It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women combat now true,guess who can be drafted?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Oh that's smart...lets combat evil with being evil (In reference to sending children of those who vote for war).

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is somewhat off topic but I do truly believe that prisoners need to be sent into a special military group. You want to change these prisoners around then what better than threaten them with a nice overseas trip to Afghanistan.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ya and you would never exist without your mother. Got some mouth on you, have some respect for women. Damn..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wait... Didnt they already allow women on the front lines?
Oh, never mind, that was the gays.. sometimes the two confuse me

jk jk

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here is my take with women in the military. I don't care either way. Personally, if it's something they want to do, great. However, there should NOT be 2 types of pushups, or a shorter distance to run for tests, etc when it comes to physical training. Secondly, the male and female biology is different. Men don't have "that time of the month", and men can't get pregnant. This is a bit of a sore subject for me, because I saw a lot of good male sailors lose out on shore billets because an enlisted woman got pregnant. It was amazing how easy it was to predict ship's movement for a resupply ship, because the NCO club was full of enlisted women wanting to get their legs up in the air, so they could get knocked up and not have to go to sea. This, in turn, would eliminate a shore position for a guy that may have done 3 tours already and finally got that "office job", but now can't because little Missy went and got pregnant.

Here's what I would propose. All personnel who have eye problems are issued glasses (affectionately known as BCD's). Women should be put on birth control during their enlistment. And, if they want to get pregnant, they'd have to submit a chit for approval. This would serve 2 purposes. With gays being able to openly serve (which I have no problem with either), I don't think there is ANY need for gender specific sleeping or showering areas. If a gay male can shower next to a straight male, then a straight female should have no problem showering next to a straight male...and if something happens, there's no risk of her getting pregnant.

For combat roles, if she can carry the gun, gear, and keep up, then let her fight! If she can't, then she doesn't make the cut and fails out. Under no circumstances should the physical standards be reduced to accommodate her.

So, in short, it's like this. Let them serve, but no special treatment. Forced birth control to eliminate them missing deployment. No special living conditions...everyone lives together. You do the job, you're good to go. You don't, you're out....just like a man.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Women have been involved with combat, war, espionage since the dawn of time.

Women have been proven as better sharpshooters on average. Plus, they're often overlooked when it comes to searching for the culprit behind an assassination, gathering of intel....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Men and women are not equal because we are different. Both excel at different things. That does not make one better than the other. I am really tired of this "battle" of the sexes crap.

Even though i believe we are different... i do not have a problem with equality...

except women want equality only when it is convenient and they want to be a woman when it is convenient.. pretty much nullifying any drawbacks from both sides of the spectrum

that is garbage.

suit those women up take their pink little combat boots away and bring on the pain .
edit on 16-5-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well Mr Wendal all I can say is, you should hold the door for anyone if you happen to get to the door first. If "your" lady wants you to open the door for her then I say go for it. You get points for being nice and she appreciates you. If you feel compelled to open the door for every lady, thats you feeling either protective or patronizing, I hold the door if I get their first. If its a big door or heavy door and I cannot open it I wait for help from a stronger person, not necessarilly a man.
Men have cards they play in certain situations too. No one is beyond manipulating at some time in their lives. Its what we do to get ourselves ahead. It certainly is not just a trait of women.

It will take a few generations before the message ingrained into the minds of women is irradicated. The message that says we are less. We do this ourselves and we have this done to us too. Old ideas need to be updated and news ideas need to be adopted. It needs to start with the messages we give our own daughters as they are growing up. Handing her a doll is telling her her role is mother and care giver. Give her a breifcase and she makes her own rules. ( which could include being a mother and care giver but her choice. )

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by doobydoll
I would never enlist and go into combat.

I mean, it would just ruin my nails, and where would I plug my hairdryer in?

Yeah man, that helps.

yeah well I'm not one of those women who like to do 'men stuff'. Each to their own if that's what they want to do, go for it

Anyway, I reckon it's men who need equality, not women.
edit on 15-5-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

But you are one of those people who define activities as ok for males or not ok for females. ( as in Men stuff) Thanks, Its the 1700's for you. You must not pass go, you must not collect 200.00 and you must not vote or have a say in what the world affords you. That will be decided for you by the men in your life. Oh and you are property too. Like the house, the land, the car.
edit on 16-5-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by karen61057

So you value money over your life?

That is what you got out of my post? Shakes her head, yeah it figures.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
that's one way to decrease the population!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

They have a right to die fighting for their country just like we do. Besides well need all the people we can get if the draft actually comes, because we'll be fighting big countries like China Russia so why complain about it.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If thay want to do it let tham when the bullets come bye thay will cry. not all of them i have meet some tough ass bitches who are stronger and better men. but most wont last and beg to be moved

LOT

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by MrWendal

Well Mr Wendal all I can say is, you should hold the door for anyone if you happen to get to the door first. If "your" lady wants you to open the door for her then I say go for it. You get points for being nice and she appreciates you. If you feel compelled to open the door for every lady, thats you feeling either protective or patronizing, I hold the door if I get their first. If its a big door or heavy door and I cannot open it I wait for help from a stronger person, not necessarilly a man.
Men have cards they play in certain situations too. No one is beyond manipulating at some time in their lives. Its what we do to get ourselves ahead. It certainly is not just a trait of women.

It will take a few generations before the message ingrained into the minds of women is irradicated. The message that says we are less. We do this ourselves and we have this done to us too. Old ideas need to be updated and news ideas need to be adopted. It needs to start with the messages we give our own daughters as they are growing up.

