It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Of F-22 Illnesses Grows

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Skewed

So, after you were trained, I assume you learned what would kill you and why right? What where things that could kill you before you hit the ground, and why? Electrocution? Secret security features made to kill people snooping around?

I never did learn. When training came, we were instructed as to which panels we could open that was directly related to what our function and everything else "did not matter" as it did not have anything to do with what we needed to do. Basically, we were to open only a couple of panels, the rest was above our pay grade or someone else's responsibility. Of the dangerous items behind the panels that I had to deal with, it would have been really no more dangerous than working on any other piece equipment. Although, being ultimately trained as an aircraft firefighter, in the event we could certainly open anything on the plane as deemed necessary. Especially if the pilot was unconscious, then we had to get the seat pins installed asap before the pilot woke up and ejected himself while sitting still and hope he did not wake up in process and eject both people because we would practically have to climb into the pilots lap to install the pins.

There was an instance once where a B-1 had to make an emergency landing. Once it landed and we had it parked and safe, the marine detachment moved in and stood guard over the plane until repairs were made. It was a hydrolic fire in the cockpit which the pilot did manage to extinguish. Once we walked away from the plane we were never allowed to approach it again.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

That is the same for all levels of defence and government... compartmentalization, so no one really knows the bigger picture or knows too much.... It is always there as a security procedure.

It's been like that for a long time... It makes sense in some ways but at the same time it's all about secrets.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
For what it may be worth, back when I worked on a flight line, one of my superiors once warned me about "snooping" around in planes. This was before I was trained on the planes and which panels to touch and not touch.

His words were: "Do not go opening up panels to see what is behind them, on some aircraft there are things behind those panels that will kill you before you hit the ground."

edit on 15-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

This is true. Also weird about the practice of starting the jets up inside the hanger in Alaska.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

The reason no allies or any foreign nation has these jets is because the export sale of the F-22 is barred by American federal law

Instead we were left only to buy the F-35 which in my opinion is like a cheaper and lower tech budget version of the F-22...

While the F-35 doesn't seem superior it does carry technology from the F-22 and it's radar and avionics will be more advanced.

Here is a blurb from Wiki about the F-35 Helmet-mounted display system

The F-35 does not need to be physically pointing at its target for weapons to be successful.[174][226] This is possible because of sensors that can track and target a nearby aircraft from any orientation, provide the information to the pilot through his helmet (and therefore visible no matter which way they are looking), and provide the seeker-head of a missile with sufficient information. Recent missile types provide a much greater ability to pursue a target regardless of the launch orientation, called "High Off-Boresight" capability, although the speed and direction in which the munition is launched affect the effective range of the weapon.

Sensors use combined radio frequency and infra red (SAIRST) to continually track nearby aircraft while the pilot's helmet-mounted display system (HMDS) displays and selects targets. The helmet system replaces the display suite-mounted head-up display used in earlier fighters. The F-35's systems provide the edge in the "observe, orient, decide, and act" OODA loop; stealth and advanced sensors aid in observation (while being difficult to observe), automated target tracking helps in orientation, sensor fusion simplifies decision making, and the aircraft's controls allow the pilot to keep their focus on the targets, rather than the controls of their aircraft.

The problems with the current Vision Systems International helmet mounted display led Lockheed Martin to issue a draft specification for proposals for an alternative on 1 March 2011.[228] The alternative system will be based on Anvis-9 night vision goggles.[229] It will be supplied by BAE systems.[230] The BAE system does not yet include all the features of the VSI helmet and if successful will have the remaining features incorporated [231] Use of the BAE system would also require a cockpit redesign.[232] In 2011, Lockheed granted VSI a contract to fix the vibration, jitter, night-vision and sensor display problems in their helmet mounted display. The improved displays are expected to be delivered in third quarter of 2013.[233]

edit on 5/16/2012 by Irish614 because: added wiki specs

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Pentagon restricts flights of F-22 fleet that choked pilots

The Air Force will immediately begin restricting flights for its fleet of $190 million apiece F-22 Raptor stealth jets after the Pentagon’s top-brass voiced concerns with the safety of the fighter planes. Effective at once, all 170 F-22 jets used by the Air Force will be required to engage only in operations that are "within proximity of potential landing locations,” insists US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

It wold seem that they're trying to put a leash on the jets and not really doing much else.

According to the article they're going to put more oxygen tanks on them, but I'm still not sure if that's the real issue with these jets.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I still say the stealth skin isthe problem. And it is not just paint. Once dried its all ok. If you think the skin is just paint study your favorite toy some more.

en.wikipedia.org...

