It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking New Oil Propaganda Plan to Fool Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

How does it work then? Why isn't it being used the world over? Why is my grandparents land in Kentucky still raped by the coal industry on a daily basis?

Probably the same reason your tax dollars go to pay people not to farm,not to work, and windmill farms not to produce electricity.

PS my grandfather died from black lung.

Why is this page owned by a major fossil fuel company? How come every scientist involved got money from said fossil fuel industry?

Department of energy miss that?

I'm false because of a scientific IMPROVEMENT, not an original idea? That makes sense.

Should be an epiphany to those who say all China can do is imitate and duplicate.

Which is why science doesn't claim to know everything about everything, and why scientists LOVE being proved wrong, because it means something else to test.

All i have heard from the scientific community is it is there way or its the highway or if you prefer if your not with us your against us.

How Wall Street Drives Up Gas Prices: Ripping Us Off and Killing Jobs

Seriously come up with something better than the same recylced garbage that Americans have heard since the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

Okay? What's that got to do with this?

As the rest of the world develops resources re-allocate that puts a strain on everyone.

Again, say what?

How can anyone not understand that sheer increase of EPA and green legislation powers in the last 20 years?

Pure totalitarianism.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

What is hilarious is all the billion dollar loans coming from the Department of Energy to alternative energy that is gone bankrupt like those Solyndra CORPORATIONS.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, please explain why the use of photovaltaic cells over 22% efficiency are band. Also, why is it not feasible, nay probable that if we were allowed to use cells over 22%, we could not run soley on solar energy?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Bad for the simple fact of mass production that China has where they can make it cheaper than they can ever be made here.

Simple fact if it is costing you $100 bucks to make a product here and someone can make the very same product elsewhere for half the cost.

Case in point Solyndra.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The American Coallition for Clean Coal Electricity is one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the united states as of right now, for they have both GOP members and Dems in their pocket.

That's how lobbying works, they give kickbacks for legislation to be passed.

And without the EPA the words Clean Coal wouldn't even exist, water wouldn't be safe to drink, and every independent farmer would be out of a job, because our every fruit or vegetable would be grown on a Monsanto farm instead of just using Monsanto seeds...which in my opinion, means more regulation is required.

Even just by looking at the DOE website you gave me, their methods include nothing but capture and sequestration. It's not a "new technology" but trying to put a filter on what already exists. Clean coal is regular coal. It's really up to those plants that burn coal to put the filters on their smokestacks to capture or sequester (which opens up another can of untested worms) the CO2 emitted.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But isnt that good? Cheap goods, especially solar panels will eventually mean solar energy for the masses. That would actually help the use of a perfectly sound renewable energy resource.

Please explain in your own opinion what bad could come of that?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Not really going to argue that one as the size and power of government increases that money cow that finances their careers never ends.

The bigger government gets the bigger their slush funds get.

However as the EPA exist's right now is a bastardization of its original intent.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

How pathetic!

The best you can do is cite a HuffPo blog that relies upon suspicion and innuendo in the face of facts?

Wind energy has already been revealed to be a false god for the "green" faithful.

Where does the steel come from for the base and towers? That is NOT renewable.
Where does the concrete and rebar for the pad and platform come from? They are NOT renewable.
Where do the rare earth elements for the turbines and generators come from? They are NOT renewable.
Where do the back-up and storage entourage come from? They are NOT renewable.
What happens after 5 years, when the mechanisms of generation are worn out? They are NOT renewable.

What happens when the wind doesn't blow, or blows too fast?
The false belief in wind energy as a legitimate alternative is indicative of a narrow-minded focus on a faulty means to an unattainable end.

What a simplistic position for an unsupportable agenda!
jw

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

When you have 88 million Americans out of work or underemployed a 16 trillion dollar deficit a country where more people are consuming the wealth of others instead of generating there own.

No that is not good.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
We had Trump up in arms a couple weeks back here, for those that don't know - his latest golf course is right by an off-shore wind farm (North-east coast of Scotland) - Shouting down renewable energy at every opportunity. His opposition is every self thinking human being within shouting distance, he really is on his own.

edition.cnn.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why do you hate the idea of an unlimited resource used to produce energy? Do you work in the oil industry? You use an excuse that we (the US) are sitting on large amounts of tapped oil supplies. So what is so wrong with using solar and wind to power our country and selling that oil to other countries?

Furthermore, oil is a limited resource. So what is so bad about progressing the technology to move towards an energy of unlimited resource? I am not following your logic. Sure, we will always have plenty of oil until the day you die, but don't you care at all that some day some generation of Americans will be without?

Or maybe arguing with you is just a waste of time. I feel sorry for your limited imagination.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You're right, but how much of that would be used up as a commodity like oil?

I guess we should build a wind farm out of wind to make you happy.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh, your looknig at it from a financial stand point. I see now.

Thanks for the responses.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansBeing

Let's see what i hate is within the last 3 years tax payer money is being given to green corporations because a certain group of people are going around screaming save the planet.

Tax credits,rebates and cash being paid corporations that is your money that is lining their pockets I do not support anyone who tells me i have to go buy anything whether or not is health insurance or solar panels or wind power.

They are nothing but pure fascists after all fascist is when the government and corporations merge.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yeah all the cool technology in the world is meaningless if you don't have a job for go buy it.

Second.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know this is off topic but I find you, as a person (or your internet persona) to rather interesting. I would like to get to know a little bit more of the man behind "Neo".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Things will be changing in one direction or another with France and Japan curtailing their use of Nuclear.

lol - France isn't, and Japan's have been shut down for routine maintenance and not started - but you better bet they will be when the price of all that imported oil and coal they have to burn to replace the capacity starts biting!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I bet most of the people will just laugh at this, luckily though they unearth this news early, it's good to see some journalists are still fighting the good fight!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Try to find even ONE commercial wind farm that has made a profit without government subsidizing it! There AIN'T any, period.

Zindo

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Huffington Post hmm now doesn't Soros fund them?

Yep have to agree

Propaganda and the church of climatology all can take a long walk off a short pier.

I'm not suggesting getting rid of oil in the meantime, but would you really have anything against a joint strategy, perhaps incorporating both oil and wind?

Climate change fears aside, oil is a non-renewable resource. We're going to run out of it eventually, no matter what we do, so to me, looking for other ways that we can generate electricity before the oil runs out, is surely a good idea.
edit on 15-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join