It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Balloons Become Part of the Afghanistan Landscape, Stirring Unease

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

In 1607, on the Chesapeake Bay.

The CIA was not formed in 1607. Whoever created the terrorist training bases in the USA, the funding, all needs to be invaded in a full style military intervention with carpet bombing and then when that happens, we can rebuild schools and teach them arabic and Islam after the fact

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Which wars? For instance the 1991 gulf war in Iraq which the US was itching to get into and they have Hussein weapons and encouraged him to invade Kuwait so that they could use an excuse to go in.

There seems to be a 10 year gap in your "justification". You might want to see to that, see if you can close that gap, as I did specify "which wars were ongoing" to be retaliated for, So you contend that OBL made the hit on the behalf of Saddam Hussein? An interesting theory, and one that could justify the Iraq invasion that I've always been against. Please, tell me more...

The numerous US bases that are occupying THEIR holy land.

That's reaching, because A) the bases were not attacked, a bunch of clerks in an office building were, and B) the Saudis, who permitted those bases, were not attacked. There seems a bug in your logic there.

The biased US support for Israel which allows killing of palestenian muslims which the rest of the muslim countires see. This makes them hate the USA, and this was also a motivating factor for the 9/11 attacks.

Hmm... more odd logic. So instead of erasing little bitty Israel, they decided to bite a gob off of a much larger country instead, which gob was sure to choke them? Sure, uhhh,,, that makes, uhh... sense... perhaps you should see a doctor? You seem not to be feeling well.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

10 year gap

Do you know how many people the sanctions killed after the hot war was officially over? Just because the bullets stop flying does not mean that the war ended dude.

Also it has been a 10 year gap since 9/11. Are you justifying still attacking Afghanistan after a 10 year gap?

So you contend that OBL made the hit on the behalf of Saddam Hussein?

No I do not contend that. I am saying that OBL made the hit because of US wars on muslim countries; no matter who is ruling them.
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:20:58 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

That's reaching, because A) the bases were not attacked, a bunch of clerks in an office building were, and B) the Saudis, who permitted those bases, were not attacked. There seems a bug in your logic there.

The retaliation attack for 9/11 was symbolic; they wanted to attack a mighty symbol of the USA and they did it.

OBL himself has stated that US interference was the prime motive. Do you want transcripts of his statement?
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:22:53 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

So instead of erasing little bitty Israel, they decided to bite a gob off of a much larger country instead

Who is backing Israel? The USA. They wanted to go the source of the evil to make a statement. Attacking Israel would not have done them any good.
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:24:15 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:27:43 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Bin laden was working for the CIA.

No, he wasn't.

Remember he was funded by the CIA in the 1980s did you forget that?

No, he wasn't.

We gave him the weapons and training to plan those attacks.

No, we didn't.

You do realise you are denying proven facts? I mean, ATS will end up meaning, Anything That Smells.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No, he's not the only one around here - but YOU are not one at all. I'd thank you to stop pretending you are. It's clear and evident from your rants that you know not whereof you speak, and would certainly be embarrassing to you if you had so much as a clue about it.

Prove I am 'not one at all' You know nothing about me little boy. You need to stop assuming.

It's not assumption. It is written into every single line you type. YOU prove it yourself, with every word you utter. You are not one at all. Those folks know each other on sight, because of shared experience and common ground. They know posers as well, such as yourself.

You can now go tell your mamma that you've just been cyber-slapped by a "little boy". She'll be so proud of you.

I'll bet dollars - or riyals, if you prefer - against donuts that you aren't "sat balls deep in" mud the consistency of chocolate mousse in a ditch. Wanna win that bet?

Riyals? Is that your currency? In America we use Dollars little boy.

I see you freely admit to never having been around the block, nor ever having left your comfort zone. This is what I mean when I say you prove it yourself. The change in my pocket has seen more of the world than you, and appears to even KNOW more of the world than you. Yet here you stand, attempting to lecture those who DO know.

