It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Cares If Ron Paul Wins The Republican Nomination, He Should Run Independent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Republican nomination would be nice. Its high profile, legitimizes a lot of what he stands for and would actually give the fella a fighting chance.

But dont we all see that it comes with strings attached. To be nominated and win, as a Democrat or Republican, means you owe favors to the big businesses that got you there. This might even make RP slide away from the principles that got him elected int he first place. I believe in his fortitude, but cmon. We're not talking campaign contributions, to the businesses, they're investments in future profits. They expect certain policies enacted.

It could be, that if he wins the Repbulican nod he loses what he stands for.

However, if RP takes the money he's made in this campaign and runs Independent then who will he have to answer to? Not big pharma, big oil, big military, big banks or anybody. Especially if he gets internet cash from people like us. Worked for Obamer.

edit on 15-5-2012 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Face it. It's over. They got to him.
He won't be running as an independent and he has conceded to stop actively campaigning, just as he was beginning to win state after state.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A Ron Paul Independent run hurts Obama. (I've seen polls confirming this, but don't feel like trying to find them)

Many more anti-war, pro-drug Democrats than there are Republicans.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm voting for him regardless. His choice if he decides.

I won't look down on him for not running Independent.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
As much as I want RP to win if he runs independent then it is a guaranteed win for Obama. I'm not sure I'd be very happy about that.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Even is he won the popular vote, he'd never win the electoral college.
Face it, we'll never see any change from voting, because the candidates are chosen for us at this point...

Way back, at least a year ago, I made a post after the donation figures came out, that Romney was going to be the new president, because he received the most support from Goldman Sachs.

Right now the US is little more then the financial and military arm of Israel. They will never allow a candidate who: A) they cannot control, B) is going to futz with the banking cartels, or C) is going to shut down our bases in the Middle east. The US is not a Democracy, it never was one. It's an Oligarchy set up by rich land owners, and to this day, it remains the same.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Most of the USA doesn't even know anything about Ron Paul, why would he ever win?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Most of the USA doesn't even know anything about Ron Paul

So who's fault is that?

When people are being deprived of certain things obviously something is wrong with the way our society works. So if people don't know enough about him then you should know why.
edit on 15-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

One more factor that I failed to mention is that the baby-boomers are still the largest voting force around. Right now they are reaching retirement ages, and are not going to support a candidate that is going to limit their social services. Then add to that a large precentage of the normal aged population that are receiving them for various reasons.

He cannot win the popular vote or the electoral vote. As much as I hate to see it, its over for him, and I doubt that he can make another run due to his age.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
As much as I want RP to win if he runs independent then it is a guaranteed win for Obama. I'm not sure I'd be very happy about that.

Obama ain't great, but Romney would be way worse. Same Corporatist philosphy but with a slash and burn twist coupled with the bones he'd owe to the insane religious right.

I'll pass on that, no matter how unhappy I am with Obama and his sell out self.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If Paul ran as an independent, is there any evidence supporting the idea that he'd get more than 10-15% of the vote? Further, if his message was catching fire in America wouldn't his poll numbers and contributions go up? And why think that an independent run would hurt Romney more than Obama?

Inquiring minds . . .

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
the reason he shoudl win the republican nomination is to take over the party and change it's direction and attitude.

we all know they are bought and sold by corporations all over the place.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

If they're bought and sold by corporations, how do non-corporations (individuals) take it over? Do the corporations own them or not?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ron Paul has already stated time and again that he won't run third party, and has even given his reason. Third party candidates simply can't win the Presidency; they simply aren't given any attention by the media, or at least not any positive attention. Plus running a campaign, even as a third party candidate, takes money, money that the banks already invest in their proven vessels of the Democratic and Republican parties.

Regardless, I'm still voting for him when the election comes later in the year.

reply to post by defcon5

Correction, Ron Paul's plan is to make social security etc. optional, not to outright eliminate them, though that is the ultimate goal. People who have already payed into the system will still be able to get their benefits. The elderly and already aging will get their money's worth, the only people who might actually lose something from his policies are those who live off of welfare. I understand that this is a known misconception on Paul's policies, but it's still not true.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Face it. It's over. They got to him.
He won't be running as an independent and he has conceded to stop actively campaigning, just as he was beginning to win state after state.

LOL. He stopped campaigning because he knows he cant win the upcoming states. He has said as much himself.

I wish more Ron Paul fans actually listened to Ron Paul once in a while.

top topics

join