It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Banos Woman Says Hawk Drops Puppy From Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Elaine Bouschard was out on her property in Los Banos Saturday, when something unusual fell from the sky.

A hawk dropped a puppy from its claws, sending the tiny dog tumbling to Earth.

Bouschard, a 47-year-old apartment property manager in San Jose, did what anyone would do. She scooped up the pup, which she figures is just a month old, and kept it.

read more to find out what she named the pup :-)
www.nbcbayarea.com...

Oh man! I am so glad that puppy lived!! This is a heartwarming story and I am doubly glad the hawk was denied his dinner!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Hawks gotta eat too!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Lucky little puppy.

Sucks for the Hawk though, I bet it thought it had hit the jack pot.

ETA:

Don't know why it just seemed appropriate.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
One time I was driving north on HWY 25 outside Ft. Carson Colo. A huge jack rabbit fell out of the sky, bounced six foot in the air and landed on the side of the road. Gotta get them hawks some gloves.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I came here thinking that pup was a pancake.
It lived, so i forgive the hawk. He was probably just trying to impress the ladies.

edit on 5/15/2012 by Alexander the Great because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

From the article "When God drops a puppy from the sky, you keep it," she said. "It was the coolest thing in the world." I'm sorry, but that just annoys the heck out of me. God didn't drop it out of the sky you religous idiot.. a freakin bird did.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. We almost lost our boxer puppy several years ago when a huge owl flew right between my husband and I at dusk. Scared the heck out of me.
I would have never thought about something like that happening, but you can bet I keep right with my new puppy at all times.

I am very happy the pup survived. Although the story doesn't say, I hope she was smart enough to have him checked for internal injuries. I wonder how far he fell?
edit on 15-5-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They take up the animals and drop them on the ground to kill the animal. Then they scoop it up and take it to the nest or whatever.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Oh man! I am so glad that puppy lived!! This is a heartwarming story and I am doubly glad the hawk was denied his dinner!
Racist!

If the puppy survived it didn't fell from too high, or it fell on a very soft surface, or it's a lie.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wow that's crazy. I haven't had any experiences with hawks, but I just asked my grandmother, since she's been around for a while, and she said this happens frequently. She said they will pick up kittens, puppies, or anything of that relative size. She says they frequent the area we both live in, but I cannot recall ever seeing one. I wonder why it dropped it though. I thought for sure it would be dead, but it's great that it lived. I would have kept that puppy as well, given the circumstances, lol. Amazing in my opinion.

top topics

join