It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women combat now true,guess who can be drafted?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This really isn't that big a deal. It's about time everyone caught up with other countries where women are used for combat. There really isn't anything that can justifiably prevent them from fighting too.

Sun Tzu´s Art of War teaches that in war, everyone is useful.

edit on 16-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: fix

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We don't need women distracting men in a combat zone.

Nature is nature.

Also, could you imagine the fun time the enemy would have if they caught some lovely young females?

I can.

It isn't pretty.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I wonder if Obama would mind if his daughters were drafted?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Look, II'm all for woman having equality, but women should not be on the front line.

The bottom line is, women are physically inferior to men. Now you may argue there are exceptions, which there undoubtedly is, but for the most part, men are physically superior.

Lets look at my school. Say for some strange reason all the guys and girls in my school were armed with weapons and told they had to eliminate the opposite sex.

If we ignore the fact that most guys would refuse to do it, then I can guarantee that men would win because of our physical superiority and dominance.

Now lets move onto a real example. Look at the Spartans. They are perhaps the best fighting force the world has ever known... They were all male while the women were the politicans and such back home.

If women had been allowed to fight in WW2 then the population would not only have been much lower, it would have taken much longer for it to rise again.

I'm sorry but women have no place on the front lines of war in my opinion.

In most cases men are superior and women would only serve as a distraction to men on the front lines, be it sexually or having to be rescued.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am reminded of a news story I read long ago about an Israely tank crew, one of which was female, some how the 'girl' got herself injured, the tank was okay but became a 'battle casualty' because the male crew members would not leave the female to be picked up by the medics...................

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wig the risk of sounding sexist I will give my opinion. Please note that this is my personal opinion and I am not in any way speaking on behalf of the United States Marine Corps or trying to influence your opinion in any way. Women do not have to worry about the draft. With the downsizing a draft will not be necessary most likely ever again. Thhere are enough active duty, active reserve and inactive reserve forces for any mission. As far as women in combat, they have been doing this for a long time with the female engagement teams and everything but I do not believe that the majority of women have the physical ability to uphold a combat mos(military occupational specialty).

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Don't be stupid, it's already been tested and doesn't work, you have a vagina that's prone to infection in the field!
That mean's if you get dirty your combat ineffective!

P.S. I'm not bashing women, I would love for you to take over in the combat arena, I'm tired of getting shot at!
flame away!
edit on 16-5-2012 by SmertSpionam1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It would seem some people are forgetting one of the worst sides of this. Like the OP pointed out, women are going to be in the same situations as the men, for the same loooong periods of time. Anyone with military experience should know how men get. I'm sure there'll be a significant rise of relationships, RAPES, etc. I have a feeling once a pregnant woman dies on the front lines (You can't say "well they'd just pull her out of the action if she was pregnant. Scenarios WILL happen when they are unaware) they might rethink this. I'm all for women's rights, but there IS a line, albeit thin, where it should stop. Men can't produce our future generations.

All of that is being said IF they allow women as 13C or any other type of infantry, and as the site states, as of right now it's only 2 new armory technician positions that are being opened for females.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I never asked for this. Please don't group women's rights and equality with men's wars.
I am perfectly happy in the kitchen and home, teaching my children, cooking and cleaning. I just ask that the man uphold his role as provider and husband and cares for his family. And if I am forced to be in a position to provide for my family (which I had to do for years) then I need to be paid an equal pay for the same work. I also would like the right to vote (although with voter fraud, who knows what that means anymore?) I also do like to be able to attend school. These are basic fundamental rights.
I do not want to fight in wars. I do not want to be in hand to hand combat with men.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Do you actually think they are allowing women in combat because of the liberal women begging for it?

Not at all, if a man get's shot or imprisoned, then it's just a casualty of war, but if a woman does, then it's a great way for the media to use it as a way to justify the war.

Thousands of men have been captured and killed in this non war, but only a handful of women have, yet who does the media talk more about.

Jessica Lynch, is a great example. it's all the media talked about for months, but what about the men who were captured with her, some of which still remain missing.

I have no problem with women in the military fighting, but fact is our government isn't doing this for the good of women, they are doing it as a propaganda tool.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Well, good.

Women have been wanting equality since Sadie Hawkins asked out Moses to the prom.

