceded by many coincidences, intents and personalities. Many things could have happened; but, in the end reality is and was what happened. The fact that things could have happened differently does not mean that in another universe they did happen differently. The universe is infinite and we don't know what it will do next, that is up to all of us. Peace. By the way, you just got a star.

But infinite size would, by decree of space/time inevitability, would really mean infinite reality and not just possibility. When anything at all is infinite, that forces infinite realities. And because of the problems that poses, an infinite universe would be pure chaos and probably kill itself.

What you are saying about reality versus possibility would apply if the universe were near-infinite.

I subscribe to the Holomovement physics model over Newtonian physics so I do believe in infinite expanses but I don't believe they are here in our physical universe. So... the other side could be infinite but not this side. Or not.

Woah... try this one on: If the universe was infinite and had infinite realities, then one of those realities would be one of a finite universe. Man, I need to go watch RoboCop so I don't keep thinking about this tonight.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It seems to me that the universe would have to be infinite in order to keep continuously existing. If it was finite then there would be a way for it to die.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
just because you have the will to walk up a wall does not mean you can.

But somewhere there would be a 'you' that could. And somewhere there would even be a god who would grant you that power just because you asked nicely. Therefore, I'm leaning towards "finite".

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
It seems to me that the universe would have to be infinite in order to keep continuously existing. If it was finite then there would be a way for it to die.

How do you know there's not a way for it to die?

Our little millisecond on the cosmic time clock is but a spec so it seems like it's a really long time but, really, the big bang until now could just be a tiny spec on some larger cosmic time clock that is much older than our universe.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ah see... now you are getting into "rules". Rules are the one thing that could change the mathematical reality of "infinite universe = infinite realities". When you put a ghost in the universal machine that supersedes all in a Deus Ex Machina fashion, then there is no reasoning. Again, my own beliefs in physics mutilates my experiment just as badly as your version does.

A trump card in an infinite universe, as you suggest, is something I can't wrap my mind around yet. In a finite universe, sure... but not an endless one.

Cool thoughts, man.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

So does infinite universe mean that there is most definitely a God(s)??

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Think about it this way.
You are made up of so many individual atoms.
You had some when you were conceived,
You accumulated more as you grew. When you stop growing you start to loose some.
When you die it takes a very very long time to put you back together EXACTLY as you are now thinking about it. When that full circle of infinity completes you will then shake hands (in a way) with yourself.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snausage
reply to post by cuervo

So does infinite universe mean that there is most definitely a God(s)??

That's a great question. I would guess that it would. It would fall into the realm of infinite possibilities. It would even mean there would be at least one god that could create "rules" like what was being discussed about halfway down the page so it would bring in that maddening paradox again.

Argh.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by cuervo

Think about it this way.
You are made up of so many individual atoms.
You had some when you were conceived,
You accumulated more as you grew. When you stop growing you start to loose some.
When you die it takes a very very long time to put you back together EXACTLY as you are now thinking about it. When that full circle of infinity completes you will then shake hands (in a way) with yourself.

What an incredibly beautiful way to think about that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Well the rules are from the Creators, Big Bang, was the infinite inwards Set being turned on. For those, one has to study the school and cosmos and do some deep thinking and go within, we have the answers within, and some things don't get lifted, but other times the veil does.

But basically the other part isn't rules its components of infinity. It infintie, in variety, person/place/thing just forever and ever onwards, and it can no measurements so no time, its not linear. Its fascinating.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cuervo

Originally posted by Nurelic

How do you know there's not a way for it to die?

Well, energy exists in the universe and just by viewing how things work here on Earth, nothing actually dies, it just gets recycled back into the Earth. So if the universe comes to an "end", then the energy of our universe would get recycled into that larger time clock like you mentioned.

Or so it would seem...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Space must be infinite if it where to end what would be outside it, nothing which is a vacuum which is still something though it is nothing, if you think of the number pi it is infinite it doesn't end, the smallest unit in the number is 1 digit 0-9 since it's infinite all digits must repeat then the next largest unit is 2 digits which there are 100 different possibilities all of then bound to repeat if it is infinite and this would continue until infinity but with no defined pattern but still everything must repeat eventually, now think about space it will never end just like pie and based on there are only a certain amount of building blocks to matter so there is a finite yet large amount of combinations which exponentially increases the larger area you take into account , all combinations must replete at a undefined time or location so in distance it might be infinite but if there are an infinite amount of the same things repeating infinitely does that really mean it's infinite? If you have 2 of the exact same thing there the same not different so if there are a finite amount of possibilities that could be everywhere, so if 2 things are exactly the same are they the same location? Depends on your frame of reference so space doesn't end but the possibilities would -sorry if a lot of thought are scattered I'm not the best writer hate English am only 14 - a reply to: Cuervo

new topics

top topics

join