It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Story (bright ball of light near window)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Greetings all! I finally decided to post my story which I�ve kept to myself for over ten years.
(first of all forgive my English grammar, I�ve been speaking German for the majority of my life-time)

Story:
(We had our own [newly built and rented] house in the suburbs with a forest on one side and another house parallel to ours. On the other side was a street which connected these two houses with another block of houses.)
It happened when I was around 8 to 10 years old. My parents, sister and I were living in New York at the time (fulton). It was around 13pm, an hour or so after lunch when I went to the guest room to play our newly rented video game console. After playing this said game system for a good fifteen minutes I noticed that suddenly the machine �froze�, the image on the TV did not move. The TV turned itself off and after a couple of seconds it went on again where I saw nothing but static.
A moment later I saw something directly outside our window which still haunts me to this day.
I saw a bright ball of light �floating� (all silent) very slowly (it�s motion was more organic than electrical) half way in front of my window. It was as if this bright ball was �peaking� through the window.
I couldn�t help but sense it �looking� at me in a curious way.
Circa three seconds later it slowly moved back from the direction it came from and disappeared.
(if one were to look at the TV, the window would be only 35 degrees or so to your right)

That�s not all..
I switched off the TV and heard my dad shout from upstairs (two floors, I was on the first floor naturally).
I ran into the living room to see that our other TV was in static and that my sister was trying to fix it.
My dad came out of the room he was in and said the lights went out and he saw a dark shadow pass through the room quickly. I told my parents what I saw and asked them if they saw it as well, yet they didn�t. So, still thinking that this �ball of light� must have been a surge from the nearby electric lines outside, we went outside to see if anything was wrong. Everything seemed fine and there was no proof of any disturbances whatsoever to be seen outside our house. We contacted our neighbors to see if they�ve witnessed any electrical problems and they said no.

This happened only once. There was never any such odd disturbances before or after this event.

My conclusion:
1. Either it was electrical (then what explains the dark shadow my father saw?)
2. It was a UFO (that would explain the machine and tv �freezing� and organic moving ball of light I�ve seen.. )
3. It was a ghost. (but then we�d experience a lot of such things.. and I never heard of ghosts in New York, except for Ghostbusters
)
4. It was some other unexplainable phenomena.

I�d go with 2.

So.. Has anyone ever heard or experienced such happenings before? If yes, please share!

Also, I DO believe in ghosts[not that much as aliens though] and UFOs (the fact that space is infinite and there�s got to be other planets out there like ours which houses beings with technologies and purposes far greater and more advanced than our current level of comprehension..)

I never had any �abduction� experiences however and hopefully it�ll stay so.
If they ever dare and try to abduct me I�d be like: �EY! That�s a BAD little alien!� and then I smack 'em on the head!!
(gotta love south park)

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Interesting, I think i would go with 2 aswell. Where did you live? How big was the ball of light? I've seen orbs before, but they were about... the size of a tenis ball

[edit on 30/9/04 by Lazarus187]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The orb was around four times the size of a basketball.
Lived in New York at the time. As posted above. :]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like ball lightning to me...especially considering the power issues you noted, indicative of EMP from lightning...

If you really want to check into other sources...

Will-o-the-Whisp
Orbs

But I'm betting on the ball lightning....

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Are you sure you remember it as it happened? The human mind is a really odd thing. It only takes a few months for it to start distorting facts, its been proven scientifically. If we are talking years its of course worse... If its been 10 years, then I REALLY question what you think you experienced, even if your brain "remembers" it very vividly. That the ball moved "organically" can easily have been added afterwards for instance.

But I'm not here to judge.

If I where to guess, I'd suggest an electrical disturbance, ball lightning and the light playing a trick on shadows in your dads room.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by merka]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
it is a inter-demensional travereler, who is observing you from one of the other 7 demensions, fluxuating space time in order to make observations. just like our main man who went the moon to make observations. at least that is my theory

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adregalus
3. It was a ghost. (but then we�d experience a lot of such things.. and I never heard of ghosts in New York, except for Ghostbusters )
well who thought there were ghosts in gettysburg pa, and now the prophit from it

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
One of the most profound experiences in phenomenon ive had is somewhat similar to this. I was in my room, playng on my computer if I recall correctly. And a red glowing entity approached my window. I remember feeling both terrified and in a state of awe. It was not humanoid in appearance but I had a strong impression that it was intelligent. It's shape might have been an orb? I dont remember. Although it didnt have eyes it was looking at me...the feeling was strong. I felt connected to it. In retrospect ive wondered if it was me (my soul that is). You should know that this was a "dream"...not that I feel this makes in unreal. This was a "big" dream as the Aboriginals call it.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Orbs are generaly either souls or energy balls, im not compleatly sure. When I saw them there were about 10-20 of them all in a group, all of them were different colors, same size though. My friend has also had experiancis with orbs. It just so happens that what he saw was almost the same as I had.

top topics

join