If they can do the job then great.

Equality. A beautiful thing.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As an infantry commander I absolutely hate this idea and never want a woman in my unit..

The word liability springs to mind..

No thanks

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How about this: we just eliminate the draft entirely.

I mean, if we're going to war - and it's a just war, we'll have no problem getting volunteers to fight. What's the point of a draft then?

Oh yeah, for when our ''representatives'' in D.C. want to use us as pawns in their global chess game as they like to do every now and then.

Originally posted by EvanB
As an infantry commander I absolutely hate this idea and never want a woman in my unit..

The word liability springs to mind..

No thanks

Come now, don't hold back; tell us how you really feel...jeez

If a woman can match the same set of requirements as a man to fill a given job, why shouldn't they be allowed into said job?
edit on 16-5-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I vote no more wars.
edit on 16-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
By and large people that have power and money don't have to see their kid come back in a coffin with a flag draped over it.

War is terrorism on a bigger budget.

It's a big Chess game the elite corporations, bankers and oilmen instigate and use the poor man's kids as pawns.

When is humanity going to grow up?

I say we send over the kids whose parents vote for these wars and leave the rest of us alone.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

I do not know any woman who could carry a full 100lb+ battle load on a 30 mile advance to contact then have to dig a trench at the end of that..

For those who do not know what a 30 mile advance to contact is; that is 30 miles of fighting enemy positions then having to dig in at the end of that.. And for those who do not know what that is.. Try that alone.. Dig a stage 3 trench in your backyard!..

Climb a rope in full kit with the additional weight..

Then you have the inter relationship issues that occur between men and women.. Then of course their is the health factor i.e. if resupply is unavailable for a woman who is on her period. Feminine hygiene will go to hell which could create serious health problems, and give away our position if the enemy has dogs out..

There are more reasons that I cannot be bothered to list

But my main one is that I love women.. There is no way I want those beautiful eyes and hearts desecrated by war.. I dont want to bury a woman.. They are our mothers, daughters and its a MANS job to keep them safe..

May sound old fashioned.. But I dont care

edit on 16-5-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If women can DO the job then they should be allowed to do so.

If the men don't have the discipline, honour, duty to keep it in their pants, they THEY are the ones that don't belong.

Just my humble opinion.

hua

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by headorheart

So if something is not true 100 % of the time how can it be true at all.
No dear you just want to believe that there are things that a man can do better. Name something please, anything at all. And tell us why. Show your work.

The fastest person in the world is and always has been a man, currently:
The current men's world record of 9.58 s is held by Usain Bolt of Jamaica, set at the 2009 World Athletics Championships final on 16 August 2009.
The current women's world record of 10.49 s was set by Florence Griffith-Joyner of the USA, in Indianapolis, Indiana, on 16 July 1988.(steriods)

Do not really care but you asked.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Bottom line - The decision for whether or not I go to war is MINE, NOT yours.

When war comes to your street that is the case. Until then who, when and how we go to war are decisions best made by the electorate.
However, once the decision has been made it should be up the professional soldiers who have experience leading units in war.

The reason these professionals make these choices is because as Soldiers, they do what is best for the organization not choices to make individuals feel better about themselves, to contrive a social experiment or to be “politically correct”. That is why we don’t elect our Generals. So they can do what is right and best without having to pander to the individual.

Politicians have been meddling too long in the affairs of the profession of arms – the decisions on how to staff and run a fighting force are best left to those who are professional soldiers.

This is the very difference between a civilian and the veteran – a veteran has made the choice to place the good of the group over his own well being. He/she, knows what it is like to subordinate his will and desire to the leaders in a unit to accomplish the mission at hand.

Bottom line it is not about what might make a few individuals happy or makes them feel “included” or whatever politically correct clap trap the goal of the “oppressed” group de jour might be.

It is the best and most efficient way to accomplish the mission – this includes not making unnecessary complications in the logistic system or to add more stress to the already stressful conduct of war. You don't make something more complicated for the majority of the fighting force to pacify the few women who might make it through the same training. Especially, in the name of political correctness!

Bottom line the prosecution of war and the make-up of the units who will do it should be done by professional soldiers who know what is at stake not politicians trying to get more votes by pandering to the feel good ideas of the uninformed masses.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join