It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Many municipalities are not at all shy about letting them know they aren't welcome... Those veteran groups have had a lot of success in blocking them.

Whatever methods are used, do not; and I can not emphasize this enough; get physical/or overly verbal with them. They have cameras, and record everything that opponents say to them...hoping someone will, in their justifiable anger say something that'll allow them to sue.

If you choose to confront, have your own camera's, and sound recorders. Set it up ahead of time, if you can...

Yes, definitely no violence, as tempting as it may be...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
Thou I am not guy myself, I would think they need a few gay pride parades through their town and past their church some Sunday morning.

Since they want attention, when they show up at a funeral, have a gay pride parade around them. Maybe those in the parade could "stand reeaal close" to them as they discuss the weather or something.

I think the best way to fight an attention whore is to give it to them to the point of embarrasment.

If I lived close enough, I might even find some appropriate costuming to wear for a parade.

It may take several time for things to soke into their pointy little heads; but it would be worth a shot.

Some pictures might even make it itno the newspapers.
edit on 17-5-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

I really LOVE this idea!! Thankfully, we don't live close to the horrible people though.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

What you want is to "neutralize" them.
Contact the Patriot Guard Riders and see if there are any in your area.
Or read about them and form your own group.

The Patriot Guard has been here all week
They are a truely awesome group!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I always thought that WBC was a TPTB shill group that was trying to get people to beg for the limitation of free speech. When that didn't work, they faded into obscurity.

I say just stage a counter protest and that's it. Those people aren't even human.

-TS

Unfortunately, they are still very much around and very active

They have been focusing on military funerals for the past few years. Our soldiers dedicate their lives to their country and are killed in action (I don't always support the leaders, but I do always support the soldiers). Then, while their families are mourning and everyone is showing their respect for the bravery and the honor, this nasty group shows up and screams that the fallen soldier is going to burn in hell and the family will burn in hell and everyone but them will burn in hell. They are truely a horrible, HORRIBLE group of "people". I look forward to Kharma catching up with them and would love to be able to watch it unfold.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I just want to thank each and every poster for the great posts made on this thread. The support and sentiment four our fallen soldiers is very apparent and all suggestions have been top-notch. Thanks for taking the time to be supportive and offer insights.
Friends of mine say that when they have their gay pride events, there's a group up in the north east called "silent witnesses" who stand in front of the event with really really big rainbow umbrellas that completely block the protestors from view of the event and that works well, much like the giant flags of the Patriot Guard. I'm just so thankful for groups like this who dedicate their time and patience to ensure the families can go through the services with as little disruption as possible. They are amazing groups and deserve our accolades.

Thanks again everyone!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If those turds ever show their face in my neck of the woods, I have already decided that I will infiltrate their group of morons in the protest and start throwing eggs and rocks at other people. I will use the tactics I learned from government and police to encite a reason for them to have to leave the area or be taken by force. Action would have to be taken against the group even if one or a small handful of individuals are causing problems. I have no respect for these people and want nothing more for them to meet their maker.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
If those turds ever show their face in my neck of the woods, I have already decided that I will infiltrate their group of morons in the protest and start throwing eggs and rocks at other people. I will use the tactics I learned from government and police to encite a reason for them to have to leave the area or be taken by force. Action would have to be taken against the group even if one or a small handful of individuals are causing problems. I have no respect for these people and want nothing more for them to meet their maker.

they don't fully understand how the "good ole boy network" works in this area. I could easily see someone opening gunfire on them, perhaps even the death of a few of them, then when the police investigate, the perpetrator will end up being a body in the county morgue (which had been there for at least a full day before the shootings ever took place) so there was nobody available to "sue". We have some pretty "crooked" people aroud here and it could be easily done... not that I would advocate that, but I can see how it could easily happen in this area.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Haha, yeah...gunfire is a little extreme! But destruction of property is right up my alley. All I need are some folks in the opposing crowds to point out the WBC as those at fault. I don't want anyone getting injuried, I just want these imbeciles to pissoff.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
We need a "like" button like the one on facebook LOL
Stars work I guess, but we don't get to see who they're from

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
One problem with these cultists is that at this point they can generate a lot of publicity simply by threatening to show up somewhere. The last time I paid any attention to this they weren't even going to a lot of the events they announced they would protest.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
One problem with these cultists is that at this point they can generate a lot of publicity simply by threatening to show up somewhere. The last time I paid any attention to this they weren't even going to a lot of the events they announced they would protest.

