It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Reason for Government Denial? See inside for my thought.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Maybe the reason why the government denies ufo, e.t's etc., is because revealing the truth might make some of the crazier people of our society (like the Palins, Santorums, your brother-in-law etc.) urge war against the aliens.

In other words, the government might be thinking "Why risk triggering an intergalactic war? Why rock the boat?"
edit on 15-5-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
While TPTB tend to like the usefulness of war, I don't think any of them would suggest a war on E.T. unless said E.T. was in a first strike/invasion position to begin with. Logic would dictate, even to the simplest of people, we would be unable to win any such war.

Having said that, unless E.T. just showed up on the day we learn of them, they better just get to steppin'. They had their chance to help out here or offer passage off this rock yet did neither. Their inaction is just as much to blame for our problems as our action in creating them.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is possible that revealing aliens would set off a chain of events that noone can forsee, eventually ending up in war.

It is also possible that that the government thinks in just this way.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

Anything is possible. I can imagine many scenarios that would lead to wars. I just don't think that TPTB are covering up E.T existence to prevent war. No matter what the issue, TPTB cover things up so they can either maintain power/control/superiority, or gain it. Hiding the existence of E.T.'s is in their best interest, not ours.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I think its more likely that they believe if they admit that there are aliens then it means they're admitting to not being the most powerful beings in our region...
If they're not the most powerful in our region, then they're not in control.
If they're not in control, they lose allegiance.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Thats also a good point!

People would flock to aliens for leadership......

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Exactly. They would have nothing to gain and everything to lose. There would be a complete reformation of society which would result in the loss of power and control by TPTB, at least as they have had until this point. New power technologies and infrastructure would lead to new government and redistribution of power to a more global society.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There are multiple reasons on why they would not disclose information.
for keeping their own power and control.

But i would say it also could be because they want to prevent chaos and anarchy.
If in mainstream media images would appear that even would suggest without a reasonable doubt that E.T. 's would exist people would get their guns and start "protecting " themselves.
Other people would commit suicide because the end of time has come.
For all I can see there are E.T's and the government and Hollywood is preparing us for disclosure in the last decades.

Some government secrets are secrets because people could not handle the truth but that again some secrets are secrets because they want to keep power and control.
I guess we will see how things work out, the way this country and others are conducting business and killing this planet is going to end any day now.
Because of no food or water or because of the smack down of the economic system.
That system is already falling apart as we all can clearly see.

Something is happening, I can feel it, see it and in the morning after going to the toilet I can even smell it.
It wont be long now.

edit on 15-5-2012 by cayote because: crossed my T's and dotted my I's

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think a big possibility is that they have done things that are absolutely illegal if not down right inhuman.(no pun intended) I also think we should start looking at the possibility of taking down names of every goverment/military official that denies any knowledge of aliens contacting us or taking beings dead or alive and their crafts for any purposes. When and if the day comes we can prove we are not alone we can go back and hold these folks responsible for their actions especially if they are responsible for any crimes or actions that have negative effects on the human race, such as starting a intergalactic war we can't win.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

If Aliens do indeed exist and are in contact with Government big-wigs, I would then suspect that those in-the-know covet their lofty secret and the power that comes with it.

From a market standpoint, aliens being a 'commodity', and a rare one at that, it make sense to people that already are well versed in keeping a tight fist on their wallets to also keep a tight fist on the Alien goodies.

Rarely, if ever will anyone in any capacity of power abdicate or share that power for the greater good so long as they can get away with keeping it all to themselves with no one the wiser.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

One of the main reasons given, by some, for keeping quiet about ET visitation is so as not to panic society. They then quote The Brookings Report and sit back like they've just won the case.

There are two big problems with this scenario, the first is that all the denial in the world wouldn't be enough to conceal them. The Native Americans could hardly have *ignored* their way out of interacting with the Europeans. The second problem is based in the number of countries on the planet. Sure, the US *might* decide to say nothing, but would the other 180 countries? And let's remember that in the past 60 years, a lot of these 180+ nations have been at each other's throats! Not only that, the Intelligence community spies on itself and agents are turned regularly.

Based on what I've read, it's plausible that the US and UK of the late 1940s suspected the interaction of Folk from Elsewhere. Foreign technology was the biggest suspect, closely followed by extra-terrestrial visitors. They studied the small number of reports and interviewed the military witnesses. Unfortunately, despite some of the investigators believing their claimants, there was nothing more they could do. UFOs don't follow straight-lines from A to B like commercial aircraft. They appear in one place and vanish from sight.

