It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF HAARP Didn't Create Katrina!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
After over 7 years I have finally come across irrefutable proof to answer the question:

Did HAARP Cause Katrina?

"HAARP and Hurricane Katrina", a widely cited post across the net from ATS created by a fine denier of ignorance, ATS Member CPYKOmega, asks the question:

Is it just a coincidence that HAARP was very active is it just a coincidence that HAARP was very active right before Katrina hit Florida?

Today, after much reflection, I trumpet a resounding YES!!! It was a coincidence. But there's more

And here's how we know...

CPYKOmega presented a chart of a 7 day plot of the readings taken from the fluxgate magnetometer built by the University of Alaska, Geophysical Institute, operating at the HAARP ionospheric observatory in Gakona, Alaska.

This chart appeared to support the claim that HAARP may have activated something that caused its magnetometer to jump, and at the same time caused Hurricane Katrina to weaken, lessening the damage to occur in Florida.

But I looked a little bit further and made an even more detailed chart using HAARP's own magnometer archive (Source: HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer Archives - I've listed below the settings that can recreate the chart)

Use the following setting with the Fluxgate Archives link above to see for yourself:
Traces
H (North) - Selected
D (East) - Selected
Z (Vertical) - Selected
Plot Width
36 hours - selected
Plot Scale
1000nT - Selected

Ending Date:

What does the above chart show? Well look at the times for yourself, and then read this quote:

Further strengthening ensued, and Katrina is estimated to have reached hurricane status near 2100 UTC 25 August, less than two hours before its center made landfall on the southeastern coast of Florida.
(Source: NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)

That quote comes from a detailed account made by the NOAA. Just look at the timing between when the storm reached Hurricane status, hit Florida and the activity of the HAARP magnetometer chart and come to your own conclusion!
edit on 15-5-2012 by KingAceSuited because: Line break in one of the sources removed for aesthetics

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAceSuited
and come to your own conclusion!

I've come to the conclusion that many people on ATS
- dont know what a magnetometer is
- dont wish to bother learning
- dont care that they are very simple devices that do nothing
- dont care that you can build one at home
- still blame them for earthquakes anyway.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAceSuited

I think if you saw what a magnetometer looks like you would have quickly realised that it couldn't create earthquakes...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's some more info for you:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

how can haarp cause quakes when its directed into the atmosphere NOT EARTH do some research or ask phage that bloke knows [SNIP] loads..he has explained it heeps of times, haarp causing quakes biggest sh8T EVER.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I agree. I think may want things to be simple, and when it's not simple they wish for it to be impossibly complex, maybe even to avoid the responsibility/obligation of learning.

Starred.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I think if you saw what a magnetometer looks like you would have quickly realised that it couldn't create earthquakes...

I think if you would have read my post instead of the second post exclusively, you'd quickly have realized I never mentioned earthquakes.

Even the most knowedgable of us should still have a keeness about us.

Thank you for the pictures though. I'm examining them now.

edit: You really don't deserve that star, given your carelessness
edit on 15-5-2012 by KingAceSuited because: Admonishing the awarding of a star I believe to be unearned

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

I've always liked Phage's explanations as well.

People can come up with spectacular causal effects if they use their imagination. Even scientifically sound causal relationshonships that we take for granted like solar radiation causing virtually every energy power on earth may be so far above one's head that it's easy to assume heat in the air causes shifting beneath the earth.

Thanks for posting.

edit: But please try to refrain from one-liners like "Even more crap."
edit on 15-5-2012 by KingAceSuited because: Responding to an above post while conserving the post count

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
how can haarp cause quakes when its directed into the atmosphere NOT EARTH do some research

I think you need to read my post again.

I'm saying that a magnetometer is a very simple device, just basically a small coil of wire (as pictured above) that cannot cause earthquakes.
Yes, I agree with you.

But ATS readers still blame them for earthquakes anyway.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No idea how to interpret the data you're referring to, but wouldn't one have to assume any evidence be it in the form of HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer Archives or anything else stored, would most certainly be falsified evidence if the true evidence is damning? I mean if you made a hurricane sit on top of an area in order to flood it out, you wouldn't archive evidence that proves you're guilty, would you?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Meh.

Earthquake. Hurricane. Mind control.

Whatever the nuts think it does it doesn't really matter.

The magnetometer is a sensor, the graph represents what the magnetometer is sensing.

it does not indicate that HAARP was on or not, it indicates what the magnetic field is doing...to put it in simple terms.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

No idea how to interpret the data you're referring to, but wouldn't one have to assume any evidence be it in the form of HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer Archives or anything else stored, would most certainly be falsified evidence if the true evidence is damning? I mean if you made a hurricane sit on top of an area in order to flood it out, you wouldn't archive evidence that proves you're guilty, would you?

I cannot answer hypotheticals.

There have been numerous times throughout history that people archived evidence that proved them guilty, and there have been numerous times throughout history that people destroyed evidence that otherwise would have proven them guilty.

Neither you nor I know if it's true in this case. Also, seven years ago people were using the archives as evidence to support the opposite claim.

We should not use information when it is convenient and then discard the same information when it is not.

Thanks for posting.

Maybe have a look at Omega's post and see if it makes any sense and then come back. If you've got a question, don't hesitate.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Right the chart is a running 36 hour plot of the readings taken from the fluxgate magnetometer built by the University of Alaska, Geophysical Institute, operating at the HAARP ionospheric observatory in Gakona, Alaska.

This particular fluxgate magnetometer measures the total strength of a magnetic field in the eastward, northward, and downard (x, y, and z axis) directions. The total strength of the magnetic field can be calculated from that.

Always be careful when responding to someone through a third party. It's much easier to make a mistake when one lacks credible, emperical data.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
TPTB uses HAARP to confuse us. People blame HAARP for any disaster or phenomena. Meanwhile, the real reasons are disguised.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I had to Google "TPTB" to figure out what that was. The Powers That Be.

I think it's a very small number of people who know of the term HAARP, and those people don't understand that HAARP is a program commissioned by a couple agencies in the department of defense for the purpose of enhancing or disrupting friendly and enemy communication respectively.

I think it's much easier to package the idea an amorphous entity that controls weather and many other directly, indirectly, or imagined related incidents into a five letter acronym than to study the complex issues surrounding the weather and such incidents at length.

It would take a lifetime to understand weather the way some do, just like it would take a lifetime to understand many other phenomena, such as power and the mechanics behind nature, either natural or human.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

All I can say is, the idea of HAARP making earthquakes and other disasters is BS implanted in the mind of many people.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I wasn't aware that this needed proof! I thought it was common knowledge that HAARP didn't create Katrina...or any other disaster. It took me about 30 seconds to figure it out.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
TPTB uses HAARP to confuse us. People blame HAARP for any disaster or phenomena. Meanwhile, the real reasons are disguised.

Huh? TPTB doesn't go around saying HAARP did this, and HAARP did that. Further "people" don't blame HAARP for anything either.

An extremely small portion of the population has formulated a conspiracy based theory that HAARP has done these things...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Did we even really need proof that HAARP was not the cause for a hurricane in hurricane season in a common area for hurricanes?

Ah, someone beat me to the question.

nvm
edit on 5/16/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join