It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking New Oil Propaganda Plan to Fool Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Shocking New Oil Propaganda Plan to Fool Americans

www.huffingtonpost.com

The Guardian has unearthed a shocking new propaganda plan intended to turn the American public against wind energy in the 2012 election cycle. The plan is to be deployed by a shadowy network of propaganda contractors like the disgraced Heartland Institute, who recently compared those who accept the mainstream science on climate change to mass murderers, and was prepared by a fellow of the American Tradition Institute (ATI), the same law-breaking group that is suing climate scientist...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.desmogblog.com...
shawnotto.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The unforgivable, anti-science corporate tycoons are at it again!!!

Yes, you guessed it, the Koch brothers are hatching even more cartoonishly sinister plans to discredit, of all things, RENEWABLE ENERGY??? Only billions of dollars can buy you the kind of propaganda efforts (via right-wing media and paid shills) that would convince average dupes to rail against renewable energy.

I HOPE people see through this. But if the whole climate skeptic "movement" is any sign, then here's yet another wildfire of stupidity that will have to be put out by scientists, intelligent people, and those who actually care about our world (instead of profits/ideology).

Please people, if you're reading this, don't believe their well-crafted propaganda, and don't say you weren't given a heads-up...

(NOTE: Strangely, the article page is loading a blank white page only moments after reading it. Hopefully it works for you and/or the problem gets corrected soon)

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Speaking of propaganda....................

+4 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Speaking of propaganda....................

Unacceptable response.

You fail.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Huffington Post hmm now doesn't Soros fund them?

Yep have to agree

Propaganda and the church of climatology all can take a long walk off a short pier.
edit on 15-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Huffington Post hmm now doesn't Soros fund them?

Yep have to agree

Propaganda and the church of climatology all can take a long walk off a short pier.

*facepalm*

Of course, YOU post here immediately.

Soros is one of the few billionaires who puts money into DECENT things. He certainly doesn't come anywhere close to controlling Huff Post, and the original article was put up by THE GUARDIAN and leaked documents.

So either PROVE THE ARTICLE WRONG or cease calling it propaganda.

Once again, it's funny when the world of science supports the theory of Anthropogenic Global Warming, while a handful of paid-off scientists (most of whom are not climatologists), the mainstream media, conspiracy theorists, and an army of common dupes (like yourself) decide it's some big impossible hoax... and YOU call Climatology a CHURCH? Everything I've researched/heard/read has proven to me that climate denial is far far closer to religion than the SCIENCE of Climatology and global warming.

Your responses are classic examples of the EXACT KIND OF PROPAGANDA this article has shown the fossil fuel industry guilty of.

And Neo... after countless threads/posts where you're proven completely wrong, you've never actually admitted defeat. You just move on to the next thread and rehash the same lies.

Who's payin you, man? I'd say come out with it... you'll feel a lot more liberated, and then you can actually call yourself Neo without being a total contradiction.

edit on 15-5-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Science has proven that the Us sits on the largest worlds known oil reserves and it has also proven that clean coal energy is far more cheaper than alternative energy at this point in time.

Science has also proven that China and India are the largest polluters in the world politics has helped in every way to make sure America declines its industrial and innovation and step aside so those same alternative products to be made in China.

The church of climatology is a religion because they are trying to will their beliefs in to existence so far they have succeeded that why millions of Americans are paying higher prices at the pump and they are out of work.

That article was nothing but pure left wing propaganda after all

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
Joesph Goebbels.

Your destroying the planet! quick write some laws so you can pat yourself on the back and watch reality tv sitting on your swedish furniture while watching a Chinese or a Korean television set thinking you saved anything.

Meh

P.S. I really do love how people get so worked up over my opinions like they matter in the grand scheme of things.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
And Neo... after countless threads/posts where you're proven completely wrong, you've never actually admitted defeat. You just move on to the next thread and rehash the same lies.

Really now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems a few thousand other posters on here would disagree with that.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You need help my friend.
You may feel no one here on ATS understands
that the Koch Bros are NOT doing charitable works
with their billions. So I wanted you to know...