I love the double standard...

First of all, I do hold the door open for any lady. There is nothing protective or patronizing about it. That is your own insecurities showing through. What you call patronizing or protective, I call being polite. Would it shock you to know that I also hold the door open for Men as well? Of course some women would view my actions just as you have here, instead of seeing it for what it really is... being polite.

What are these cards men play? I would love to know about them. I have never seen a man show some cleavage to get out of a speeding ticket. I have never seen a man the delicate flower role to get out of doing some heavy lifting. Any idea how many women say taking out the trash or mowing the lawn are a "man's job"? Men manipulate situations, just like every human on earth, but I have never seen a man use his sexuality to get his way. Unless of course he is a male stripper, but let's face it, not every guy has 6 pack abs and rippling muscles.

Let us look at women and dating. There is no shortage of women who's first question they ask themselves when dating a man is, "How well can he provide for ME". It is not how does he treat me, does he respect me, it is how much is in his bank account, what kind of job does he have, what kind of future can he build for me. Then they play the victim when their selfish ways come back to bite them on the backside when it does not work out. This is not to say that the roles in some cases are reversed, because they have. However it is rather disproportionately.

Handing her a doll is telling her her role is mother and care giver. Give her a breifcase and she makes her own rules. ( which could include being a mother and care giver but her choice. )

I love this statement. Not only is it unbelievably flawed but it is the ultimate in double standards. First off, what makes you think Men make the rules because they have a briefcase? Guess what... we don't. We are still working for someone else who makes the rules. Secondly, why is it just the choice of the women in which role she chooses to fulfill. Men do not have such a choice. If I could stay home, clean house, watch the kids, get them off to school and play house boy.. I would do it in a New York minute. Men have no such choice. Society, and women, expect men to work. Men have no other option. If a man chooses to stay home and be domestic, well good luck finding a women to support you while you do it.

Oh but women have a choice, they have this choice because they have a vagina and are therefor more special then a person who does not have a vagina. Give me a break

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say on this matter is give women a chance why not?

But I have to say men and the stronger sex just take the Olympic games The 100 meter sprint men's record is

9.58 seconds the womans is 10.49 seconds......

Same with let's say javelin men's record is 98.48 meters woman's is 72.28 meters

I would love to see a mixed gender boxing fight or MMA

And before I get hassle for this post I'm not saying all men are stronger then all women!

1 last thing I love my mummy

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
Men are better at some things plain and simple. They are stronger and faster. I'm not saying every man is stronger and faster than ever woman, but the job should go to the most qualified. IMO, as far as the military goes, man is usually more qualified.

edit on 15-5-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

Well I'm sure that former soviet female military personnel would have something to say about that! world war 2 spawned ,for example,many female fighter and tank busting Shturmovik aces,as well as some very brave tank crew members.Unfortunately, after the collapse of the Soviet Union ,men reverted to type in some of the asian republics i.e Kazkhstan and particularly Uzbekistan and tried to class women as second class citizens.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by RSF77
The fact of the matter is that women introduce a sexual and emotional dynamic into a highly disciplined area. Men will break apart and in-fighting will ensue among a team that is supposed to be highly unified. This just does NOT work, not with the military, not on a construction crew, not anywhere. This is why there are certain hard jobs that for the most part only men do.

Do you have anything to prove this actually happens ? Personally as a man i find it offensive that its being presumed we cant remained focused because theres a woman in the room.

edit on 15-5-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

No, it's my own opinion from experience and also the opinion of many others I know. It is pretty much a fact, you are probably just more humble than most people, probably smarter too.

Women are sensitive so if I would have worded that in a different way, they would be making long arguments I would have to respond to.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Hey the women want equality, give it to them but I do not want to hear one peep out of them. There are just some things guys are better at, and some women are better at. They work best as a team, night and day, male and female. Opposites that work best when married. Women do not even have the same rigorous training standards that men do in the military.

I don't care if I get kicked off of ATS forever.

# you and this entire thread. It is bull#.

You are an ignorant fool for saying this and I have no respect for you or the OP of this thread.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hey the women want equality, give it to them but I do not want to hear one peep out of them. There are just some things guys are better at, and some women are better at. They work best as a team, night and day, male and female. Opposites that work best when married. Women do not even have the same rigorous training standards that men do in the military.

Another Dumb comment by someone. You obviously fail to understand what women were fighting for when it comes to equality. You have failed on every level to realize the hardships women have had to endure.

And for someone with that village people tash to make this sort of comment, makes me think that you are one of the type of men who like control a woman and like to dominate as you THINK you are better. Obviously, you are the type to beat women/wife with an attitude like that. Saying you don't want to hear a peep? Small man syndrome!! But maybe you just hate women because you like men....going by the tash!!!

And by the way...you little slogan about the hunt and kill....you couldn't be more WRONG!!

Hunting an IRA terrorist was fun in 1997...but the kill...is so sweet its almost like meeting Lucifer himself!!!
Hunting a pedophile is not fun...but jailing them indefinitely surely is!!
Hunting for your food is NOT as much fun when hungry, but killing it knowing you will be eating soon IS!!
Most serial killers prefer the KILL than the HUNT!!

edit on 16-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

I don't care if I get kicked off of ATS forever.

# you and this entire thread. It is bull#.

You are an ignorant fool for saying this and I have no respect for you or the OP of this thread.

Lmao..^^^This is the reason its a bad idea^^^ You put a woman on the front lines with a gun in her hand and shes having "that time of the month" , like the poster above, shes libel to go postal on the wrong troops

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join