You may consider that another bitch-slap from a "little boy" if it makes you feel better.

edit on 2012/5/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's not assumption. It is written into every single line you type. YOU prove it yourself,

You made the accusation, therefore it is up to you to prove it. Prove it is written into every single line.

You are not one at all.

Prove it, once again little boy you are assuming

You can now go tell your mamma that you've just been cyber-slapped by a "little boy". She'll be so proud of you.

Oh boy here come the 'mamma' side diversions. Once again assuming. With talk like that i am going to assume that you are still being breastfed lol

I see you freely admit to never having been around the block

I never admitted to not being around the block. I know what a riyal is, we just dont use it here or wherever I may be. Ive been around the block more times than I have been around your mother (since you brought up the mamma situation)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Support that claim - cite the relevant laws that make it "illegal". Otherwise, you're just trying to blow smoke up someone's ass.

It is illegal because you just don't go around and killing innocent people; it is a moral law; oh wait I thought we in the USA where the moral high horse?

I always thought that "patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels". I see now that I was in error thinking that, It appears that an appeal to some vague "moral law" is their last refuge when they realize they have no real legal legs to stand on.

Whose "moral law"? see, that is why law depends on codification - so the vagaries are eliminated.

ETA: You also seem not to be defining "innocents" in the same way I do. Going by your post history, any Muslim is an "innocent" by default. I don't see it that way - no one gets a free pass because of their religion. Wrong is wrong, and sometimes folks get exploded for engaging in it.

Bummer, eh?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Actually the poles are taken from the people by the people
The results are simply gathered from village elders , imams, regional native liaisons and the like - not by Isaf troops
Aswell as at the polling booths but let's not let an opinion get in the way of the truth

With regards to the reconstruction - we know what they want , we asked them !!!
Food, irrigation, schools, health care, the removal of legacy mines and uxo's, roads, recreation like sport facilities
Kindly refer to the stats I've already posted - if they didn't want it why is there such high demand
I've never seen children marched to school ar gun point
I didnt see anyone forced to vote
Never had a complaint for building a well
Never had a complaint about setting up field hospitals
I have however had many complaints that it's not being done fast enough or that there isn't enough protection from insurgent fighters !
THEY DON'T WANT INSURGENTS OR THE TALIBAN
Except a small minority
The Taliban is all but gone the problem remains with insurgent fighters who either do it for money, glory, power or are simply disillusioned because they are poorly informed
Much like yourself
I don't have the figures with me but the percentage of afghanis involved in is an extreamly small percentage - its mainly foreign fighters
Admitadly some afghanis do get involved - what's known as your $10 Taliban
A farmer gets $10 to lean a rocket pointing at a camp and set a timer
This is more often than not caused by subversion, intimidation and the use of 'night letters'

Hence the asking for more protection from the villages to Isaf
This is where balloons come in handy

I have even lived with former mujahideen in afghan and had many discussions about this, their comments are always the same
No to the Taliban

Purple
I agree people do just want to live and let live how ever under the talibans rule that was not permitted

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So you are saying that murder is OK? No wonder your behaving like such, and no wonder the Afghanis want murderers out of their country (if that is where you are)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

The results are simply gathered from village elders , imams, regional native liaisons and the like - not by Isaf troops

Who can be shot by ISAF troops if the election or poll results don't go their way. Out comes the poll: Oh wait their is still support for the taliban here...kill them all, take poll again. 'Thats better'

With regards to the reconstruction - we know what they want , we asked them !!!

They did not ask for you to ask them.

You went in their guns blazing and then asked them what they want? Of course they will say anything to make you happy cause you have the damn guns.

Even if that is what they wanted, how about go in business suits.

Never had a complaint for building a well Never had a complaint about setting up field hospitals

People generally don't complain to an occupying army that has guns and will kill them.
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:38:04 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:40:09 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Mop-up. It's called mop-up. If you don't clean the spill, someone else might slip in it as well. The spill itself is not the end aim of any but vandals.

Well then according to them 9/11 was a mop up in retaliation for US interference in the middle east.

fair enough - but it's pretty easy to see just who got slapped with the big mop!