You are right on those two, they are the biggest F'ers of all.
Heres a drop in the bucket of examples.
Busting Unions in Wisconsin in trade for Gov Walker
(soon to be former Gov)
giving them a sweetheart monopoly on the Utilities of Wisconsin .
Then they give millions to absolutely horrid politicians
who hack away doing their dirty work and
who'd sell their grandma if it promoted their career or bank acct.

And yet...
The Koch Bros have their defenders here on ATS.
Obviously these members are billionaires.
That's the only reason I can think of that they'd take the side
of the Koch F'ers and not the side of teachers firefighters
Police officers and factory workers.
Whose more likely to live next door?
A nurse or firefighter? Or a couple of weird billionaires
who inherited every penny?
Great Americans...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
We depend on oil way too much.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So I thought climate change was a natural phonomenom that we humans have helped quicken. Geo, you seem to know alot about this. Please explain why alternate energy resources are bad right now?

I personally think if the government allowed photovaltaic cells over the 22% efficiency level, then it would be feasible to run on solar. If thats incorect, please explain why.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Science has proven that the Us sits on the largest worlds known oil reserves and it has also proven that clean coal energy is far more cheaper than alternative energy at this point in time.

Clean coal doesn't exist.

Science has also proven that China and India are the largest polluters in the world politics has helped in every way to make sure America declines its industrial and innovation and step aside so those same alternative products to be made in China.

China and India do more copying of American innovation than creating their own, look at the aircraft industry and prescription drugs

The church of climatology is a religion because they are trying to will their beliefs in to existence so far they have succeeded that why millions of Americans are paying higher prices at the pump and they are out of work.

Religion means faith. Science means testable evidence. Not the same thing. Wall Street commodities investors are driving up gas prices $14 per standard gas tank filled

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
Joesph Goebbels.
Goebbels was a Fascist...which is a far right wing ideology. To call something propaganda would mean that it also isn't testable...which this is, and you're proven wrong.

Your destroying the planet! quick write some laws so you can pat yourself on the back and watch reality tv sitting on your swedish furniture while watching a Chinese or a Korean television set thinking you saved anything.

I'm quite sure your computer wasn't build with American hardware.

P.S. I really do love how people get so worked up over my opinions like they matter in the grand scheme of things.

It's because they're wrong, and you flaunt them like they're fact and not opinions.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
So I thought climate change was a natural phonomenom that we humans have helped quicken. Geo, you seem to know alot about this. Please explain why alternate energy resources are bad right now?

I personally think if the government allowed photovaltaic cells over the 22% efficiency level, then it would be feasible to run on solar. If thats incorect, please explain why.

Oooh can I jump in?
That's dead on Aaron.
The only reason they don't want those options
is it isn't Oil. Or Brawny paper towels.

They'd rather wreck America than go even slightly greener.
Well I've got news for them,
Those white supple hands and body the oil guys have
will be delicious when Americans get hungry.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Joesph Goebbels.

Meh

If you think "clean coal" exists, you have a major screw loose, and it seriously discredits anything you say. Any dips**t with half a brain can do 10 minutes of research to discover clean coal is a complete lie. You think blowing up entire mountain ranges in the Appalachian mountains is clean? Get a clue. All you have to do is look at Google maps to see the immediate effect, and that's not even the result of creating energy from coal, its only the result of extracting it from the earth. Don't get me started on the actual "clean coal" energy production process. Its one of the biggest farces I've ever seen in the energy industry.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

These guys say different www.fossil.energy.gov...

China and India do more copying of American innovation than creating their own, look at the aircraft industry and prescription drugs

Falsehood see the Chinese breakthrough in teleporation thread.

Religion means faith. Science means testable evidence. Not the same thing. Wall Street commodities investors are driving up gas prices $14 per standard gas tank filled

So man being here for a few thousand years think's he knows everything there is to know about everything?

No that is pure arrogance

Falsehood because the entire world pays the same price for a barrel of oil then depending on those countries regulations sets the price at the pump which is why no person in any country pays the same price at the pump but they also seem to leave out the fact that Oil is a global commodity traded from New York to London to Bejing and all parts in between.

