It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Analyst: "We Could Have Prevented 9/11"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

NSA Analyst: "We Could Have Prevented 9/11"

www.huffingtonpost.com

Thomas Drake, a brilliant intelligence analyst, software engineer, and IT management consultant, worked at the CIA in the 1980s, then as a contractor at the National Security Agency (NSA), and ultimately as an NSA senior executive in 2001. But from 2006 until July 2011, he became the government's and NSA's public enemy.

Why? From his high-level perch at NSA, he saw the failure to act on intelligence that might have prevented the 9/11 attacks, and he saw corruption at the highest levels.

So he blew the whistle. Four times, from the fall of 2001 through 2004.

Once to both the House an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The NSA looking to protect themselves and perhaps using the info they had about Al-queda to empower themselves.In my view the Intelligence Community looked the other way while they were getting warnings from all over the place because it benefited them.No matter where you stand on the issue it seems that there is more to these "screw ups." then just incompetence and inter-agency rivalries.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If they knew 9/11 was gonna happen and they let it, they are as guilty as the hijackers. They need to be shot between the eyes in public and skinned live on national TV.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
richard clarke agrees

I'm tellin ya, they will get away with it as long as people keep chasing missiles and controlled demo theories

this thread will go 2 pages max

sad

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Of course they could of prevented 9-11. Just coerce a few people into some bomb plots and terrorist acts, tighten security and regulations, rinse and repeat as needed. Oh wait........That's the FBIThe NSA was never going to prevent 9-11 any more than any other agency. It was beneficial for all involved.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If you care about an "authority" figure supporting the "we could have prevented" type theory then look
no higher than Condi Rice....."She told a Senate committee that the U.S. never thought about terrorist using a commercial plane to crash into a building" Do you believe she was not aware of the training exercise that day?
...She was either lying....or was having a Sara Palin moment........9/11 was NOT an event that the U.S. government never conceived of being possible.....believe anything you want after that......but Condi said what she said and you can find it probably somewhere on Youtube.

By the way....This will go more than 2 pages because every 9/11 thread brings out the partisans like sharks to chum.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Great info, but it doesn't take a national security analyst to know the attack could have been prevented. Condi Rice presented the president during his daily briefs that "bin Laden determined to strike within USA ", which with 20/20 hindsight appears to be where they cooked up the Osama chicken feed.

This topic has been around, many threads discussed it. It doesn't need to be buried, but through ignoring they facts, it has been.

All the agencies had to do was listen to each other, even foreign intelligence sources warned of an attack. The US government allowed it to occur, just look over the air defense drills being conducted before and during the attack. Air traffic controllers didn't know if it was real or apart of the drill.

Just put all the pieces of the puzzle together, and any one can see the bigger picture.
edit on 15-5-2012 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"We could have stopped 9/11, but look at all the fruits it gave us(TPTB)!!!"

People are easily fooled, but I can't seem to do it that well. I need to get a uniform.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yeah,I am aware of how these threads go,y'all but I feel it was important to post this.Little by little we are getting a clearer picture of just what the intelligence community was doing before 9/11.Hearing Rice's denials is pitiful as were the others.I agree that it was a drill that was flipped live.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
richard clarke agrees

I'm tellin ya, they will get away with it as long as people keep chasing missiles and controlled demo theories

this thread will go 2 pages max

sad

Sounds like wishful thinking on your part?? This is evidence that the rat excrement posing as human beings are turning on themselves. The SHTF with this story. There was no way the 911 inside job was going to escape the tenticles of the NSA.

The conspirators, were so exceedingly arrogant that they thought they could get to the handful of people at the top and prevent any leaks. When leaks occurred, they resorted to the tradition of accusing the honorable people and destroying careers. There is no more powerful weapon amongst this lustful generation that the threat of poverty and public disgrace especially in a town built on reputations.

What will come out first is the fact that the NSA intercepted intelligence directly implicating the conspirators both here and inside Israel. Once the fan blades sling that skata all over the place, the investigation will begin in earnest. Then we shall see the tormentors disgracefully turning on each other pushing one another off the ever shrinking cliff in an imbecilic attempt to avoid their fate.

The truth of missiles and controlled demolition shall be revealed. The proverbial toothpaste has left the tube, buddy. I wonder how quickly the mass exodus of ATS and GLP shall begin? I say its time to put the popcorn in the microwave and pull up a chair.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
the way i see this

hind sight's a b*
edit on 16-5-2012 by rktspc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is what I'm fighting against. This naive and romantic notion that people have about their intelligence agencies and the government administration. Forget about it people...no truth if it is unconvinient will come from them.

This is why I don't get people who trust what authorities tell them. It is a game of agendas and private interests. And the public interest always...comes last.

Great find OP. We gotta remember this.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Here is little more info on the guy....

Tom Drake

Drake took his concerns through official channels – including senior NSA management and two 9/11 congressional investigations. His concerns were ignored.

This is what happens when you go through "proper" channels I hear so much about. This is how you deter all future whistle blowers. And people ask..."how come nobody is coming forward if there are conspiracies?"...check what they did to him...to come forward with inside info means sacrificing your future, and maybe of those who you love. So please do.....come clean.
edit on 16-5-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Story like this undermines the security appartus which has developed since 2001. My guess is that's the biggest threat.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

Since english is not my first language....I hope you didn't imply that this man is traitor to the cause? And you feel he shouldn't have done this?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
These are the same intelligence groups that missed the collapse of the Soviet Union and insisted that Iraq had WMD

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
never trust anyone from the gov....but anyway...

RELEASE THE PENTAGON TAPES...thats all i have to say about "preventing" something
edit on 16-5-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It is starting to unravel... Abe Lincoln... Can't fool all the people all the time..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kovenov
reply to post by mike dangerously

Story like this undermines the security appartus which has developed since 2001. My guess is that's the biggest threat.

Hardly. This will go largely unnoticed by the Main Stream Media, especially since even on HuffPo it was in the blogs section.

There have been quite a few Washington insiders and government officials who have spoken in front of congress only to have their security credentials pulled for this, but the stories never got much attention except with people like us.
edit on 5/16/2012 by Anonymous404 because: typo.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They "could" have prevented it from happening...

But how would the get the Patriot Act passed?
How would they get all the security measures in place?
Or how then could they scare the public into complacency?
Times before that infamous day were borderline good.
Now...everyone is a terrorist or scared beyond imagination.

Sure....a decade passes and now they "could" have prevented it?!
Bollocks. They wanted a calamity to push their agenda and they created one.

Now it's up to us to prove it was an inside job....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join