It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Watson Of The Sea Shephard Has Been Arrested In Germany

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Secondly how would you know if the whales are not facing extinction? I am not aware of any conclusive research in this area.

Then you have not spent much time researching the topic.

Paul Watson encourages his followers to make up facts and data if needed to support their argument, is that what you are trying to do here?

No conclusive cetacean studies?

edit on 16-5-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

YOU MEAN GREEN PEACE AND THEIR COUNTER PARTS LIEEEEEE!!!! I'm shocked!!

Zindo

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Domo1

Can you cite some examples where he has endangered other people's lives?

Easily. Although this show is stupid and these people are idiots, they quite frequently use a tactic whereby they throw glass jars containing a chemical at the Japanese boats. Were one of those to hit someone on the boat in the head, and that person fell down, hitting his head on a piece of metal, and he died, that is the essence of contributory negligence and probably manslaughter.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

All they have to do is stop whaling. It's the friggin' 21st century, we don't need whales for food.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Secondly how would you know if the whales are not facing extinction? I am not aware of any conclusive research in this area.

Paul Watson encourages his followers to make up facts and data if needed to support their argument, is that what you are trying to do here?

If you think he is lying, then why would he and his followers make the time/effort/money to go down all the way to antartica to stop whaling? Because he is crazy?

I am sure there must be lots of *pie in the sky* figures to put down greenpeace.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Because this whole "ends justifty the means" mentality thats why.....

Just like whats being posted all over this thread......

You guys deny deny deny, that anyone is being put in danger over this whole thing, even when evidence is provided to you.....

But its ok, people want to "champion" something........

People want to try and have that "moral" high ground.....

Your soap box, doesnt justify endangerment........not of the crew, and not of the whaling ships......

I find a lot of you on here are against any type of "terrorism" unless its your own cause......

Then all bets are off......ram them, throw things at them, disable their ships so they cannot maneuver, put lives at risk......

Im sure if the tables are ever turned on you , when someone doesnt agree with what you are doing, youll cry foul......

This Captain should never be allowed step foot on a ship again......not only for his tactics, but for endangering the lives of his OWN crew.......that he is responsible for........intentionally........for an agenda.....

i believe there is a law about that is their not? (not a sailor)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Seriously....
I bet people would go ape# if some anti combustion engine nutcase started ramming people on the highway with their hybrid, especially if it was your property damaged by said nutcase. Now multiply that by many times over, boats are not cheap. That's a lot of someone else's money being jeapordized, not to mention lives, but who cares, they are evil whalers..... They deserve it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Of course there is some risk in what Paul Watson is doing. I never denied that!

What I don't like is people blowing the risk factor out of porportion to give the japanese a free pass to continue depleting the oceans of marine life. If Paul Watson was not doing it, then someone else would......

Just because the japanese refused to sign the international treaty does not make them any less guilty. They are exploiting loopholes of the law for profit. Twenty years from now when whales go extinct are we going to think much of these technicalities OR the failure to act??

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

If you think he is lying, then why would he and his followers make the time/effort/money to go down all the way to antartica to stop whaling? Because he is crazy?

I am sure there must be lots of *pie in the sky* figures to put down greenpeace.

From the horses mouth....

In “Earthforce!,” Watson advises readers to make up facts and figures when they need to, and to deliver them to reporters confidently...

Neptune’s Navy

For the record, we are talking about Sea Shepherd not Greenpeace.

Greenpeace does not support Sea Shepherd and speak out against their behaviour quite often...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Of course there is some risk in what Paul Watson is doing. I never denied that!

What I don't like is people blowing the risk factor out of porportion to give the japanese a free pass to continue depleting the oceans of marine life. If Paul Watson was not doing it, then someone else would......

Just because the japanese refused to sign the international treaty does not make them any less guilty. They are exploiting loopholes of the law for profit. Twenty years from now when whales go extinct are we going to think much of these technicalities OR the failure to act??

It has nothing to do with giving them a free pass........

you dont press your belief system on them by acts of violence, thats terrorism.......look it up...

2. Its not blown out of proportion......its REAL danger..........

its also REAL danger to his crew, and he needs to be held accountable for that, yes they volunteer, but its HIS responsibility as captain to NOT put them in harms way.......

Theres a dif between Failure to act, and doing it a dif way..........there are other ways to go about it, other then eco terrorism........people need to stop with this mentality that its the only way......

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You know how we're always looking for intelligent life in outer space? All we need to do is look to our oceans and interact with the cetaceans to know alternate intelligence in space.

All the guys against Paul and his tactics would HATE my ideas on how I'd handle the various whaling endeavors about the world. Paul's litte games of chicken would seem like kind banter if I had the coin to build a 21st century fleet.

When comparing actual worth, there are billions of humans and far fewer cetaceans. The many perish before teh few.

Derek

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Dude. Are you not the same person who denies global warming along with Neo? I see you on EVERY anti-enviromentalist thread here on ats and think it is quite shameful. You only think one way and think it is the right way. Right way as in the Koch Brother way!

