It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear ATS Audience: Are you a teacher? Best to leave ATS topics here when teaching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Mods: Not even sure where this could go...there is no "odd" forum.

Source

San Benito Teacher Replaced After Bizarre Classroom Rant About Jesus, Mary Magdalene, UFOs & The Apocalypse

Some snips to trigger curiousity (full story and a video at the source)

Before the teacher was done, she told a roomful of alternately jeering and frightened public school students that Jesus Christ impregnated Mary Magdalene just before his crucifixion.
---
She told the class that Jesus fell in love with Mary Magdalene when he was 12. They met while he was piloting a boat across the sea. Mary was on the shore, weeping after a bad breakup, the teacher continued, and Jesus saw her and invited her aboard. Mary soon fell in love with Jesus' eyes, and he kissed her. After that, she says, they were seen together at parks and parties
--
She said that an army of God was coming to destroy this world on December 21, 2012, but not to worry, because Jesus had created another planet that was more beautiful than this one, a Utopia full of waterfalls where everybody was always 25 years old, where money does not exist, but Christmas does, complete with Santa Claus.
--
And then there was something about volcanoes, God as an extraterrestrial, and an armada of flying saucers including one piloted by the Virgin Mary.

And more

So, I know often we come across posts of some claiming that it would be a good thing should the MSM, schools, etc start teaching stuff we discuss here on ATS

I guess this is what it looks like.

(yes, sometimes we do sound this crazy).

Best to leave these subjects in the dark corners of the internet, huh?
Stick to the books folks.

So, is she crazy, or is she awake, and not part of the "sheeple" that is simply trying to educate the kids about jesus, 12/21/2012, and the like?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just to add a bit more to get a different angle:

After the video hit the Web, San Benito school superintendent Antonio Limon told the Brownsville Herald that the teacher had a bad reaction to her medications, and San Benito ISD released a statement claiming that the incident is "under review

Bad reaction or experiment?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Just to add a bit more to get a different angle:

After the video hit the Web, San Benito school superintendent Antonio Limon told the Brownsville Herald that the teacher had a bad reaction to her medications, and San Benito ISD released a statement claiming that the incident is "under review

Bad reaction or experiment?

No, she was just another ATS addict.

ETA: Actually, it sounds a little more like GLP...
edit on 5/15/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am not seeing the problem so long as she also told the kids about shape shifting reptiles that drink human blood

Man she sounds like she flying high on meds
These things happen when you use meds

Alternatively she said some things and she was reported as saying some things that are red herrings
If you taught the real truth in schools.... Now that would be a problem
edit on 15-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Used to be a teacher, and the thing I learned on DAY 1, was that you never speak of these topics to the kids. Kids get obsessed. Kids get scared. Kids believe the bs.

And it ALWAYS gets back to the parents.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wow, it sounds like she was a member of GodLikeProductions.
That is some serious confangled conspiracy the likes of which I do not believe I have seen before...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think she is having a (nervous breakdown)....I think (most likely) she is realizing lies that were told to her...and she may be on the brink of figuring out some of what the truth really is....however I also think she is very confused.

I hope she gets better; recovers and moves on to what the truth really is.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wheres WatcherInTheShadows when you need him.

Maybe its right? We cant prove that god hasnt made another earth for the good people and that the world isnt going the be destroyed in december 2012. That sounds like something he'd say.

So should we all sit by and let people like this self-destruct in frount of our children? Atleast when there are dead students topped of by a suicide all of us at ATS can say we were kind and civil to another member.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I am not seeing the problem so long as she also told the kids about shape shifting reptiles that drink human blood

And about the mutant star goat that's about to eat the Sun ......

Seriously, it's frightening that such people get into positions where they can influence other people.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mother Mary flying UFO's? Carrying Jesus baby? These are not ATS subject matter. More like the National Enquirer. And she never heard of ATS either. This web site tries to filter the sediment. Not eat it.

Edit: To the OP:

So, is she crazy, or is she awake, and not part of the "sheeple" that is simply trying to educate the kids about jesus, 12/21/2012, and the like?

As a bedbug. Whether because of "ordinary imbalance" or ordinary imbalance with a lithium cherry on top, her knowledge of said subjects is highly subjective (from her viewpoint). Not educational judging by the kids overwhelming response with laughter and heckles.

What is interesting is she drones on (in Spanish) so unless you understand what she saying, she does appear to give an ordinary lesson as opposed to shrieking and tearing her blouse. So how ordinary does crazy appear?

edit on 15-5-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Mother Mary flying UFO's? Carrying Jesus baby? These are not ATS subject matter. More like the National Enquirer. And she never heard of ATS either. This web site tries to filter the sediment. Not eat it.

Actually, what is wrong with the concept in regards to not being ATS subjects?
you don't think there have been several rather long and in depth threads on Jesus being an alien? Mother being part of the alien agenda, etc...

ATS and WorldNews (Enquirer isn't as loopy as that anymore..more gossip rag than nonsense rag now) can be quite similar at times.
Just waiting for a batboy thread

Thing is, many of the bigger topics (2012, reptilians, annunaki) that are hotly debated here and tutally believed by some could end up exposed to weaker minds in influential positions...now, imagine if she didn't have a total meltdown but instead slowly indoctrinated the class into believing this stuff over a long period of time.