Each Raptor requires a month-long packaged maintenance plan (PMP) after every 300 flight hours.[213] The aircraft's stealth system, including its radar absorbing metallic skin, account for almost one third of all maintenance.[212]

The skin is 1/3 of all maintenance. And thats a lot of heat on thermoplastic and polygraphite with the exhaust being hidden inside the aircraft.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
well looks like i got a show to look out for on 60 mins. i really dont know what would cause them to get sick but if its bad enough for them to go to man stream and get discharged from there career. it has to be something big

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Good info, that seems to make the most sense out of eveything...

That is of course barring malevolence created by a killing machine.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
it could be some of the radar reflecting substances used to coat the plane are having some unknown toxic effects.

it could also be a combination. maybe one substance is harmless by itself, but when heated and combined with other harmless substances they produce toxic results.

since the nature of these substances are one of the most top secrets in the military industrial complex, only a handful of people in the world know the exact make up.

and you can bet these people don't care 2 cents about a jet pilot, they're replaceable. multi-billion dollar contracts, not so much.

and what would a general know about state of the art, cutting edge chemistry.

agent orange scenario comes to mind. national security comes at all costs before a soldiers health. in their view.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

, the F-22 is a test on our DNA to see where the line between us and the hybrid super soldiers are, who can handle higher science and higher performance.

To profit the War cabal and doesn't mater how many sacrifice of American lives. Feels like the country is being drawn around by one of those old horse-cart drawn buggy things.

That reminds me of the legend of Icarus whose wings melted as he got to close to the sky, doing the same thing that Challenger did. I remember there was a teacher on board that mission.
edit on 17-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ada

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Since there's so many different things, it's why they need to put these jets aside for further evaluation until they can devise a proper fix. If they have to stand-down for as long as a year, so be it. It's why the government and their contractors have engineers, and it's one of the things U.S. tax dollars should already be paying for.

This plane is a testament to an advanced and decaying culture, a plane that looks cool. But after the economy implodes in about twenty years it will be decayed with rust and on people's who are scratching their heads on what is expected of them.

The green ideology waived its hand towards the development of green and safe environment friendly materials for the super stealth wonder, and we don't want to hurt the environment while being cutting edge and blending ourselves from the enemy radar!
edit on 17-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: aad

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So the pilots got so angry at this that they are refusing to fly the planes and took the story to mainstream media directly.

Air Force says it might be because they fly higher, but the ground crew getting ill did not wear the masks. This story should be interesting to follow

A STRANGE SICKNESS: After flying the F-22 Raptor, Air Force pilot Jeremy Gordon says he began to struggle with a host of ailments – including coughing, dizziness and headaches -- and eventually learned that other pilots were experiencing the same thing.

In this short web-extra clip, he describes his symptoms to Lesley Stahl: cbsn.ws...

www.facebook.com...

edit on 15-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

That is in fact symptoms of oxygen deficiency. It should be around a 21% mix in 'air' with other elements, but that has really declined from the reports I've read of the die offs of forest and ocean. These are symptoms as well as ADD, ADH and mental confusion around 17% oxygen, and around 16% and lower oxygen in 'air' is when we start the dying process.

I wonder if there is a material on that plane that could be breaking down the oxygen bond near it? Similar to what happens with the ozone, a molecule is split off. Heat 'eats' oxygen, but that doesn't seem like the problem. It sounds like they might be using some new synthetic that is having a serious side effect on the humans around it.

