It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Balloons Become Part of the Afghanistan Landscape, Stirring Unease

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

90% or 80% I was not trying to dice hairs.. Have a look at the history of protests in Afghanistan against the occupation. If they wanted you there you would not getting garnished with flowers instead of sucide bombers.

People are people the world over and really just want the same as everyone else. To be left alone in peace to live there lifes...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by nenothtu

Think you shoud sort your facts before posting....

Sure, no problem.

The taliban is not an enemy of the united states..

The White House on Monday defended Vice President Joe Biden for saying that the Taliban isn't an enemy of the United States despite the years spent fighting the militant Islamic group that gave a home to Al Qaeda and its leader Usama bin Laden while he plotted the Sept. 11 terror attacks. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

The opinion of Joe Biden carries no more weight than mine in the matter. He's well known for shooting off his mouth before engaging his brain. Nor do I care that the White House has rallied to try a lame attempt to back his faux pas.

You want a fact, here's a fact: folks who are trying to kill me plotting to do so, or supporting those who do may very well be considered "other than friend".

and Al Qaida... You really dont belief that rubbish do you.. The term was first used and coined by the BBC.... Its mythical, magic tales..make belief..

Sure thing. Just keep drinking that kool-aid - it must be pretty sweet. Some of us don't have the luxury of ignoring the preponderance of the evidence and glomming on to one single claim as if it were some sort of life preserver.

You're probably among those who desperately believe the "Tim Osman" mythology, or think that OBL somehow accepted US aid during the Soviet war in Afghanistan. A factual case for either has never been presented, nor is it possible to present one, because the facts are not there to be presented. It never happened, and as a matter of fact a factual case for even the existence of "Osman" has never been presented, much less his alleged role in the Soviet Afghan War.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

My wars were long ago - not the recent ones. the reason I fought was to keep it from coming here. I failed miserably, because here it is. That possibility didn't keep me from trying.

Making it back "safe" and making it back "sound" isn't necessarily the same thing. The argument could be made that I am profoundly UNsound.

You seem to be mistaking the benefit certain segments may derive for the reason soldiers fight. Those, too, are not the same thing. "Collateral damage" has a corollary in "collateral benefit".

Soldiers know why they fight, and those reasons are as varied as there are soldiers. The rest is all academic fluff.

ETA: I had severe disagreements over the initiation of the Iraq War, and still do. That does not mean I disagree with the soldiers who fought it. I have NO reservations about the Afghan War, however - although I disagree with the way it has been prosecuted.

As a matter of fact, I nearly went to Iraq myself in May, 2004, when the US Embassy opened, even though I disagreed with the premise of the war. My mother and my sisters talked me out of it, which turned out to have been the right decision, all things considered. Why would ANYONE willingly go into a war zone when they disagree with the premise of the war itself?

I'll tell you why - or at least give you one reason. because things change over time, and at that point it may have been the right thing to do. Going in to Iraq in the first place was a bone-headed move. Entirely unnecessary. The inception was flawed, and removed the military's eye off the ball, which was Afghanistan, opening war on another front, stretching resources thinner and pulling them away from what should have been the primary fight. Even then, as the war progressed, Iraq became a hotbed of activity, drawing AQ from all over to fight the "Evil Americans". It became like bait for predators. If I could ace them THERE, that would be one less to fly a plane into a building HERE.

War is more than bayonetting babies and raping cattle, despite what your TV tells you on a daily basis.

edit on 2012/5/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

All of that is true, OBL was a CIA asset, he was the mujahadeen and was funded by the CIA. Don't you remember?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not worried about their view. This is war

Then why are you worried about 9/11 and attacking Afghanistan? It is after all just all blowback from a war the USA started. We started the war and then we get hit with blowback and then you want to go to war with afghanistan because it was the home of OBL at one point? That does not make any sense.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

now fast forward obl dead ( as if ) Aq broken fragmented and predominatly out of afghan so what we just pull out again leaving it as a safe haven for AQ and others like it ? letting it again possibly fall victim to extream rule ??

We messed up afghanistan and are there to stay till 2024 for no reason but money and zionist interests.

Ok so let me go with your reasoning if we are their to rebuild, how do you know what the afghans want? The do not want freedom in the sense that we in the USA want freedom. They are muslims; Islam means SUBMISSION to god. Submission is the exact opposite of the word freedom. Maybe they don't want schools, maybe they like their simple farming life. Maybe they like growing opium and other narcotics. You just went in there and assumed that they want freedom and you were doing them a favor by building them schools. You have done nothing of that sort.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

We gave him the weapons and training to plan those attacks. No, we didn't.

Yes we did. The 9/11 hijackers were trained in the USA; therefore we gave them the training. Do you not remember that they got their flight training in the USA? Oh guess you forgot that one..

