It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking New Oil Propaganda Plan to Fool Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You can't get rid of oil every manufacturer pays the government via taxes and leases contrary to popular belief then add the fact via the gasoline sales tax the government is making between 7 and 14 billion dollars of gas each and every day which adds up to trillions in tax revenue.

They would have to implement something like a kilowatt per hour tax to match the tax revenue they make off oil alternative energy has been around since the space program what over 50 years?

And it's still not competitive with oil something is rotten in denmark somewhere.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Don't worry.. Neo has this thing for Soros.

Soros is behind literally everything.

I can't load it on my phone.. how exactly are they going to convince people to go with oil over wind or whatever?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
Well one reason i oppose wind farms is due to what i think the effect of too many being built would be, like; ruining wind patterns, weakening water currents, heating the planet faster, destroying agriculture, causing droughts, concentrating pollution and the effects of more widespread magnetic fields than we already have(like destroying migratory patterns, radiation poisoning, cancer, etc).
Personally i feel that wind power is more dangerous than coal, oil and nuclear power combined.

Is it possible no one told you about this?
Really, wind is more dangerous??
Please quantify.

Fukushima Accident 2011
www.world-nuclear.org/info/fukushima_accident_inf129.html

Apr 27, 2012 ... Following a major earthquake, a 15-metre tsunami disabled the power supply and cooling of three Fukushima Daiichi reactors, causing a ...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by namehere
Well one reason i oppose wind farms is due to what i think the effect of too many being built would be, like; ruining wind patterns, weakening water currents, heating the planet faster, destroying agriculture, causing droughts, concentrating pollution and the effects of more widespread magnetic fields than we already have(like destroying migratory patterns, radiation poisoning, cancer, etc).
Personally i feel that wind power is more dangerous than coal, oil and nuclear power combined.

Is it possible no one told you about this?
Really, wind is more dangerous??
Please quantify.

Fukushima Accident 2011
www.world-nuclear.org/info/fukushima_accident_inf129.html

Apr 27, 2012 ... Following a major earthquake, a 15-metre tsunami disabled the power supply and cooling of three Fukushima Daiichi reactors, causing a ...

Not to mention namehere didn't cite anything to base his argument on.

Wind farms are usually placed in places where there is nothing to be harmed nearby. No trees, no agriculture, water currents would probably be effected from hydro-electric dams, not wind farms, and the radiation poisoning seems way too far out there, I don't even want to touch it.

Oh...he said water patterns. I don't look close enough at water to see patterns in it, usually just drink it.

Would it concentrate pollution by not having any around and leaving it to big cities?

Then put wind farms atop the buildings of Chicago, where it's as windy as...well...Chicago.

I think there's a reason there's a "Peak Oil" thread here. It's because it WILL disappear someday, and if some people don't want to have a back-up plan already tested and operational by that time then that is all up to them.

I, for one, don't want to be caught without a renewable energy source once we run out of oil.

And if we don't even think about the environmental implications of using all of that oil, just the fact that it will run out, even refuglicans can get behind it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Interior Looks to Expand Permits for Killing Bald Eagles to Accommodate Wind Energy

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, a division of the Interior Department, is considering loosening regulations on the killing of bald eagles, the national bird of the United States, to accommodate the development of wind energy sources.

A draft regulation first filed in April would allow businesses to apply for 30-year permits allowing them to kill bald eagles in the course of other legal activities. The length of those permits would be a six-fold increase over the five-year window allowed under current law.

blog.heritage.org...

Cough
Cough
Bullcrap

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The entire ball of wax, no matter which way you go will be dominated by the creeps special interests put in office.
Folks have been silenced from demonstrating against nuclear (actually anything that may benefit them) and they are ignorant about oil as proven by their total lazy miss use of it.

Freedom of assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_assembly - Similarto Freedom of assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States constitution explicitly provides for 'the right of the people ... The freedom of assembly is written about in the following human rights instruments: ....

Solar and wind will be plentyful when Goldman and other Banksters are prepared to SELL it to the dummies that should already be using it on their own (economically).