That is a very interesting article, thanks for the post. We'll have to watch this.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I know this illness. I have it myself and the doctors cannot explain it. One doctor tried to pass it off as purely psychological. My new doctor is just too lazy to even think about it. I simply call it "vertigo", but I know that is an over simplification. I take "prochlorperazine" to control it when symptoms arise, but still have not tested the medication in a live situation. Symptoms are dizziness and nausia and headache and then I pass out unless I can get fresh air and a bed to lay down on. The effects can last for twenty four hours. It is in the balance mechanism of the ears. It attacks me if I go anywhere near to a motor running. Especially I get effected if I use a car or taxi or bus. I am fully able to use aircraft or rail or tram or ship without any problems. I have had this illness all my life, but as I get older it is getting worse. My opinion is that the sparking plugs are irradiating me with emissions that effect my brain. Lorry haulage vehicles being diesel, thus a glow plug, rather than sparking plug, thus do not effect me. I think the frequency of the sparks is the root of the problem, but I have no proof. That together with the petrol fumes. Although petrol turns my head, nevertheless I am not effected by the fumes of kerosene or paraffin or diesel. However, it is the radiation from the engine heat that sends my head into a spin. When I go out walking and a bus passes by I feel the same symptoms. I think that the F-22 Raptor pilots and ground crew are suffering much the same illness as I am suffering. It does not have a name since it effects only a small number of people. It might be something that cannot be cured. The jet engines on the F-22 Raptor are most probably the source of the radionic emissions that are affecting the men. Meaning that certain frequency of sound can cause illness. Ultra Low Frequency sound can be completely "silent" and yet be incredibly high amplitude. Perhaps in making the engines "stealthy" meaning "silent" the engines are actually generating Ultra Low Frequency sound that is the cause of the illness. One cannot hear it, but one can feel it. The Ultra Low Frequency of the sound emitting from the F-22 Raptor engines being the same frequency of energy that occures in the atmosphere that thus cause the waves in the deep ocean or the dunes in the deep desert. I am no expert so I am in no position to understand the problem, but I thought that my illness is similar to that being described by the men flying or even just working around the F-22 Raptors. Although it feels like a lack of oxygen in actuality it is nothing to do with any lack of oxygen. In fact giving extra oxygen might even make it worse ! Same as hyper ventilation can bring on the same symptoms ! Yes I am convinced that the problem is sonic. Especially when we see that there are twin mounted engines on the F-22 Raptors so that when both engines are running together there is a resonance wave set up between them that can be Ultra Low Frequency and thus "silent" but incredibly high amplitude. This can only be resolved by building jet aircraft that are single engine design. In the marine sector similar Ultra Low Frequency sounds are generated if the ship is running more than one engine. Some ships have two separate engines driving propeller on each side of the hull. Power boats have three engines running simultaniously ! The problem being that on the F-22 Raptor the two engine are right next to each other, where as usually engines are positioned out on the wings so as to be away from each other. Is this why the F-22 Raptor is nolonger in production ? Anyway there are now vehicles like as "Aurora" that can fly up to twenty two times faster than sound, and are able to fly into orbit from any normal airfield runway. The United Kingdom Space Agency UKSA are building the Skylon vehicle powered by the versitile Saber engines being built in the British Isles too. Although a civilian vehicle, no doubt military versions of it will already be in development. So the F-22 Raptor are actually really old birds now !

Here is a video about the Skylon being built in the British Isles by the United Kingdom Space Agency UKSA. Notice that the engines are out on the wing tips. Perhaps thus so as to avoid the resonance problems experienced in the F-22 Raptor.

edit on 19/5/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by YellowRoseTx51
I wonder if there is a material on that plane that could be breaking down the oxygen bond near it? Similar to what happens with the ozone, a molecule is split off. Heat 'eats' oxygen, but that doesn't seem like the problem. It sounds like they might be using some new synthetic that is having a serious side effect on the humans around it.

Ozone is O3 what we breath is O2... split O2 into two oxygen molecules and we cannot breath it

Ozone is formed automatically when Oxygen meats UV rays... its a continuous cycle and the holes over the poles have always been there due to the angle of the suns rays at the pole

It is most likely the stealth coating that is at fault
I posted a thread on the patent somewhere
It involves nano particles activated by HAARP like emissions

from email

I just wanted you to know that yes...I keep very busy and I'm on a 'mission'! My Mission is to keep America safe through development of some very exotic technologies. And yes, I've worked on/with HAARP. If you want to learn more about that see US Patent #xxxxx. If you read the patent you'll understand the relevance to HAARP and the Stealth Bombers, etc. You're an intelligent man and I'm certain that you'll be able to make the connection. If you read US Patent xxxxx, you'll understand (a little better) my connection to/with and collaboration with these men. LOL...suffice it to say that the 'Predator' (as in the movie) is alive/living at Los Alamos!

Followup

Hi, Ron...Good Morning! Thanks for the note and you certainly touch on points of similiarity and interest (proving that great minds think alike!). I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.

So I will write him tomorrow and see if he has any insight into this illness that he can discuss

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looks like we lost another hero.
Goodbye Zorgon.
I really hope this is temporary.
I'm not sure what to even think anymore.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

Yeah no kidding. One of the more entertaining posters IMO

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
If any US Air Force employees are reading this, please feel free to discuss an option for the Eurofighter Typhoon for your air defence needs

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join