It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. gov't launches zombie preparedness campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Government of BC
www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca...

links to this page with all the hazards etc...relatively new page, i've never seen it before.
www.getprepared.gc.ca...

"Canadians should also be aware that other hazards can trigger emergencies that may affect them. These emergencies could be bomb threats, chemical spills or infectious disease outbreaks."

Article/source 1
www.google.com...

Article/source 2
news.nationalpost.com...

If you're in Canada this summer, and you don't want to die, then listen up. If you're ready for a zombie attack, then you're ready for just about anything.

That's the message British Columbia is sending its citizens and tourists in a website it launched this week, which provides tips on about how to prepare for a fake zombie apocalypse.

from first glance it seems the government is trying to make surviving something catastrophic fun.
they mention strange viruses.

but mostly it's to get people aware of disaster potentials.
so why the zombie metaphor? which essentially means people going crazy.

this is the first video of an apparent 5 from the government

if you keep at least a half-tank of gas in your car at all times, you'll be better prepared to evacuate in the event of a wildfire or tsunami – not to mention a brain-chewing zombie infestation.

most of us here know that the CDC did the same thing about a year ago (www.cdc.gov...)
so why a continuation of the zombie apocolypse hype for survival scenario when we could simply prepare for earthquakes etc..?

are they anticipating people to do something?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

from the google link -AFP: Tips for fighting zombies

The campaign is fake of course, but the website and its message about safety is not.
Emergency Info BC is using the faux preparedness tips to promote readiness for natural catastrophes which could strike the region.

"While the chance of zombies a-knockin' on your door is pretty slim, we do believe that if you're ready for zombies, you're ready for any disaster," the website said.
Its campaign is like a "blog about surviving a zombie attack" and is meant to be completely "fictional."

People living in BC, like me, need to be prepared for natural disasters like Tsunamis and Earthquakes. We also get floods and wicked Forest Fires so it's just about encouraging people to be prepared.
edit on 15-5-2012 by knoledgeispower because: correction

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

from the google link -AFP: Tips for fighting zombies

The campaign is fake of course, but the website and its message about safety is not.
Emergency Info BC is using the faux preparedness tips to promote readiness for natural catastrophes which could strike the region.

"While the chance of zombies a-knockin' on your door is pretty slim, we do believe that if you're ready for zombies, you're ready for any disaster," the website said.
Its campaign is like a "blog about surviving a zombie attack" and is meant to be completely "fictional."

People living in BC, like me, need to be prepared for natural disasters like Tsunamis and Earthquakes. We also get floods and wicked Forest Fires so it's just about encouraging people to be prepared.
edit on 15-5-2012 by knoledgeispower because: correction

yes at face value that is what it is sure. I live in BC as well.

so then what am I supposed to do in case of a fire, tsunami or earthquake?
it doesn't actually say.

which leaves me questioning why they don't just come out with an Earthquake preparedness plan?
why the human element? when this is supposed to be about naturally caused disasters..

or when the CDC did virtually the same thing already? as if we don't notice these things.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

"If you're in Canada this summer, and you don't want to die, then listen up. If you're ready for a zombie attack, then you're ready for just about anything."

That was always my justification when preparing my family in accordance to the Zombie Survival Guide. My wife thought I was crazy until I said exactly that: "If our home and family are ready for a zombie apocalypse, we'll be ready for just about anything"

I fully endorse their line of thinking.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
At the root of that revised campaign is probably a growing threat from a certain country's radiation releases which, if worse comes to worse, will create plenty of zombies to go around especially on the west coast of north America. There will be little difference between the typical zombie and those seriously effected by the very possible liklihood of nuke fallout.

Just watch, the US will follow suit in some indirect way also.
Home Depot even will probably have a special on duct tape.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Let us say that the CDC or some such agency starts to talking about weapons or the best ways to stop a zombie. Right now all they are really saying is grab your stuff and run. But if they start to talk combat tactics then that changes every thing. So I am saying it is just a gimmick until if and when they start to do just that.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Any way to make disaster-preparedness fun, is good in my book. This is just proof that Canada is where I truly want to be, but instead I'm on the opposite end of North America.

Shucks that was an interesting watch

It looks like someone from Vancouver smoked some reefer, and got productive.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

in the past they BC Gov has talked about what you need to do in the case of an emergency. Where to go, supplies you need, etc. There are still a wide variety of people who are unprepared.
You basically should be ready for anything so I can see why they went for the humor spin on the emergency preparation level.

Anonymous404: you are right, prob too much reefer

new topics

top topics

join