The legend 'no direct threat to National Security' was borne in those days.

It's full of truthiness and what else could be said? As long as the 'saucers' were elusive and aberrant, nobody could say what the threat level was. No *direct* threat would have to do.

The questions that intrigue me revolve around what would make an Intelligence choose to remain so wilfully and artfully elusive?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Or, you know, there is no evidence of aliens, so there's nothing to admit to.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I would have thought that the real reason that the governments of the world deny the existance of alien life, is not because they fear civil disobedience and intergalactic war, but because they fear the reaction of the majority to the fact that they have been lied to for decades on the issue.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You need to think outside the western world for this
Yes America / the west MAY be ready to know but as some one stated we still have our crazies

But you see what happens for example in fundamental Islamic countries and regions ( just one example that many can get a hold on - not an attack on Muslims )
2004 a returning afghan that had been educated in England returned to his village, told them man had walked on the moon - and subsequently got beheaded !
We cannot keep imposing our values or scociaty across the human race as a whole

Before you could fully reveal ET, you would firstly have to have control of the populous to prevent events like this on a much larger grander scale

And it has been speculated that this is a part of the reasoning behind many events in the ME and other places

NWO/one world government ?!?
Maybe it's needed
Maybe it's required by ET
How would ET reveal themselves and engage in diplomatic relations with a race that is as fragmented and socially separated as us with 200 countries dozens of faiths dozens of organisations and alliances that can't agree on much at all
Id like to think we are ready - but again that's just my western slant on it

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The questions that intrigue me revolve around what would make an Intelligence choose to remain so wilfully and artfully elusive?

Furthermore to remain elusive enough to avoid identification, but not elusive enough to remain completely invisible

Almost like Columbus reaching the Americas but just sailing up the coast, in full view of the natives, and never making landfall

(Ignoring the fact that he was sailing to the East Indies but accidentally got stuck in the Bahamas)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe the question really comes down to "When talking to potential high-profile whistleblowers, what do CIA people use as a convincing argument that society is better off not knowing?"

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Well thats not true.

John Callahan, former FAA official, has radar video etc.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Well thats not true.

John Callahan, former FAA official, has radar video etc.

So an advanced alien race is advanced enough to travel here from lightyears away, which is way beyond our technological abilities, but can't evade radar, which we can easilly do?

If you want to keep drinking the kool-aid go for it. There is no evidence, and John Callahan would be proof of an unidentified object, not aliens.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Any good student of ufology has eventually had to wrestle with those very questions.

at least I know that I have.quite often.It is pretty much unavoidable while pondering the different aspects of the UFO reports/Abductions.

The way I see it,you are left with two main conclusions. (simplified,short versions)

1.) The non-human intelligence that is interacting with abductees/piloting craft - is malevolent and/or deceptive in nature and has no desire to be understood,discovered or seen.

( any actual visual sightings are purely coincidental experiences of being at the right place,at the right time- or any number of variables ex: cloaking/de-cloaking or possibly a psyop/psychological fear/superiority representation targeted towards the witness(s) to induce fear/inferiority. in other words they just do not care,they have nothing to fear .)

2.) The beings are either benevolent or neutral - they follow a strict order of non-interference with a lesser,evolving species.sightings and/or encounters are purely accidental unless it is a free choice of invitation by the witness.

This brings up so many questions without answers,tends to contradict the 'non-interference protocol' angle as well
Unless there are a rogue group of E.T.'s/non-human intelligences that are breaking universal/galactic law by interfering with another evolving species through physical contact,abductions,telepathic communication etc.

I admit there are a lot of variables and questions that remain unanswered with the the two points of view that I outlined.Then again when you are dealing with an enigma such as ufology,it is to be expected.

I tend to side with Jacues Valle's theories and conclusions,I do have my own ideas and theories but Vallee makes a great starting off point for the experienced UFO researcher/enthusiast and the uninitiated a like

Anyone who is stuck on nuts & bolts invaders from Mars needs to reevaluate their conclusions.In my humble opinion.Just a word to the wise.

Made some good points Kandinsky.

ETA: I would like to offer another angle to why governments refuse disclosure -

1.) They might be keeping the information secret of the UFO's/beings because they are just as much in the dark about the origins,capability and intentions of the beings/craft as we are.
Or
2.) They know the beings are malevolent,in control and incredibly more advanced than we are.Disclosing this information to the public is not only futile but would cause mass panic and confusion.
edit on 16-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join