It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Spokesman: Candidate Unlikely To Ever Endorse Romney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
NPR - Liz Halloran

Presidential candidate Ron Paul is not expected to ultimately endorse presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney, Paul's chief strategist said Tuesday.

"Never say never, but I don't believe that's likely," said Jesse Benton, during a half-hour-plus give-and-take with reporters.

There you have it. Ron Paul isn't going to endorse Romney. You Ron Paul haters can whine all you like, but it doesn't change the facts. Ron Paul isn't dropping out. He isn't giving up. He's in this to the end. Take it or leave it. And if you don't believe me, go ahead -- read the article.

I've done my part, ATS, now it is up to you where the discussion goes.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah, this isn't news to most people, supporters or not. Although, there are some RP haters who insist RP will most likely endorse Mitt and even go as far as saying he will be Mitt's VP. It's clear to any RP supporter that if Paul endorses or becomes Mitt's VP said supporter will no longer support the Paul. Ron Paul would become the biggest hypocrite of 2012 if he ever supported Mitt or any of the others. Ron is all in, or nothing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

No one believes it is likely...but he did say "never say never"...but right after that he said he would never endorse Gary Johnson.

So...that means the door is still open and it isn't out of the question yet.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Candidate Unlikely To Ever Endorse Romney

Thank God.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
why would he ? he's a libertarian

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Libertarian is a different concept from republican, and they are not mutually exclusive.

Libertarianism is an ideology, republican is a "team".

I think you might be referring to the "Libertarian Party", which is not libertarianism, it's only another team.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why would he? Romney is the poster boy for what is wrong with this country.
Dr. Paul wants to fix it, not contribute to it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Libertarian is a different concept from republican, and they are not mutually exclusive.

I think you might be referring to the "Libertarian Party", which is not libertarianism, it's only another team.

no the point is simple, he doesn't belong in the republican party, so why shoud he endorse their candidate ?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

no the point is simple, he doesn't belong in the republican party, so why shoud he endorse their candidate ?

I have news for you.

We are taking over the Republican Party. Supporting the same message as Ron Paul is what the Republican party is becoming.

We are taking over Party positions, we are getting elected in local offices, state offices, and federal.

Welcome to the new Republican Party.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but I can tell you one thing, he ain't ganna attack Romney directly anymore (not that he has done so in anycase). Ron Paul has Rand's future in mind and this is a fact, 2016 or 2020 is just around the corner.

top topics

join