Feds Offer First Solar $3.7 Billion To Build ... - Energy ...
www.energydelta.org/mainmenu/ediaal/news/feds-offer-first-solar-37-billion-...

Feds Offer First Solar $3.7 Billion To Build California Power Plants. ... First Solar's 290-megawatt Agua Caliente solar farm in Arizona and the company has ... led by Goldman Sachs and Citibank will provide First Solar to build Desert
Sunlight, ..

You need to get your own Natural Energy systems installed before they find a way to tax the sun and air.
Cheers ljb

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hi neo
Could that dude be serious?
Save the birds. Keep KILLING Japanese and US and North Sea Platform workers.
Forget about Alaskan and Gulf of Mexico WILDLIFE disasters.
Total ignorance right here on ATS
holy crap ljb

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

The church of climatology is always serious

Serious as a LOLZ cat.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Even as an american i understand its not difficult to fool americans. Americans will most likely follow regardless of the bs they are fed. Society has ruined americans they have easily adapted to accepting rather then exercising the power of the people as a whole. you could tell the americans that we will provide energy from burning turds and it will cause everything to stink most americans will gladly reply with better buy some lysol.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Hi ano,
Just for the record.
You should not have to worry about running out of oil. The earth manufactures it.
The fossil fuel stuff is just baloney.
What you need to worry about is the extensive manipulation of the Earths crust.
Drilling, pumping and fracking idiocy. And the EMISSIONS.
WHY do floks forget these---

Air Pollution Emissions Overview | Air Quality Planning & ...
www.epa.gov/oaqps001/emissns.html

Emissions is the term used to describe the gases and particles which are put into the air or emitted by ... The amounts and types of emissions change every year.
Err Cheers ljb

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Funny how all the renewable energy DEM’s won’t let a wind farm anywhere near their towns. Climate Tard’s fail to take into account the mass carbon releasing from volcanos. DUH… Last I looked all my vehicles run off oil as does all farm equipment. The U.S. has more coal and NATGAS to last 300 years plus. And we could be off all foreign oil in 10 years using our own oil if we would just DO IT. Hey I’m all for alternative energy. I am actually going as much solar as I can but let’s face facts. OIL runs the world. Wind is not going to save us. Hmm... unless we were to place a wind farm on the steps of congress, and another at the EPA.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow....

In one thread you called climate change pure left wing propaganda, then you called environmentalists part of right wing ideology.

Okay.....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Actually missed the entire point of that post.

The methods used are fascist totalitarianism the leftists always claim to be right wing but when the reality is the left uses the same means.

The power given to the EPA by green legislation has eclipsed that of government as Rooselvet once said

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group,”

The EPA has become a private power that has become stronger than the state itself which is fascism and of course fascism is only a right wing characteristic.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StayAlert1

The government and lobby cry was we need foreign oil so we can save our reserves for defensive war purposes. +Ha ha. In th seventies it was Shortage and Embargo.
It's all a FARCE. Wake up, Stay alert.
cheers ljb

1973 oil crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis - Similarto 1973 oil crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With the U.S. actions seen as initiating the oil embargo and the long term ..... the latter never came into play, since the restrictions had been abolished by 1976.

Background - Arab oil embargo - Price controls and rationing

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

The unforgivable, anti-science corporate tycoons are at it again!!!

Yes, you guessed it, the Koch brothers are hatching even more cartoonishly sinister plans to discredit, of all things, RENEWABLE ENERGY??? Only billions of dollars can buy you the kind of propaganda efforts (via right-wing media and paid shills) that would convince average dupes to rail against renewable energy.

I HOPE people see through this. But if the whole climate skeptic "movement" is any sign, then here's yet another wildfire of stupidity that will have to be put out by scientists, intelligent people, and those who actually care about our world (instead of profits/ideology).

Please people, if you're reading this, don't believe their well-crafted propaganda, and don't say you weren't given a heads-up...

