It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Shaped Object on Lasco C2 May 13th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
im afraid one day they will decide to just stop all the live feeds with all the stupid youtube videos around

instead of appreciating how now we are able to observe solar phenomenas like flares and sunspots from the comfort of our computer...ppl ignore everything and keep on hoping to catch UFO's and Nibiru

edit on 15-5-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I wonder how many has ever observed the effects when an ionised particle collides with another? Whether it is in a CCD sensor, or a Cloud chamber. The particle collides with another particle, and there is a decay sequence, that is characteristic for that specific type of particle, i.e. the collision will always look the same for a specific type of particle. That you should all have learnt in elementary physics.

In short, when a specific type of cosmic ray (i.e. particle) hits the CCD, it will always give a characteristic pattern.

you can watch a movie about elementary particle physics here, with some cloud-chamber clips (about at the 26 minute mark) here:

or if that is too much, just read the wikipedia entry on the Wilson cloud chamber over here:
Wilson Cloud chamber

What happens in a Cloud chamer, is exactly the same as what happens when a cosmic particle strikes a CCD.

you can get a better idea by reading this document
Cosmic rays in Astronomical CCD arrays

edit on 16/5/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Its not the fact that the answers dont change it is the fact that the answer was given very quickly as to what Phage says it is. Like I say I am keeping an open mind

Not that I doubt Phages knowledge but a lot of the answers he gives do seem to tow the NASA et al party line and anything that is thought to be out of the ordinary is explained away as pixcels, dust or solar flares there could be other alternative answers and the long and the short of it is that unless someone was there to witness it first hand thenwho can say what it truly is.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsrreal

Not that I doubt Phages knowledge but a lot of the answers he gives do seem to tow the NASA et al party line and anything that is thought to be out of the ordinary is explained away

That's the problem, there is nothing "out of the ordinary" here. Just because people see something for the first time and don't understand what they are looking at doesn't mean that others don't.

edit on 5/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join