Care to try again? We'll be waiting....

... with our mops in hand.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well we are still there; the USA (most powerful country in the world) fighting one of the weakest and poorest countries in the world with no formal military..and now Obama wants us to stay till 2024...We are going to need a bigger mop.

We'll be waiting....

there is no more waiting, we are already their with our mop (military for the newcomers) and are continuously fighting.

Afghanistan will never be won dude, we may have gotten rid of the taliban, but that is not why we are there
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:44:13 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:45:26 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

WHICH war is it you are alleging that the US "started" here? careful where you tread - there may be a mine in that question.

I already answered that question above. The USA is engaged in a war against Muslim countries in the middle east directly or indirectly prior to 9/11.

Another example of the war: Lebanon 1982-1984
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:15:31 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

You said before because iof the Iraq War in 1991. Now you go back ANOTHER ten years, and claim the Lebanese civil war as a justification!

It sure takes a long time for you guys to get your asses in gear, doesn't it? No wonder you've struggled to win a war against anyone else since Martel turned you back at Tours!

You're beginning to tread MY turf. I can name a few Americans who were involved in the Lebanese Civil War during that time period, but none in an official capacity. None of them went on to work in the WTC, either.

maybe if you guys could sort your targets out a bit better?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You said before because iof the Iraq War in 1991. Now you go back ANOTHER ten years, and claim the Lebanese civil war as a justification!

I am just telling you from what we know that OBL/Aq said was the prime motivation for the attacks.

It sure takes a long time for you guys to get your asses in gear, doesn't it? No wonder you've struggled to win a war against anyone else since Martel turned you back at Tours!

Well they are terrorists so they don't actually have a real military dude...Struggled to win a war? Just like how the US is struggling for 10 years in Afghanistan? LOL

maybe if you guys could sort your targets out a bit better?

Tell that to our drones who have killed numerous innocents. Maybe the hiroshima or nagasaki bomb could better sort targets? And don't call me 'you guys' I am an American and have nothing related with them.
edit on 013131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 13:03:34 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

They BOUGHT their training. We "gave" them nothing.

Oh, guess you forgot THAT!

But the US is still responsible for training the 9/11 terrorists therefore we should invade the terrorist training bases here in the USA.

They did. the TSA and various federal agencies have already wrapped that up. "The USA" is not responsible, the various trainers are. THEY took the money for it, and provided the training. None of the rest of us have sheltered them for that.

Whatever sort of "professional" you may be, it is not an Intelligence Professional. You are misusing the term "blowback" in the same manner as the MSM uses it, and distinctly separate from the intel community usage. That tells me precisely where you get your info.

I get my information from Michael Scheuer who was the top CIA OBL hunter. Where do you get your information from?

tell Mike to drop me an e-mail about the matter. He already has access to my address. I would like to discuss this "top CIA OBL hunter" claim with him, any how.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

They did. the TSA and various federal agencies have already wrapped that up. "The USA" is not responsible, the various trainers are. THEY took the money for it, and provided the training. None of the rest of us have sheltered them for that.

Just as Afghanistan is not responsible for the various OBL/Aq trainers. They have been sheltered, why are they not in Gitmo for training terrorists? Why havent we droned them?

tell Mike to drop me an e-mail about the matter. He already has my address. I would like to discuss this "top CIA OBL hunter" claim with him, any how.

He is probably too busy with the likes of us, if you want to get a hold of him you've got his information. He actually has a few books out. You should read them and you will understand.

Whoa wait a minute ar you disputing the fact that he was one of the top CIA OBL hunters?
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:55:09 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

In 1607, on the Chesapeake Bay.

The CIA was not formed in 1607. Whoever created the terrorist training bases in the USA, the funding, all needs to be invaded in a full style military intervention with carpet bombing and then when that happens, we can rebuild schools and teach them arabic and Islam after the fact

No one said they were. You said "invade the homeland", and that was when it happened. try to pay attention and follow along as best you can.