(NOTE: Strangely, the article page is loading a blank white page only moments after reading it. Hopefully it works for you and/or the problem gets corrected soon)

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is all probably true.
Are you surprised.
I think wind energy sucks for making electricity.

Solar and getting off the grid is how I'm going to do it.
Forget the rest of these fools, the sun won't run out.
Wind won't run out either, but even single people can put up solar panels. Compare that with how many people/dollars/companies it takes to build and put up and run a wind turbine

I'm all for "FREE" "renewable" and other non main stream energy, but I think wind energy is weak. I live in a town that has a wind turbine. You can see it from everywhere it's so dang big. It's not ugly like some people say, but it is only one. It's not a wind "farm" as it were...

Anyway, I think there are even better options according to everyone I know who deals in electronics. Engineers in my family point to other methods of creating potential energy gaps... Best way I know involves more than 3D...

I don't want to hate on wind power too much. It DOES work. It is better than a lot of what we are using, and it doesn't hurt us too bad. The problem is how weak it is. We would need SO MANY to power the USA it would be impossible.

I'm thinking Fusion,
OR
Something that uses atleast 5D physics...

Also if PEAK oil is true, do you guys not understand Americas game? We give them IOU's and they give us their OIL. Then when everyone runs out besides world Armies, We are sitting on a VAST resource pile. Hahaha, they keep "buying" our paper, like fools.
~Dusty

edit on 5/15/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Wind energy changes climate

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Wind energy changes climate

So does power plant melt down, chemtrails, contrails, cloud seeding, HAARP,
carbon emissions, hair dryers, air conditioners and farts.
edit on 5/15/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

How pathetic!

The best you can do is cite a HuffPo blog that relies upon suspicion and innuendo in the face of facts?

Wind energy has already been revealed to be a false god for the "green" faithful.

Where does the steel come from for the base and towers? That is NOT renewable.
Where does the concrete and rebar for the pad and platform come from? They are NOT renewable.
Where do the rare earth elements for the turbines and generators come from? They are NOT renewable.
Where do the back-up and storage entourage come from? They are NOT renewable.
What happens after 5 years, when the mechanisms of generation are worn out? They are NOT renewable.

What happens when the wind doesn't blow, or blows too fast?
The false belief in wind energy as a legitimate alternative is indicative of a narrow-minded focus on a faulty means to an unattainable end.

What a simplistic position for an unsupportable agenda!
jw

Lol, oh jeez...

Well I can actually give you THAT! But the fact remains... renewables are FAR FAR CLEANER and more preferable than fossil fuels, period. Ecologically speaking, mass petroleum consumption is one of the worst things to happen to this planet. Renewable energy WOULD indeed continue industrialization and exploitation of non-renewable resources, but in a fashion that's truly the molehill to the mountain of the fossil fuel industry. It's a no-brainer... so long as we have mass society, we should transition to renewables if we can. Ultimately, yes, we must decrease ALL CONSUMPTION greatly in order to become sustainable.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by HumansBeing

Let's see what i hate is within the last 3 years tax payer money is being given to green corporations because a certain group of people are going around screaming save the planet.

Tax credits,rebates and cash being paid corporations that is your money that is lining their pockets I do not support anyone who tells me i have to go buy anything whether or not is health insurance or solar panels or wind power.

They are nothing but pure fascists after all fascist is when the government and corporations merge.

Uhh, sorry, but green technologies are getting NOWHERE NEAR the government subsidies, kickbacks, loopholes, and general worship as fossil fuels. Yes, corporatism is bad, but a "bunch of people going around screaming save the planet" is one of the few good things the government can FINALLY LISTEN TO.
edit on 16-5-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by AaronWilson

Yeah all the cool technology in the world is meaningless if you don't have a job for go buy it.

Second.

The development and mass implementation of green technologies actually does create jobs. And with intelligently targeted government subsidies, it can actually create MANY MANY more jobs (both temporary and permanent) than that goddamned oil pipeline carrying that disgusting tar-sands oil from Canada.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join