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Bin Laden and the Taliban were funded by a lot of people including Saudia Arabia and Pakistants ISI and hell had Russia never invaded the Taliban would have never existed.

There were a lot of cooks in that kitchen and sitting there and blaming only the USA/CIA is disingenous.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I'm sorry about that 90% as I've already stated This figure was taken from memory when the actual figure is 82% ( sorry 8% out bad me ) But if you think you know better please honour us with your extensive knowlege, insight, experience and FACTS

82% of whom polled? Every single person in Afghanistan? Sure its easy to say yes to a poll when someone is pointing a gun at you. You better agree to this poll or we will shoot up your village seems more like the mantra.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

But then we forgot to invade the homeland where CIA is based. USA needs to be invaded as well; we need to replace the regime and take a poll and see if the rest of the americans like an occupation.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Which wars? For instance the 1991 gulf war in Iraq which the US was itching to get into and they have Hussein weapons and encouraged him to invade Kuwait so that they could use an excuse to go in.

The numerous US bases that are occupying THEIR holy land.

The biased US support for Israel which allows killing of palestenian muslims which the rest of the muslim countires see. This makes them hate the USA, and this was also a motivating factor for the 9/11 attacks.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

All of that is true, OBL was a CIA asset, he was the mujahadeen and was funded by the CIA. Don't you remember?

I remember quite a lot more than you ever knew in the matter. OBL was NEVER a "CIA asset". The mujahideen morphed into the Northern Alliance, not the Taliban. Ahmed Shah Masud, AKA "The Lion of the Panjshir" from the days of the Soviet War was assassinated just prior to 9/11.

By al Qaida.

As a favor and a "thank you" to the Taliban.

edit on 2012/5/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No, he's not the only one around here - but YOU are not one at all. I'd thank you to stop pretending you are. It's clear and evident from your rants that you know not whereof you speak, and would certainly be embarrassing to you if you had so much as a clue about it.

Prove I am 'not one at all' You know nothing about me little boy. You need to stop assuming.

I'll bet dollars - or riyals, if you prefer - against donuts that you aren't "sat balls deep in" mud the consistency of chocolate mousse in a ditch. Wanna win that bet?

Riyals? Is that your currency? In America we use Dollars little boy.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Support that claim - cite the relevant laws that make it "illegal". Otherwise, you're just trying to blow smoke up someone's ass.

It is illegal because you just don't go around and killing innocent people; it is a moral law; oh wait I thought we in the USA where the moral high horse?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not worried about their view. This is war

Then why are you worried about 9/11 and attacking Afghanistan? It is after all just all blowback from a war the USA started. We started the war and then we get hit with blowback and then you want to go to war with afghanistan because it was the home of OBL at one point? That does not make any sense.

Whatever sort of "professional" you may be, it is not an Intelligence Professional. You are misusing the term "blowback" in the same manner as the MSM uses it, and distinctly separate from the intel community usage. That tells me precisely where you get your info.

WHICH war is it you are alleging that the US "started" here? careful where you tread - there may be a mine in that question.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Mop-up. It's called mop-up. If you don't clean the spill, someone else might slip in it as well. The spill itself is not the end aim of any but vandals.

Well then according to them 9/11 was a mop up in retaliation for US interference in the middle east.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yes we did. The 9/11 hijackers were trained in the USA; therefore we gave them the training. Do you not remember that they got their flight training in the USA? Oh guess you forgot that one..

They BOUGHT their training. We "gave" them nothing.

Oh, guess you forgot THAT!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

WHICH war is it you are alleging that the US "started" here? careful where you tread - there may be a mine in that question.

I already answered that question above. The USA is engaged in a war against Muslim countries in the middle east directly or indirectly prior to 9/11.

Another example of the war: Lebanon 1982-1984
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:15:31 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

They BOUGHT their training. We "gave" them nothing.

Oh, guess you forgot THAT!

But the US is still responsible for training the 9/11 terrorists therefore we should invade the terrorist training bases here in the USA.

Whatever sort of "professional" you may be, it is not an Intelligence Professional. You are misusing the term "blowback" in the same manner as the MSM uses it, and distinctly separate from the intel community usage. That tells me precisely where you get your info.

I get my information from Michael Scheuer who was the top CIA OBL hunter. Where do you get your information from?
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:12:24 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2012 12:12:46 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

But then we forgot to invade the homeland where CIA is based. USA needs to be invaded as well; we need to replace the regime and take a poll and see if the rest of the americans like an occupation.

There is a gear stripped in your head somewhere, isn't there? We DID "invade the homeland where the CIA is based".

In 1607, on the Chesapeake Bay.

I'm with you on "replacing the regime", though. It's unfortunate that there are currently no viable contenders.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join