I already know Arabic and Islam, so I have a leg up. Go 'head and start trying to carpet bomb, whenever you feel froggy.

Lan astaslem.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well they got us once already on 9/11...bet they felt real froggy then.. Are you happy about that? Those 3000 people died and boy it sure is an interesting way to die by forcing people to jump off a 100 story building to their own deaths... Sure cost a lot less than a carpet bombing, only cost a few box cutters, them mofos are efficient

No one said they were. You said "invade the homeland", and that was when it happened. try to pay attention and follow along as best you can.

I said invade the homeland because of the terrorist training bases eg CIA, the flight training. None of those were formed in 1607. Therefore there was no reason to invade in 1607. There is a justification now for the invasion. Plus I would not be surprised if the US military turned on itself right now. Even panetta does not trust his own troops he is making them all disarm before he speaks to them
edit on 013131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 13:04:27 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Dude you really are a bit of a dick aren't you
You talk hypothetical made up presumed OPINIONS
Where as I state facts
You sir are a brain washed zombie that regardless of intelligent insightfull debate refuse to listen or take into account the statements of those that know more than you
Instead you create hypothetical scenarios in your attempt to look knowledgeable and correct spinning truths and facts to suit yourself, your point and to push whatever agenda you have
But must admit your imagination is quite vivid

Truth - your not interested in the truth just your own self glorification

A challenge peeps
He has stated where he is and what he does in another thread somewheres
Alas I lack the bandwidth or download speeds to search
Any takers

Infact it's because of people like yourself that we are still there
The lies propaganda and the spinning of truth just helps in the recruitment of insurgents
Thanks for getting me sent there
Thanks for keeping me there
edit on 17-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

10 year gap

Do you know how many people the sanctions killed after the hot war was officially over? Just because the bullets stop flying does not mean that the war ended dude.

Also it has been a 10 year gap since 9/11. Are you justifying still attacking Afghanistan after a 10 year gap?

You should stick to counting beans, or whatever it is you are a "professional" at. War is obviously not it, nor is simple logic. There was a 2 month gap, during which everything was in active ramp-up, between 9/11 and the beginning of the Afghan assault. 10 years getting your ribbons in order seems a bit much, especially compared to the logistics of that vs. your logistics needed for the 9/11 "retaliation".

Yup, it's ok to keep the pressure on, because it didn't take us 10 or 20 years to get our knickers unwadded and get down to business.

So you contend that OBL made the hit on the behalf of Saddam Hussein?

No I do not contend that. I am saying that OBL made the hit because of US wars on muslim countries; no matter who is ruling them.

But Saddam Hussein was the ONLY justification you could think of at that point, so it's clear that you believe OBL attacked on behalf of Hussein. Furthermore, Iraq was a secular country, which happened to have Muslims living there, not a "Muslim country" in the same sens as Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan.

By that logic, the US is a "Muslim country" because we have Muslims living here, too.

So is the UK, and nearly every other country on Earth. There seems to be a flaw in that logic.

The retaliation attack for 9/11 was symbolic; they wanted to attack a mighty symbol of the USA and they did it.

OBL himself has stated that US interference was the prime motive. Do you want transcripts of his statement?

Thanks, but i already have all the transcripts - including the one where he offered to stop the war if the US would convert, agree to Sharia, and for those unwilling to convert, admit their subjugation by paying the jizyah. based upon that one, it seems that his motivation was conquest, not revenge, and it turned out poorly for him.

Would YOU like the transcript?

So instead of erasing little bitty Israel, they decided to bite a gob off of a much larger country instead

Who is backing Israel? The USA. They wanted to go the source of the evil to make a statement. Attacking Israel would not have done them any good.

Nor will it ever do them any good, but that's another argument.

That rationale makes perfect sense - to a madman. I know that if Timmy gives ME a pop in the yap, I always retaliate by smacking Hubert in the gob instead of Timmy. makes PERFECT sense!

Timmy will then see the error of his ways, because Hubert pounds me into bug dust!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join