It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women combat now true,guess who can be drafted?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thinking about this strategically, if a woman is capable of doing the same job or meeting the standards of a job, I have no problem with a woman doing the job whether that is combat or something else. However if a war was fought like it used to be where a nation lost millions of soldiers due to heavy casualties or just unfortunate circumstances, then that could have a very negative impact on that nations quantity of women of child bearing age. Having a permanent reduction in the size of a nation's population could be very detrimental to any prolonged war. It doesn't take as many men to repopulate as it does women so in that respect, it makes men more expendible if you're talking about losing a large part of your population. Hopefully we don't have any more wars where a large portion of a nation's population is lost due to war.

In the meantime the same physical and/or mental tests that a man must pass should apply to the women if they want the same job. If a job is physically demanding, then both weak male and weak female soldiers should be barred from entering that position.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I fully support this measure.

Way I see it, we as a nation and world are used to seeing men die in war..get a few women on the front lines, and war may be reconsidered far more than just the thought of tossing a bunch of dudes up to the front to die.

I am not in favor of war obviously, and my inner knight wants to protect a woman...I also want things to be equal when possible...so, the only solution here is to think of other means to resolve conflict outside of war...

So ya...its a good thing...because war is a horrible thing...and this will remind us just what is at stake when we decide to go in.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I tried joining the army back in 1974.I had already passed
all my tests and found out I was pregnant.
I do wish your sister luck and pray she will be safe.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I will give you a fact---
Women are the easiest creatures on this planet to brainwash.
And that's why i love women.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have been speaking on here for years (most of my posts were deleted by a certain mod...no names) about feminism and how it's was destroying mankind and how the government was allowing them to do this so that they could take all of the men's jobs, put women in control of men by making almost every single manager in America and Canada a manager over the men. Men getting fired from jobs of a manager from 12-20 years, just so that a woman could fill a quota.

Notice that I have been quiet on here regarding feminism for a couple of months now. It's because I knew they would eventually hang themselves. It wasn't for the feminists that I ranted, it was so the men would wake up and stop letting the women seduce them out of everything. Well we have true equality finally. Women will now die with the men....nothing else to take!

Truly I weep for women as they now have entangled themselves in a nest of thorns they can never get out of and for the women who didn't agree with feminism, I personally honor you and am sorry that those strong willed, beastly, she-men have ruined it for you all. No more peace and quiet, no more snuggling with children, no more washing dishes for 20 minutes and then spending the rest of the night trying to convince your husband how hard you worked all day on the dishes and no more excuses.

The train the women have been riding on all this time was called the "illusion of equality" and was fueled by an agenda-compelled government who wanted to debase, demoralize, humiliate and emasculate all men so while the NWO was taking over....the men would be more woman than the women. Metro-sexuality was born. Most men are hardly men anymore, they will not stand up to a woman, they just put up with her crap for fear of not getting to the forbidden fruit, WHICH THEY USUALLY DON'T GET ANYWAY!.

So, good luck women...hope you love the fighting as much as we do. Only we will not get raped multiple times before we get killed. I told you feminists that the same government that helped you would turn on you and gnash you to pieces once finished using you to down-trod men. I know that sounds calloused, it is a bitter pill to swallow but you feminists have ruined it for all women from here on out. You have made it harder on my 2 daughters who I have raised to respect men as true equals...not as wallets that they can empty by using the courts to steal the children of men so they may control said men....just to use the children to further squeeze men for cash just because the government affords you the right to and not men. Bleeding a poor man that you once called a husband, only to lead him by his nostrils into court continually, just for your own selfish greed and vindictiveness. Pick up a rifle and let's go, you begged for it. [ How smart are you guys?]
edit on 16-5-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Well as a woman who spent six years in the military I can tell you that though women are not in officially named combat jobs such as infantry, they are still in combat. Many women in my unit were deployed as security forces, working alongside their brother airman and soldiers on patrol. A close friend of mine who crossed to the "dark side" and became an officer was the commander of a convoy unit in Afghanistan (her husband was infantry) and was shot at on a daily basis.

