It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It is fake. CGI, and not great CGI either.

The camerawork gives it away.
edit on 16-5-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I am not so sure about that...What strikes this as suspicious is that this is Obama's old state when he was a senator. That looks pretty real to me, and it should be frightening to the average American. These drones are used to bomb people that we know of surveillance or not. I'm not to sure about this idea.

So even though this is CGI camera work. What makes you think this type of thing would not happen? This is not your average flying saucer video, this is a real aircraft used for surveillance or for bombing that we know of because it is used overseas.
edit on 16-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The camera work does seem fake. That zoom is very fast, square movements, too stable to be hand held.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

We're not too far off down joining you in that bowl...with all state forces 'considering' the idea...Im hoping for public outcry..but doubt it..sighs.

Its a bit rich given we've NEVER even had a terrorist attack on our soil ..so none of the justifications used in the US for these even apply..its outright spying and paramilitary policing...its a joke..criminalising and pathologising the entire human race.

Link:
www.smh.com.au...

Ro
edit on 16-5-2012 by Rosha because: typo

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Just consider: what if a VW van filled with terrorists were speeding towards the football game, prepared to detonate the van near or on the playing field (grandstands, perhaps)? What if government agents could not stop them, or died trying? What if the LAST HOPE to save all those people was the use of an armed drone to take out that VW van?

The security of our nation is often taken for granted. Security measures aren't often comfortable, either, but they are there to keep us safe. How is the presence of that drone taking away freedom? That drone is there to protect it. When people see an armed drone flying above them, they should feel safer.

Keep in mind that if a serial killer was discovered to be driving around your hometown, he/she (probably a "he") could be taken-out by an armed drone. Have any Americans on American soil been wrongfully taken-out by armed drones yet? Not yet. Now, if an armed drone "accidentally" takes-out an outspoken Hollywood celebrity or political adversary... well, then, there is cause for concern. So far, nothing of the like has happened.

Next tiime you are at a BBQ, look up into the sky and smile if you see an armed drone. It is there to protect YOU. Yes, YOU. Smile and let the government take care of you. Drink your beer and eat your smoked ribs. And smile, knowing that you are safe...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's not just the US adopting these measures. Welcome to the brave new world...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
man, I really, really hate to say this.

the drone is flying at a perfect speed and in a perfect line. no turbulence, etc. I know it would be hard to see via this camera etc, but something just feels wrong with this. (cgi?)

that's for sharing though. just two tiny copper pennies.

Thank you. It feels as if they just composited an image of a drone onto the video in After Effects and positioned it to move across the screen.

Everything about this just screams fake.

EDIT//

Even the auto focus seems it was done in post production. And why did he stop recording? So many questions...too bad it's a hoax.

NEXT.
edit on 16-5-2012 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm sure this has everything to do with the summits thats being held here in a week...I'm not sure what the big deal is here, are these drones any different than the military helicopters or fighter jets that I see fly over my house every so often??? Until they are being used to harm us I really dont see the problem here...

And I do agree with a few of the posters in here that the video could be a fake... The guy just randomly points the camera up at the sky just as the drone is flying by? And he doesnt continue to follow it? He justs says " that's an odd little plane" and its over.....hmm???

edit on 16-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
man, I really, really hate to say this.

the drone is flying at a perfect speed and in a perfect line. no turbulence, etc. I know it would be hard to see via this camera etc, but something just feels wrong with this. (cgi?)

that's for sharing though. just two tiny copper pennies.

I agree and drones shouldn't be flying that low

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is true.

But if its true...and armed drones are used on American citizens... perhaps in the name of fighting "domestic terrorists"...
Maybe then the people who cheer the droning of civilians in Pakistan and Yemen would experience what its like.

My 2 cents.

edit on 16-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Cripes man! You sound like a wimpy, ass-kissing sack of %@#. Grow yourself a set, and really understand what is happening in this nation.

It is blind, 9 to 5 married tards like yourself that have given this country over to the politically-correct left and the whores that run this country now.

What the hell is wrong with you???

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
I cannot wait for the first few deaths caused by these terminators and what kind of spin will be put on it!!!
In other news, a kindergarten class of suspected al quaeda domestic terrorists was hit today by a predator drone...
I can see it now.

Oh there's a place to put all the noisy people who start screaming about the government killing their babys.. whats that place called ? .. oh yeah.. CAMP FEMA

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
100% CGI, camera work, voice over, are abviously fake.
Nice how in the original footage a plane was passing by, so it added a little value, but the drone is totally fake.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I guess "they" are comfortable with the safety record the drones have otherwise "they" wouldn't endanger the American public.

I think Australia is looking into this as well.

Lets hope the operator isn't a supporter of terror. What better way for a gutless coward to inflict carnage then by mechanical remote.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

You know how it is....this is the first (loaded) one spotted/ People will say "Nah....". Then will come a second one, a third.....and we will get used to it.

Yep that's the deal. In 10 years it will be so natural that people don't think about it.

This is just the US government/finance covering its own arse. In case of a revolution, small or large scale, it's best to have as much tools at your disposal as possible.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatientZer0
What is wrong with you idiots and the, "It's Fake" crap?!

Are you brain-dead zombies now?! A generation of blathering idiots weened on xbox and ipods is what we have here folks. Real is fake, Fake is real for them.

Oh God, this is going to be a catastrophe of epic proportions when it kicks off.

What do you think is going to happen? You sound pretty paranoid.... So because a drone was seen flying we should get ready for catastrophes of epic proportions???

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
looks fake, he is not follow drone. recording empty space before and after drone.

i want to make videos like this. which software i can use. can someone give me a link to software webpage?

thanks.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I can't believe how much attention this - obviously fake - video is getting. What's wrong with you all? Doesn't itseem obvious?

There's something really unnatural about the panning and zooming; it's very symptomatic of CGI. Next, the drone doesn't pitch, roll or yaw throughout the clip which is impossible as it should change perspective. Lastly, the lighting is all wrong on it. It's reflecting something, but where's the sun?

FAKE!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
So, I suppose your the troll looking to twist everything up? Nice try sonny, however there are a few left out there, from past generations, who understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join