Petrochina is the only trillion dollar big oil corporation compounded by third world countries increasing their standards of living and economies.

Goebbels was a Fascist...which is a far right wing ideology. To call something propaganda would mean that it also isn't testable...which this is, and you're proven wrong.

Yeah he was and so are the supporters of global warming because they are increasing their power over business and the American citizen to pure totalitarianism.

Pure Right wing idelogy.

Yeah it has a Chinese motherboard made with intel chips made in Malaysia and copper also made from China that is ROSH compliant.

It's because they're wrong, and you flaunt them like they're fact and not opinions.

Yeah opinions will vary with mileage beside opinions are like door knobs everyone has one.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Renewable energy already exists. They can make Hydrogen gas powered vehicles very easily.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Things will be changing in one direction or another with France and Japan curtailing their use of Nuclear.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well one reason i oppose wind farms is due to what i think the effect of too many being built would be, like; ruining wind patterns, weakening water currents, heating the planet faster, destroying agriculture, causing droughts, concentrating pollution and the effects of more widespread magnetic fields than we already have(like destroying migratory patterns, radiation poisoning, cancer, etc).
Personally i feel that wind power is more dangerous than coal, oil and nuclear power combined.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Anonymous404

These guys say different www.fossil.energy.gov...

How does it work then? Why isn't it being used the world over? Why is my grandparents land in Kentucky still raped by the coal industry on a daily basis?

Why is this page owned by a major fossil fuel company? How come every scientist involved got money from said fossil fuel industry?

ABEC’s website, are an environmental consultant, an interior designer, and a “complimentary healer.” Other, arguably louder, voices in the group include the world’s biggest mining company (BHP Billiton), the biggest U.S. coal mining company (Peabody Energy), the biggest publicly owned U.S. electric utility (Duke Energy), and the biggest U.S. railroad (Union Pacific). ABEC — whose domain name is licensed to the Center for Energy and Economic Development, a coal-industry group — merged with CEED on April 17 to form the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE). They’re bankrolling the “Clean Coal” campaign to the tune of $35 million this year alone. That’s a little less than the tobacco industry spent on a successful fight against antismoking legislation in 1998, and almost triple what health insurers paid for the “Harry and Louise” ads that helped kill health care reform in the early 1990s. In addition to the ads, the “Clean Coal” campaign has so far also sponsored two presidential election debates (where, critics noted, no questions about global warming got asked).

via Yale.edu

Falsehood see the Chinese breakthrough in teleporation thread.

I'm false because of a scientific IMPROVEMENT, not an original idea? That makes sense.

So man being here for a few thousand years think's he knows everything there is to know about everything?

No that is pure arrogance

Which is why science doesn't claim to know everything about everything, and why scientists LOVE being proved wrong, because it means something else to test.

Falsehood because the entire world pays the same price for a barrel of oil then depending on those countries regulations sets the price at the pump which is why no person in any country pays the same price at the pump but they also seem to leave out the fact that Oil is a global commodity traded from New York to London to Bejing and all parts in between.

How Wall Street Drives Up Gas Prices: Ripping Us Off and Killing Jobs

Petrochina is the only trillion dollar big oil corporation compounded by third world countries increasing their standards of living and economies.

Okay? What's that got to do with this?

Yeah he was and so are the supporters of global warming because they are increasing their power over business and the American citizen to pure totalitarianism.

Pure Right wing idelogy.

Again, say what?

Yeah it has a Chinese motherboard made with intel chips made in Malaysia and copper also made from China that is ROSH compliant.

Yeah opinions will vary with mileage beside opinions are like door knobs everyone has one.

Unless they have sliding doors or they all push.

edit on 5/15/2012 by Anonymous404 because: fixed confusing tags.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hilarious. You think the U.S. DOE is a reliable source for unbiased information regarding clean coal? Now I know you are paid to write this drivel. You should try not to be so transparent.

I invite you to take a trip to West Virginia and witness the total destruction, coal ash lakes, and flammable ground water for yourself. Its disgusting that you can sit there and claim so-called clean coal is a viable answer for the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join