It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morphing UFOs - From 4th dimension?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
From different perspectives, any shape of higher dimensional analog will be seen differently.

This is just a tesseract, but already creating billions of possibilities, tesseracts are just boxes to creatures from the 4th dimension.

Then, you have a 3-sphere.

With slight fathomability of the concept, it opens up many, many more possibilities than that of just a tesseract.
The sightings of "UFOs" that appear to be "morphing" seem to fit this. (Well, to me, at least.)
Something moving in the fourth-dimension will produce different projections to whomever is viewing within the 3rd dimension.
Our minds can't fully conceive true "4D", so it will see it as a 3D object morphing and changing shape.

I've recently heard a lot about earth moving into a higher dimension; do you believe such objects could be from this "dimension"?
With our big "date" coming this year, I'm looking forward to whatever this year has to bring.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Rathyas because: proofreading is recommended

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

Is there a way you could explain a little how 4d is supposed to be perceived, as obviously all I'm seeing just now is a morphing cube.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
please delete - double post
edit on 15-5-2012 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

I would suggest a visit to this page:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Not sure I'm at liberty to even try and explain the whole concept myself.

This might help.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Rathyas because: messed up link

edit on 15-5-2012 by Rathyas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Actually, the video doesn't seem to want to post.
Here, try this link: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You cant percieve a 4d cube. Tesseract or hypercube. For you too trully see the cube in 4d would to see all right angles. Which is impossible for us to even think of.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

I'm normally not one for putting myself down but...
That dude is way over my head

Good link

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Ahhhhhhh

That will be why I cant see it

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

Within our three dimentional realm wouldn't they be limited to working in 3 dimentions? Also in theory a four dimentional object casts a three dimentional shadow, just as we cast a two dimentional shadow. If this is the case are we just seeing shadows bleeding through from a higher dimention?

Our whole existence could be a shadow of the 4th dimention I suppose? Although shadows being shadows you would get a skewed 3d representation of the actual 4d structure, just as our 2d shadows are not a true 2d representation of our 3d structures.

This could give rise to your morphing UFO's... Sorry, just letting my brain wander

edit on 15/5/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Yes, and that's why I said we'd only perceive it as a 3-dimensional object.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I see what you're saying, and it's kind of disturbing to imagine.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If you have read Carl Sagan's cosmos, he talks briefly about what would happen if you were to transfer up or down dimensions. He theorises that if a higher being were to be transfered to a lower state, only a small portion of that being could be rendered into that new dimension as the rest (the higher dimesnion bits) could not render down into a lower dimension. He also talks about what might the beings of the lower dimension see of this higher dimensional being. It could appear as a sliver of light, a cross section of random parts of the once whole, even, bright orbs of light. (huh).

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
If you have read Carl Sagan's cosmos, he talks briefly about what would happen if you were to transfer up or down dimensions. He theorises that if a higher being were to be transfered to a lower state, only a small portion of that being could be rendered into that new dimension as the rest (the higher dimesnion bits) could not render down into a lower dimension. He also talks about what might the beings of the lower dimension see of this higher dimensional being. It could appear as a sliver of light, a cross section of random parts of the once whole, even, bright orbs of light. (huh).

That being the case, if higher dimentional beings wanted to explore our 3d realm it would make sense for them to construct something/someone in three dimentions and then pop them into our space. This way the construct could function as a whole, gather all the data they wanted and return.

Greys anyone?
edit on 15/5/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Grey's could possibly be the info gatheres. If you look into astral projection, travel. You do start to naturally conect the dots. However, that is more up to the imagination until you either travel "there" or possibly, die.

This life is a journey, we must enjoy it and find out as much about this three dimensional space we persist in as possible. We will all find out one day.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We don't even truly see 3D. We see a 2D projection of 3D space. Mathematically speaking if all the vertices of an object in 3-space were given by vectors in that space, what we see is the orthogonal projection of those vectors onto the plane that is normal to our line of sight at any given time. It is from altering our line of sight (moving around, rotating, etc) that we are able to view multiple different 2D projections of the same object onto different 2D planes, which gives us enough information to discern the object's shape in 3-space. After many years of observing the world this way, we've gotten pretty good at it to the point where it's part of our intuition.

The reason why visiualizing a 4D object is impossible, is because you're still viewing a projection onto a 2D plane, only this time you're projecting vectors in 4-space. You simply lose too much information about the original shape. It would be the same as trying to project 3D objects onto a 1-dimensional line. You lose too much information for it to be meaningful in any way.

If we could truly see 3D, meaning we could "see" all the information about a 3D object at one time without any need to rotate it (see its backside, inside, outside, etc, all at once), then we could discern what a 4D object looks like by viewing multiple projections onto 3-space. Unfortunately, we don't have senses that are capable of doing this.
edit on 15-5-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

4th dimension?

I think it goes a little further than that... 4th dimension relative to us is time.... there are many other dimensions out there..
Also there are no UFO's in the thread, just images or gif's.. sorry i'm not trying to be an ass about it but your title is abit misleading..

edit on 16-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow, Very interesting. That video really put it into perspective and it really is interesting. I deffinately want to learn more about this. The time concept of the 4th dimension is easier to grasp but all we would have is speculation though. Either way I'm hooked.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

Yes, this is an idea I've held for years (or at least something similar). Many of the weirder looking shapechanging UFOs, in particular, (like blobish ones, or the geometrically regular ones) make a lot more sense when regarded as being three dimensional cross-sections of four-dimensional objects that are rotating.

Similar arguments can also explain how some UFOs seem to split apart and come together -- imagine poking your hand through a 2D Flatland. To any 2D inhabitants, five separate circles would spring into being until your fingers passed all the way through to your palm, when they would seem to "merge" together into one new shape. In other words, it's perfectly analogous to the observed behavior of many oddly-moving/shaped UFOs.

And to the poster who remarked that "time is the fourth dimension!". No. That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a fourth _spatial_ dimension. If you want to talk about time, then yes, we're all 4D creatures and this discussion is about 5D events, but that's just confusing the issue. And besides, it's an open question as to whether there is a fundamental difference between time and the spatial dimensions. Most physicists think there is. But, regardless, saying "no, time is the fourth" makes no more sense than saying "no, length is the second dimension, not width".

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What I don't get about the 4D theory is the construction of the elements, particles and waves. These are fundemental building blocks of our Universe but they could not exist in a 2D world, a sine wave has a direction, electric field and magnetic field creating a 3 dimensional propogation of the waveform, carrying energy and information. This could not exist in 2 dimensions and also could not exist in 4 dimensions without it having some form of behaviour that we would not be able to explain as we observe in the 3 dimensional world. For me if a 4 dimensional world does exist then it would be completely seperate from our 3D world and there would be no interaction between the two. Just my thoughts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join