It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PirateBay not working?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
thepiratebay.se/

I tried it today and it seems to be down. Other sites are working but this is pretty interesting...

Are we witnessing an active attack? Did they not rag on Anonymous (CIA)? Is the CIA trying to take them down because of this?
edit on 063131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 15 May 2012 18:17:41 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's likely just temporary downtime for maintenance; it would be near impossible to shut TPB down for good.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I remember they used to be .org then they switched it to .se. Usually sites put up a maintenance page when they do that sort of thing..

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm not getting a response, this doesn't look good. I live for thepiratebay.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
It's likely just temporary downtime for maintenance; it would be near impossible to shut TPB down for good.

True that, but either way, I would steer clear of any site that is in such a spotlight, even though TPB can't shut it down yet.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Seems to be some news here...

The Pirate Bay Suffers (Local) Downtime
Ernesto May 15, 2012
Yes, The Pirate Bay is down at the moment. No, not everywhere. Every time The Pirate Bay suffers a few minutes for downtime, thousands of people start to worry that something awful has happened to their beloved site. Luckily, this is usually not the case. When the site’s not responding someone probably tripped over a cable, they’re working on software upgrades, replacing hardware or facing another technical difficulty.
The current downtime appears to be a routing issue as the site is still reachable in many parts of the world.

torrentfreak

On twitter, seems to be the same opinion.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It goes down a lot

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
PIRATES ANTHEM: What is going on?

Why is the date 5-15-12 stuck in my mind as a "take down" date for several interwebs? Or am I imagining things again?

Nonetheless, here is a tribute to this and all other sites from those who have obviously suffered censorship in the past; may you be up and running in no time: If you don't like the stylee, please listen to the lyrics as best as you can:

eta: wikileaks down today as well???

edit on 15-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
They have stated they are suffering a DDoS attack, most likely from a copyright holder(s) trying to make it look like anonymous, they have also said that __._ is under heavy attack too. Apparently they will be back tomorrow.

EDIT:

To quote The Piratebay:

Just to clarify, we KNOW that it is NOT Anonymous who is behind the ddos attack. Stop spreading rumours like that. We may not agree with Anonymous in everything, but we both want the internet to be open and free. There, now carry on with whatever it is you were doing

new topics

top topics

join