It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

voter registration changed without my knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
today is election day in the state of oregon. (u.s.a.) i opened my voter packet and to my surprise, i was issued a democratic ballot.

i was going to vote for ron paul in the primaries. but i am not eligible to do so because i am, for reasons unknown, a registered democrat.

i have always been a registered republican. though i vote to candidate's positions on issues that are important to me. i don't vote "party lines."

i donated to ron paul's campaign. and now i'm a registered democrat.

has anyone else experienced this?
is this just a computer glitch that i should just brush off?
or dare i say, a "conspiracy" against ron paul supporters?

-subfab

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You should be able to do a Stat dec to get it changed.
That sounds like typical voting shenanigans. You should be able to put whomever you want. Go get a state dec (post) present it to the the good people at the voters booth and request a form for the party you know you are going for.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There's no voter fraud. None at all. Move along, nothing to see here.

Hope you get it worked out. But it sounds like someone has your ID. You might want to check out your SS#, while you're at it.

/TOA

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Some states have closed primaries, meaning if you are registered as a Democrat you cannot vote for the republican nominee.

Oregon is sadly one of these states. So is my state. I changed my affiliation (not from Dem) just so I could vote in the Republican primary..

As for your party switching, I really wouldn't be surprised if it happened "accidentally on purpose." As the poster above me said it seems like your run of the mill American Democracy.

You can definitely get it changed back but it will by then be too late to do anything about it. Convenient, no?

You should ask other voters and people in your area if they experienced the same thing. Might be worth calling or writing a local newspaper to ask if they've heard similar reports and to report your own experience. Seems super fishy to me..

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
There's no voter fraud. None at all. Move along, nothing to see here.

Hope you get it worked out. But it sounds like someone has your ID. You might want to check out your SS#, while you're at it.

/TOA

yes i agree,

if indeed my voter registration was changed by someone, then that someone has all my identification.
my address
my social security number
my driver license number

chances are that this is merely a computer glitch. but i can't help but wonder.

-subfab

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Sounds like you got "Acorned" !!

They will try all tricks to elude.

How could a computer "glitch" Possibly make That kind of "mistake"

Definitely a Liberal vote fraud trick imo.

Their theory is simple:
"Throw enough acorns on the ground and you'll get dozens of squirrels every time !"

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I got issued an "updated voter card" when I didn't need one. I guess it is a regular update but with that I can see the possibility of information getting screwed up. I chalk it up to computer error as well but I wear a tin foil hat so I do find it fishy.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I haven't voted for 6 years since leaving the US but took an interest this year in voting after finding out it doesn't take huge amount of paperwork to vote from overseas. When I checked my voting status, I found out I was Democrat. I could have sworn that I was a registered Republican and the more I think about it, I was Republican.

This reminds me of the time, when I was in High School and the College Republicans from the local University past out Voter Registration to the Social Studies classes and about a quarter or more of the registrations had Republican already checked. At the time, I was volunteering for the DNC, I was able to get a hold on the evidence, and reported it to the proper authorities.

top topics

join