Now go ahead and cry me a river about Paul Watson supposedly endangering his crew, while giving the japanese a free pass to continue "doing research" with 600-1000 whales being killed annually. If that is not hypocritical of people like you, then I guess nothing is. When the japanese get arrested for braking the law then we can discuss any Sea Shepard misdoings.

I am done in this thread cause its getting mighty stupid!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm with the person who said if they won the lottery they'd be doing this too. Absolutely. I wouldn't be sitting on a beach in Bermuda, I'd be buying an army and a fleet and taking back some of what's been stolen from us and the rest of this planet by ridiculous human greed, ignorance, and evil.

If we're not willing to fight for what's right we're going to lose it all, and yes die. In my opinion the life of one whale is worth the lives of 10 idiot humans willing to kill them for food or "research".

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
In my opinion the life of one whale is worth the lives of 10 idiot humans willing to kill them for food or "research".

Do you feel the same about pigs, chickens and cows?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Calling Watson a Captain is entirely too generous.
Slack jawed yokel is a more accurate description.

Whenever they pan over to the guy on the bridge.
His mouth is open and he has this vacant look on his face.
I can't stand him.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The biggest irony of it is this:

All that footage from the show Whale Wars, both the episodes and the unshown stuff, it's all evidence against him in a court of law. There was four seasons with a fifth one in the works, so that's at least a hundred hours of video against him, not to mention all the stuff that hasn't been shown.

So I really can't see him winning his freedom.

edit on 16-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Dude. Are you not the same person who denies global warming along with Neo? I see you on EVERY anti-enviromentalist thread here on ats and think it is quite shameful. You only think one way and think it is the right way. Right way as in the Koch Brother way!

First of all, thats off topic and has nothing to do with the thread........

2nd nope never denied Global Warming........shows right there that you fail to comprehend what you read, and if youve seen them THAT many times, you should be able to "get it" by now.....

3. Arent you just displaying the SAME thing you accuse me of doing? "my way or the highway" ? By calling others STUPID because they dont go along with your line of thinking?

Hypocritical much?

Now go ahead and cry me a river about Paul Watson supposedly endangering his crew, while giving the japanese a free pass to continue "doing research" with 600-1000 whales being killed annually. If that is not hypocritical of people like you, then I guess nothing is. When the japanese get arrested for braking the law then we can discuss any Sea Shepard misdoings. I am done in this thread cause its getting mighty stupid!

Ok so if people dont agree with you that its ok to commit acts of bio terror and be distructive against these japanese whalers..........then they are stupid? and we are giving them a free pass?

Wow ok, so people who dont agree with you are just stupid.........

Well i guess that pretty much lets us know how well your arguments have worked , and your mindset......

NOT putting people in danger, is NOT doing nothing.........reckless endangerment is never an answer.......
edit on 16-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm with the person who said if they won the lottery they'd be doing this too. Absolutely. I wouldn't be sitting on a beach in Bermuda, I'd be buying an army and a fleet and taking back some of what's been stolen from us and the rest of this planet by ridiculous human greed, ignorance, and evil.

If we're not willing to fight for what's right we're going to lose it all, and yes die. In my opinion the life of one whale is worth the lives of 10 idiot humans willing to kill them for food or "research".

Congratulations.....your ideologies pigeon hole you as a terrorist!

As soon as you make the step the glorify one above another......you are no better than a suicide bomber.

If one whale saved 1000 human lives, would your balance scales register that as just?

Conundrum Scenario....

An Islamic whale walks into an Dolphin run Israeli bus depot with a bomb strapped to itself......
j/k

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I am done in this thread cause its getting mighty stupid!

I been reading your attempts to break the ice between some peoples ears on here. I must commend you for hanging in during their gangland style stomping on your posts. Good Job!

They dislike his looks, his tactics, his mission. Everything about him it seems is reason to scoff at what he represents. You know the message for the messenger? Little said about that. Or the primary culprits (the whalers), who little yield to anything but direct action. I see that Paul proved that quite well. The only move I saw that had any effect whatsoever on "research" on whales in the Antarctic was to sail down there and block the factory ships slipway. Period.

Which worked by the way, and the only thing harmed in that action was the coffers of the Japanese whaling industry. They didn't make any money that season. And not only did not one Japanese school child starve the entire year, but a thousand whales went on to feed, frolic and make baby whales unhindered by greedy men.

And all you environmentalist haters here can go home tonight and chop down a tree in your backyard or shoot some birds off the wires to get some payback. Maybe change the oil in your off road attack vehicle and pour it down the sewer.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh great!

So would you fight people who break the law, or would your army and navy be more concerned with attacking people who don't fit your moral views? If the former, then get up off you ass on that bermuda beach and start fighting coz there's law breakers everywhere, I'm sure there's plenty of 'ridiculous human greed, ignorance, and evil' in bermuda too so you shouldn't have to look far for some people to attack.

edit on 16-5-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join