So they use the announcements to "test the waters" and decide where they will get the most attention for showing up, hence more publicity, more opportunity to anger people, better chance at upsetting someone, better change for violence, better chance to make a buck off people's emotions via lawsuits

They continue to play on the concepts that made our country what it is, that the very military they protest will protect them, that the officers of the law whose patience they tax will defend them even though they don't deserve it and that people will stand behind their right to free speech even when it's painful and hurtful to their emotions. With all the other fringe groups forming on a daily basis all the way to the anarchists, at some point, they are going to make the wrong choice and meet up with a group whose ideology and passion will drive them to the point of violence that cannot be made a mockery of and there will be people who lose their lives. It's not good to wish harm to befall another, but if it ever escalates to that point, I sincerely hope that the loss is on the side of the WBC as opposed to whoever it is they choose to prey upon

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It's kind of like Russia and America during the cold war and you are Kuwait.... you dont fight Russia or America, you're bound to lose; you get Russia and America to fight each other .... then you win

So, you want to win the war with the WBC? Call up the KKK Grandmaster (and while youre at it, the Scientologists) and have them buy and build a headquarters directly across the street.....then they can vie for "Hate of the Day" parade rights....I wonder if they would have to go through Municipal Hall for a permit for that?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

It's kind of like Russia and America during the cold war and you are Kuwait.... you dont fight Russia or America, you're bound to lose; you get Russia and America to fight each other .... then you win

So, you want to win the war with the WBC? Call up the KKK Grandmaster (and while youre at it, the Scientologists) and have them buy and build a headquarters directly across the street.....then they can vie for "Hate of the Day" parade rights....I wonder if they would have to go through Municipal Hall for a permit for that?

LOL that might work!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

The funny thing is, the KKK condemned the Westboro Baptist Church because of their 'hatemongering' ways.

I've always just looked at them as real life trolls. Just a bunch of idiots looking to get a response out of people. Seriously....'God Loves Dead Soldiers'????? WTF

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103

The funny thing is, the KKK condemned the Westboro Baptist Church because of their 'hatemongering' ways.

I've always just looked at them as real life trolls. Just a bunch of idiots looking to get a response out of people. Seriously....'God Loves Dead Soldiers'????? WTF

Sincerely, I know!

I spent the better part of my life in the Military and, while I'm not surprised or even terribly upset that there are groups of people who feel a level of resentment towards the Armed Forces (it is part and parcel to what we are fighting for in the first place and their ability to express it), but you would think they would show a modicum of decency or at least acknowledge that we DID / DO in fact provide for them the ability to actually feel and express their disdain.

The WBC won't be able to hide behind the mask of religion for long, they will slip up eventually, and someone will be there to ensure it and watch them fall.....their days are numbered, in that most of the civilized nation can take solace.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

There are people out there that are standing up to the idiocy of Westboro.

Here's a clip of my friend's band opening for Black Label Society performing their song "Westboro".

Stand up, and find a voice against their madness.

This was Westboro's response when they found out about the song.

www.facebook.com...#!/Ironcoreresistance

Were gonna keep posting this because we want the world to see just how cold hearted Westboro Baptist Church is, they posted this picture in response to our song "Westboro" and have been sending us hate mail as well.

Music is one way to fight their actions....but it's just one of many. My friend's band is active with the Patriot Guard and donates profits to them to help their cause.
edit on 18-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The westboro church is just trolling performed at the national level in a televised fashion. After watching their charade, I am 99.9999999999 % sure that they hardly believe a word they're saying. If they do believe what they are saying, then it's only to be able to more believable live their lie.

I think we need to look at them as some kind of comedicc group rather than a thread. They are a complete joke. If we wanted to get rid of them, all we'd have to do is stop giving them attention. Don't feed the trolls.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
No matter who protests Westboro be it veterans, gays, bikers, churches they have gotten exactly what they want and that is attention. It would be best for society to ignore them, not acknowledge their presence, and boycott anyone that gives them the time of day.

edit on 27/5/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
They are banned from entering the United Kingdom, so why can't individual states ban them from entering?
edit on 27-5-2012 by Citybig because: minor spelling error

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Westboro Baptist is an extremely small group of people (they tend to keep it all in the family), who are given way more attention than they deserve. That they are given media attention gives them power- they are not marginalized. In fact, it amazes me how such a small group is credited for speaking for all Christians by those with an anti-Christian agenda. The thing to do is ignore them. If they disrupt funerals- then send a group to peacefully block everyone's view of them. Make them as irrelevant as they should be. Quit giving them attention.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join