So, to any man or woman who says that women can not handle being in the military or combat are: 1 probably not no ever have been in the military, 2 do not know what they are speaking about. 3. If women in places such as Israel are good enough to fight then why not American women? I truly believe that if a war happens on soil than many of the people against women being in the military or combat will change their minds very quickly. Honestly, if you are in the combat with your life and the lives of others on the line, you will care whether or not the person next to you has a vagina or a penis.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Like any job, calling, or career choice, it should be something you 'want' to do. If a woman really wants to be in the service because she feels this is what she has wanted to do her entire life, then she should do just that. She will probably be extremely good and efficient at her duties because she feels called to do it. I believe the same applies to a man. Should he feel a calling to a branch of the service thats what he should do and will be outstanding. Having a group lump all females or men into a group because thats what they want is wrong. All female libers should just simply speak for themselves, not all females. It would be wrong and dangerous for all women to be inducted into one of our armed branches because they just aren't cut from that mold. I would not want to have me as a backup but I do know some females that I would totally trust. Same goes for men. Not all men would make me feel safe but there are some who would be more than capable.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by leelo

Well as a woman who spent six years in the military I can tell you that though women are not in officially named combat jobs such as infantry, they are still in combat. Many women in my unit were deployed as security forces, working alongside their brother airman and soldiers on patrol. A close friend of mine who crossed to the "dark side" and became an officer was the commander of a convoy unit in Afghanistan (her husband was infantry) and was shot at on a daily basis.

So, to any man or woman who says that women can not handle being in the military or combat are: 1 probably not no ever have been in the military, 2 do not know what they are speaking about. 3. If women in places such as Israel are good enough to fight then why not American women? I truly believe that if a war happens on soil than many of the people against women being in the military or combat will change their minds very quickly. Honestly, if you are in the combat with your life and the lives of others on the line, you will care whether or not the person next to you has a vagina or a penis.

I was in the military myself and I have a slightly different view of how women operate in the military. Most were lazy, got the boys to do all their work for them and used men for everything they could including, but not limited to, getting pregnant just to get out of the military and what a bonus to "trap" a guy who is still in the military for a steady flow of disposable cash at his expense. When out of the military they then sue the guy for child support and sometimes even get alimony. This is what I saw all the years I was in. Very few were actually as YOU speak. In a war 90% of the women would run the first snap of a bullet by their heads. They would cry and go psychologically mental and beg every man there for protection. These stupid men will do it too, That's the part I'll never understand. I would throw her right to the front lines of battle, give her an M-16 A2/M203 and say "accept your death like a real man".
edit on 16-5-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Roman soldiers got a good taste of how well a woman could wield a sword, and fight, during the campaign in Europe 2000 years ago. They not only respected their female enemy, but said the Celtic women were particularly vicious.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Klassified because: word

Who? Boudicca? Who defeated an unprepared and unaware ninth legion and then committed suicide because she was completely trashed by suetonius when he thought "it was enough of that spoiled woman"?

Only poets and scribes speak of the "fear of boudicca"... like they wrote about the fear of that idiot annibal. Both ended when the empire "decided it was enough".

But thats ok... they want equality, I say let them fight. - Woman are not fit for war anyway. But let them have a shot... they have to stick their nose in everything a man does anyway... soon they'll get tired of their little games and walk away.

Not even Cleopatra really knew what she was getting into when she tried to "play games" with the big boys... look how she ended up. From Boudicca to Mata Hari, going through Cleopatra, Arachidamia, and even Jeanne d'Arc... they all have two things in common: they did too little for their great fame, and that fame came from the fact that they were the only ones, not because they've achieved something really important (its really easy to play big when you're the only one around) - and second thing in common is... well... they all ended the same way.

We're not talking about Lara Croft or Xena the Warrior Princess - this is wishful thinking - reality is pretty grim.

What bothers me is the fate of mankind. If men fight, and women fight... whos left to assure the continuity of our species? The cats? (since dogs are used in warfare)

Cats will inherit the world due to the ignorance of men and the stupidity and utter blindness of women disguised as "pride and independence".

Soon they'll regret burning all those bras...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

No one is a afraid of a woman being a leader. If that were true there would be no woman politicians elected to office.

If the battle came down to hand to hand combo, the opposing male army would win 99% of the time.. Women are not built for fighting.

edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

If we were still fighting with swords and spears you might have a point......In modern warfare, I don't think hand to hand combat really comes up that often.

Then again...You might not have that much of a point after all.