The point is...actually, there is no point outside of filter yourself and your belief system when around impressionable minds...because even if you are noticing a truth behind the veil, kids will only flip out and get scared for no purpose...no, don't tell your little youngin about "chemtrails" or the coming of christ...whats the point beyond freaking them out and feeling helpless.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

As a teacher you have an obligation to at least mention the opposing viewpoints, or allow them to be brought forth with equal share. This woman went a bit too far in presenting suppositions and hypothesis or personal convictions as matter of factually, when that is misrepresentation.

Such a topic (aliens and Jesus), can only be legitimately covered through history courses, such as mythology/religion/philosophy, archaeology, philology/ historical linguistics, literary studies, art, architecture, sculpture, heraldry, etc etc.

And that is only if a specific reference is made to either Jesus or alien entities in those documents.

My only point is that if she is a math or geography teacher, she should be teaching that subject as that is what their job description is and their pay checks rendered for.

If she wants to discuss these types of topics she needs to join the field of study she finds best suited. I would characterize her behavior as irresponsible and brazen (if indeed she is suppose to be teaching something else technically).

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I don't engage in most of those subjects, sorry.
There is an edge to my lunatic fringe.

Do you engage in all the crap that comes down this pipe?

I didn't think so.

Are you going to write her and talk about that stuff she was saying?

I hope not.

Still, I liked the story. Thanks for bringing it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wow and people thought I'm that batsh*t and crazy. Me I would try to see if the conspiracy is more logical. If not I cross that out
edit on 15-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"ATS Subjects" are all subjects as far as I can tell, except those specifically prohibited in the TOC of course. We even have a chit chat forum.

Oh and I watched 5min of the video and I can understand about half or a third of what she is saying and she indeed is hitting all the keywords so this is almost certainly legit translations.

Do you think the teacher's union will protect her job?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by artistpoet

And about the mutant star goat that's about to eat the Sun ......

Seriously, it's frightening that such people get into positions where they can influence other people.

It sure is frightening like you say when people get into positions where they can influence others - Like the guy Colonel Michael Aquino who works for Psyops - Guess what he does in his spare time by being Head of the church of Set formerly known as the Church of Satan is all harmless fun. Which of course they do not teach you in school.
Lets see who else in a position of power where they can influence other people - yes it is frightening but not so much a teacher overloading and having a mental breakdown.

Kettle calling frying pan grimy ass if you ask me.
edit on 16-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I feel very bad for this teacher. Sounds like they had a nervous breakdown and shouldn't be around impressionable minds for a while. As a teacher myself, I rarely, if ever, discuss these types of topics with impressionable minds. However, in a third grade class I was teaching last week, we had an edition of Nat Geo for kids that discussed the Gliese system of planets (it was an old one). We discussed the importance of space exploration, and how science is so important to our society. One of the smartest little girls in the class (one that views the Smithsonian website and the Nova website quite frequently...she wants to be an Egyptologist and I've given her and her mother plenty of resources to further her love of that type of study) asked me if I thought that there were aliens there. I told her honestly that I didn't know. She then asked me if I believed in aliens. This is exactly what I told her: "Little Susie, let's look at all the billions of stars and billions of planets in our universe. What do you think?" She didn't fall for that one. She said "I want to know what YOU think." I said that it was statistically impossible that there isn't at least some form of life out there, whether it's just bacteria or something more advanced. Once again she didn't fall for it. She asked "What about the ones like on Star Trek?" She had me cornered. I just said a defeated "yes." She smiled, said "cool" and that was it. No more prodding, no more discussion, and we just went on with class as normal. The rest of the class just shrugged it off and kept going about the reading assignment.

The next day I saw the third grade teacher I was subbing for and she thanked me for my honest answer. The reason why she didn't read that article earlier was because of that exact question. The school I work for has many, many kids that are brought up in religious households, and topics such as aliens are very taboo. I find that simple, honest answers are the best way to handle these situations. Kids are more open and interested in these topics than one may think. I give them resources to reputable websites whenever possible and always change the topic if the issue of God comes into play, as I'm a pagan and don't believe in the existence of an all knowing God. I prescribe more to the Living Force way of thinking, which has its roots in Eastern Philosophies. I never discuss those topics in school, however. I like my job too much.

I believe in educating kids in any way I know possible. That includes the topics that some consider taboo. Would I ever direct one of them to ATS? Hell no. They'd be mentally screwed up for the rest of their lives. I will, however, direct them to the NASA website, the NOAA website (for kids interested in the weather), the Smithsonian website, and the NOVA website, as they all have components for kids. It's all about tact and not imposing your own views. I believe that if the kids want to learn it, I'll give them every tool I have at my disposal so that they can come to their own conclusions.

With my high school kids, I can have a more intellectual discussion with them on these topics, because I know that they can handle it. At least with the kids I know can handle it. At least I can make them think and do some research on their own if they want to learn more about the topic.

Anyway, like I said, I feel bad for that teacher. I hope she gets the help that she needs.

-TS
edit on 16-5-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Sad, sounds like she had a breakdown of sorts to me.

I've been on medication ( to which I was alergic to) that caused me to have paranoid and manic episdoes, so it's certainly VERY possible.

Must've been a VERY interesting day at work for her and for the kids

I bet we got at least 5 new members that day

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Wow, it sounds like she was a member of GodLikeProductions.
That is some serious confangled conspiracy the likes of which I do not believe I have seen before...

That's the only way GLP can keep followers. Throw every flying saucer, bible, lightbringermothership crackpot theory into a mental blender, then pick and choose parts to fit. Here's the scary part, Some actually believe it and bring it here. Looking for converts, I guess.
This teacher sounds like she'e been off her meds for too long.

new topics

top topics

join