posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
reply to post by TheOneElectric
Geeze never considered myslef as an elder however what i have learned in this short life thus far is
1. Alway stay in touch with friends
2. Despite market crashes from time to time unless you are going to sock money away in your mattress invest in a Roth IRA and as soon as you start
accumlating some steady income get involved in other areas of financial planning. Don't rely on one retirement plan to keep you a float.
3. Surround yourself quite simply with successful people..ditch the negative friends as they will inevitably not celebrate in your accomplishments and
at your age you already have a good idea on who's got their act together.
4. Religion although important to some may not be to others...but remember the importance of Karma and that's pretty tough if you are looking to
become a lawyer...(that was for the elder reference)
5. Don't hold a grudge...accept your faults
6. Don't get upset when people do not rise to your level of expectation as everyone works on a different gear
7. Don't wait to have children in your late thirties...under 32 is ideal as you want to be around with them as long as you can...I wish I had my two
children at an earlier age..
8. Try to do one good dead a week with the expectation of not being thanked or acknowledged
9. Always find time for your friends and don't let a male or female partner get in the way of your friends...love can be great but don't neglect
10. Get off facebook if you are going into areas of law
11. Realize that some people are just the way they are and you can't fix that
12. Find the best in folks you will eventually work with and make their qualities (work ethics) your own