David Anthony notes, "About 20% of Scythian-Sarmatian "warrior graves" on the lower Don and lower Volga contained females dressed for battle as if they were men, a phenomenon that probably inspired the Greek tales about the Amazons.
SOURCE

edit on 16-5-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: I was fixing something or making it better somehow for some reason or another.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Those of us wired this way are very spacific predators.I have yet to see any biker chick,body builder or athlete who, like us, are bred killers.That is the job.Most who join for school are not what I am talking about.Criminals, usually if they can't get over themselves, are lousy troops.They don't follow dangerous orders that puts them in harms way,that is a break down in a squad level that causes death.If you joined for money and you aren't a killer you are coming back crazy from guilt.On some level we all do
If you won't kill,you hesitate,feel and die.
Time will tell.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol

Originally posted by Klassified
Roman soldiers got a good taste of how well a woman could wield a sword, and fight, during the campaign in Europe 2000 years ago. They not only respected their female enemy, but said the Celtic women were particularly vicious.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Klassified because: word

Who? Boudicca? Who defeated an unprepared and unaware ninth legion and then committed suicide because she was completely trashed by suetonius when he thought "it was enough of that spoiled woman"?

Only poets and scribes speak of the "fear of boudicca"... like they wrote about the fear of that idiot annibal. Both ended when the empire "decided it was enough".

First of all these writings like many roman accounts are notorious for their propaganda Who knows what happened to Bodicca. Remember the romans were notorious for dressing their own people in garbs of their enemies and parading them around and claiming they were captives.

Further there is a wealth of documented evidence both written and archaeological that shows the Celtic/ Scythian women joined the men in battle and were noted as being ferocious warriors like the men. Which proves if a culture expects women to fight they can and will.

"A whole troop of foreigners would not withstand a single Celt if he called his wife to his assistance. The wife is even more formidable. She is usually very strong. She begins to strike blows mingled with kicks as if they were missiles from a catapult...The voices of these women are formidable and threatening, even when they're being friendly."
A Roman observer"

"The women of the Celtic tribes are bigger and stronger than our Roman women. This is most likely due to their natures as well as their peculiar fondness for all things martial and robust.
The flaxen haired maidens of the north are trained in sports and war while our gentle ladies are content to do their womanly duties and thus are less powerful than most young girls from Gaul and the hinterlands."

"A Celtic woman is often the equal of any Roman man in hand-to-hand combat. She is as beautiful as she is strong. Her body is comely but fierce. The physiques of our Roman women pale in comparison."

asengland.blogspot.com...
edit on 16-5-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Lol, America is gonna be the Sparta from 300 pretty soon.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Hey the women want equality, give it to them but I do not want to hear one peep out of them. There are just some things guys are better at, and some women are better at. They work best as a team, night and day, male and female. Opposites that work best when married. Women do not even have the same rigorous training standards that men do in the military.

I am guessing you never heard about the Soviet Snipers of WW2. Either way explain in detail how women are less capable. Really I am very amused to hear this.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
A lot of thinly disguised woman hate on this thread, lol. Some of it even makes me wonder if some of the speakers have any contact with real women at all other than when mom hands them their laundry basket of fresh clothes for the week. Heaven forbid that someone decide to defy convention and choose a station that isnt deemed "socially acceptable" Is it that people think girls wont be able to handle those symbolic d*cks (guns, bullets, missiles, bayonets) as well as the big boys? After all...what does a chick know about penis envy? Can America claim biggest d*ck in the sandbox with all those girls and queers running around on the front lines?!?! What would the rest of the world think?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I've lol'd at the amount of sexism in this thread.

Probably none of them would think themselves sexist either.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Please.

America will never measure up to Sparta. We'll never die out because of our own ferocity and strength(as the Spartans did). We'll die out of our own Apathy and Weakness.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If a woman can pass the same testing procedures that a man can (hell, some men can't even pass them!), then give them the gear, and send them on to the front line. I have no problem with a woman serving in a frontline Infantry unit.

I would actually really like to see how many women would pass the Special Air Service Selection Course and training. Would be interesting to see if they could beat the 7-10% pass rate that men currently have. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I truly would like to see if the women could top the men when it comes to it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I want to see if they shave their heads for RIP school.Can you imagine the swamp portion of selection with normal female length hair?
My wife IS a real woman,my ex was a very crazy woman from Korea who knew Tie Kwan Do who and was very real.Didn't like my adopted mom.She tried games with emotions,aggravating.
I'm biased from having been in combat,nothing as prosaic as my concern over my ego or how I'm seen by others(who gives a s##t about that and has any brains anyway)Can she carry my wounded,can she stand there when we're being rushed and hold them off with a 240G so I can call in a strike.That is all that matters here. Can she fight with us and like us,because that bar is a high one for normal men.And the pay off is nonexistant other than that is who you are from now on.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Heck yes. time to get in shape for RANGERRR SCHOOOLLLLLL!
I always told my friends that as soon as they allow women in combat, I'm going in. XD

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join