It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Outer and the Inner Freemasons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

I have found that the search for enlightenment has nothing at all to do with degree or association with Scottish/Youk rite, but with the individual's diligent pursuit of more knowledge. (of for those who know, more light)

I was delighted to become a 32nd degree mason, but I did so before I really knew what masonry was all about. It only let me start paying dues to another side order a few years earlier. But now that I at least know what it means to be a mason, I have found my place in the groups in which I participate in. In other words, rank means nothing, while understanding means everything. (IMHO)

And just to be sure not to exclude any groups, the search for light does not need masonry or any other group or title, it only needs a question.
edit on 17-5-2012 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus is a beer hoarder. A crime of the highest level. Justice must be served!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

edit on 17-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey

most of the masons that dissappear move up beyond free masonry it it true that free masonry only goes to 33 degrees and when you move up from 33 degree mason you are nolonger a free mason but one step closer to enlightenment

The Scottish Rite of Masonry has 33 degrees. Other Rites of Masonry have different numbers. Enlightenment is the whole point of the Masonic system: you do not cease being a Mason by attaining it....instead, you become a true one.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Enlightenment is the whole point of the Masonic system: you do not cease being a Mason by attaining it....instead, you become a true one.

Would that be in the sense of;

A- Enlightenment A philosophical movement of the 18th century that emphasized the use of reason to scrutinize previously accepted doctrines and traditions and that brought about many humanitarian reforms

or

B=Buddhism & Hinduism A blessed state in which the individual transcends desire and suffering and attains Nirvana

I'd assume the former, but just to avoid any confusion...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Very interesting thread here. Pinocchio, your replies are always outstanding and I find myself reading them multiple times instead of the standard scan and scroll.

About "inner" and "outer"...where have you been for the last 300 years? This fact has been readily apparent and widely written about since Jon Robinson wrote his telling tome. Read where Manly Hall talks about "inner and outer Rosicrucian order". There is a good reason why the Illuminati in their day were an "outgrowth of freemasonry". Edgar Cayce calls them the sons of Belial and the Bible calls them the synagogue of Satan. John Dee knew and wrote about these secret practices.

I know that the power of the pyramid lies not in the capstone but in all the blocks that support it. This is why there are so many good masons who do good things and why America and most other western countries owe so much to its order. It just seems kinda like a pyramid scam at times. OP said he was happy to have finally started paying his dues to a concurrent body. This is on top of the thousands of dollars that is ultimately spent to become degree 32. Aren't you guys afraid that as "outer" masons you are just tithing members to those who wish to separate themselves from you?

As a response to Pinocchio, you should always try to do good things and if you see somebody's life in peril, help them. But also if you see the grand hail sign and there is no life threatening dangerous situation present, chances are you're gonna get yourself wrapped up in some serious # by involving yourself and while you will make strong allies you have to ask yourself do I want this man's enemies coming after me?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

. OP said he was happy to have finally started paying his dues to a concurrent body. This is on top of the thousands of dollars that is ultimately spent to become degree 32.

Thousands of dollars to become a 32nd degree SR Mason ? Hardly , I paid a total of $200.00 . $100.00 for the degrees and $100.00 for the 14th degree ring and black cap . I could have saved $100.00 if I chose not to purchase the ring and cap .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere

. OP said he was happy to have finally started paying his dues to a concurrent body. This is on top of the thousands of dollars that is ultimately spent to become degree 32.

Thousands of dollars to become a 32nd degree SR Mason ? Hardly , I paid a total of $200.00 . $100.00 for the degrees and $100.00 for the 14th degree ring and black cap . I could have saved $100.00 if I chose not to purchase the ring and cap .

Well, I have seen membership petition forms that ask for much more money than this.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I would love to see these SR petitions that ask for "thousands of dollars" because I am curious as to how this hurts/helps their membership . I know our valley would be hurting as no one would be willing to pay that much .

I paid more to become a York Rite Mason and we did not receive anything other than the degrees , no ring , no cap , nothing .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Well, I have seen membership petition forms that ask for much more money than this.

I seriously doubt that. Initiation dues are standard and set by each council (Northern and Southern) and are never more than $200.

edit on 19-5-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link