It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama aide promises $1B in corporate-jet subsidies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Obama aide promises $1B in corporate-jet subsidies

Remember when Obama was railing on about "the tax-break for corporate jets," during the debt-ceiling fights of 2011? He repeatedly invoked this "tax break," which was really about how some corporate jets were depreciated over five years instead of seven. The message was clear: Republicans are in bed with corporate-jet owners. His loyal legions on the Left joined the chant.

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

President Barack Obama’s proposal to end a tax break for corporate jet owners, a repeated refrain in his news conference yesterday, would achieve less than one-tenth of 1 percent of his target for reducing the federal deficit.

www.bloomberg.com...

Wait what?

Those evil jet owners!

No wait let's give them money!

Those evil jet owners!

No Wait let's give them money!

You really can't make this stuff up talk about i was against it before i was for it can't wait to see the flip flops of tomorrow!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A few planes built is good for the economy.

Or is your blind hatred of Lib's so strong, only a complete collapse will make you happy.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yes!

Let's help out those evil millionaires and billionaires!!

Blind hatred eh?

Nope.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96

A few planes built is good for the economy.

Or is your blind hatred of Lib's so strong, only a complete collapse will make you happy.

I'm pretty sure the OP is pointing out the hypocrisy on steroids of the Obama administration and his minions.
This is only one of many examples of it. Unsurprising.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This whole article is BS.
campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

He is confusing jet owners who don't pay taxes on the jets the own. To the jet manufacturers who sale jets around the world. Two different people. Someone who builds jets gets a government backed loan to replace the money that the banks refuse to loan to any one because they would rather gamble on the next company they can crash and collect thier gamblings on. And the other is a rich guy who makes more money than you can dream of who crashes companies just to see how much money they can make betting on it. And they can't even be bothered to pay taxes they should.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Those two guys you are talking about?
They are the same guy.
Welcome to Obamaland (or Bushland, or Clintonland, or Reaganland)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

No hes talking about making bankers and Koch brothers and other rich people like John Travolta pay taxes on the air crafts they own. And giving part of the money collected back from them to Air Craft manufactruers who build planes. And they create jobs as they build air craft and sell them. If you can't see the difference between the two you have blinders on.

One owns a aircraft and flys it pays no taxes.Obama wants 3 billion from these guys.

One guy builds aircrafts employs people and sells aircraft.Obama offers 1 billion to these guys.
edit on 15-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So let me get this straight: Owners of jet manufacturing corporations aren't rich guys? And the other guys don't create jobs?
These blinders are contagious, it seems.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Tax cut for a individual who is rich to fly a jet? Wasted on a rich guy for extravagant life style.

Government backed loan to a manufacturer to create jobs building aircarft to sell globally? Little better than only benifiting one individual.

Plus there is 2 billion dollars left to pay off the debt.

I don't wear blinders. I look at the facts not left or right propaganda.

edit on 15-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
LOL are you guys that insist Obama is not on the right, that he's a communist, radical left blah blah...getting it yet? Obama is Wall Street's best friend.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Wish i could argue but i really can't.

He has a hefty stake in JPMorgan Chase, the megabank that just made a bad $2 billion bet. Obama has an account worth between $500,000 and $1 million.

content.usatoday.com...

Oh and even in communist there was a few "intellectual elite rich dudes".

edit on 15-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Soviet Russia's biggest fans and financiers were the Rockefellers. The Rockefellers who dominate Chase banking. The same Chase banking that belongs to JPMorgan Chase. The same JPMorgan Chase that donated tons of money to the Obama campaign. The same JPMorgan Chase that got bailed out originally by the Bush admin and supported by Obama the candidate. Then received further, more subtle bailouts from the Obama admin. Now is threatening the whole system again without the Obama admin saying boo.
Blinders.
Sheesh.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by JBA2848

So let me get this straight: Owners of jet manufacturing corporations aren't rich guys? And the other guys don't create jobs?
These blinders are contagious, it seems.

This is moronic thinking. Yes...tax breaks for manufacturers who hire folks....No...we should not eliminate all taxes for those who purchase jets and yachts...while asking the mom buying groceries for her family to make up the difference...just moronic. People who spend 20 Million dollars on a private jet don't need an effen tax break...they buy the Jet anyways. It is not an item that needs to be incentivized via tax breaks...Jesus, Mary of Christ...what kind of mental malformations result from idealogical BS.

Also of note...the Jet manufactuers also manufacture plane parts in general around the world.

AND...President Obama and the Democrats aren't making the Private Jet/Yachts etc. tax break an issue because it will close the deficet, they are doing it to demonstrate HOW EFFEN IN THE POCKET OF WALL STREET THE GOP IS....where they would let the nation default on it's debts, they would fight giving 9-11 firefighters healthcare, they would grid-lock our government just to save a tax break on private jets!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Those evil jet owners!

No wait let's give them money!

Those evil jet owners!

No Wait let's give them money!

Comprehension is key.

The proposed aide is to the jet manufacturers, not the owners.

Don't let facts get in your way of propaganda

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yep don't let facts get in the way after all takes a rich guy to buy one and fly one.

Second.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yep don't let facts get in the way after all takes a rich guy to buy one and fly one.

Second.

that is not logical at all Neo... There are MORE rich people today, with MORE money,
I am not sure you even understand why your points are so absurd.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Second.

And?

What does that have to do with the article...the owners of private jets should not even be in the conversation...but you don't seem to comprehend that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Most jets are owned by corporations, not individuals. Sounds to me that Obama wants to do to jet manufacturers what he's already done to the automotive industry. Make payoffs to his union supporters. GM's closing of several non-union plants has been ignored by the MSM. GM's revoking of dealership franchises to owners who supported the Republican party has been ignored by the MSM. I'm curious to see which jet manufacturers are deemed worthy enough to recieve these subsidies.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Sorry what's that?

Thought there are more poor people today so what way do you wanna have it?

Can't have it both ways no matter how hard you try.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join