It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
human nature is to reproduce?

oh yeah, so is using condoms and according to the Bible, "pulling out".

no wonder thousands of unwanted kids are killed or left to die of starvation, every day - that's natural!

Who is talking about condoms and pulling out? Use the red herrings in another discussion por favor. Besides the point, I'm not a Catholic.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am a Christian and I am not anti-homosexual.

My business partner of ten years is homosexual and I have never known a more reliable, honest and hard working person.

I think you are promoting a stereotype set by a minority of Christians that does not apply to the majority.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
what comes to mind first when you think of Christianity?

sad but true, the Catholic church's # hypocrisy and scandal

likewise self-proclaim straights quoting not hetero-relevant passages, but homo-relevant verses, left and right.

why the obsession with God fates f-gs instead of God hates fornicators if you aren't even gay what's it to you to run around quoting stuff irrelevant to you and yourlifestyle... i mean even priests/clergy aren't gay they are celebate right?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I think he means it as a man cant get another man pregnant.

Look the OT does not apply to the world after jesus was resurrected. He in effect changed the rules because its almost impossible to live by the 10 commandments all the time. The OT is there to show you where you came from as a christian,but the NT is what you are supposed to live by if you accepted Jesus as your saviour. SO many people do not understand this simple change over to the NT.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The problem with Christianity and all of the Judaic religions is not that it is antigay, rather it is full of hypocrisy.

Hasty Generalization fallacy. More religions than just Judeo-Christian ones are against homosexual sex. Islam for example. And many doctors and non-religious folks are against homosexual sex as well for various non-religious reasons.

Is this just another "bash Christians while everyone else gets a free pass" thread?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

"Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual"

Your statement is an absolute. There are no qualifiers. No "most", or "a lot of". It's complete within itself. Christianity as a whole, not in part, is anti-homosexual.

You sure you want to stick with that blanket statement?

/TOA

In regards to the topic at hand, yes.
90% of non christians and 80+ percent of actual christians say this is the one word for the whole religion...

Now, you can debate if that is fair, but the thread is about...why do they think this, not is it true...its how did the religion ultimately get regarded as this for a single word overwhelmingly.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Raelsatu

One implies a 'natural' attraction to a person of the same sex

What's 'natural' about that specifically? Homosexuals cannot reproduce. That goes completely against 'nature'.

edit on 15-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Cultivated bananas are parthenocarpic, which makes them sterile and unable to produce viable seeds. Lacking seeds, propagation typically involves farmers removing and transplanting part of the underground stem (called a corm).

Banana

link   

Dear SaturnFX,

I didn't know that because I was a Christian that I had to hate gays. This is going to be awkward as I preach at a church where at least a third of the members are gay and I am straight. As for your comments,

So Congratulations to the religious leaders and outspoken religious folks out there...your message of not liking "the gay" is heard loud and clear. And also congratulations on completely isolating any potential future for your religion..lose the youth, you lose it all..

Lets be honest. Homosexuality was a crime in atheist countries too. Many people find it unnatural (personally, I don't care what adults do in the bedroom) and that pre-dates Christianity. While I disagree with those who use the bible to prove their bigotry, I don't care if they lose believers, they should. Would you prefer that they lie about what they believe just to fill seats? Recently I came across a man names Joel Osteen (I don't watch television or follow large churches as a rule). I watched a video where they tried to bate him into saying homosexuality was wrong. It should be noted that he has never been known to push an anti-gay agenda. It seems that you are doing the same, baiting.

link   
contraception is also unnatural,

and Christianity based on the Scriptures, condemns even "pulling out" or "spilling seed".

there's an obvious sexual obsession and when you look at the Clergy's internal issues/dilemmas both historically and presently, it really does show through that Christianity and "christian nationalists" obsess with of all issues one issue:

the unnatural, abominable, sinful 'act' of homosexuality.

get over it Christians, lest you continue be as historically hypocritical as your leaders (all the gay priests and clergy out there preaching the stark opposite of what they practice even up to epidemic scandalous proportions)

obsessions aren't healthy - esp in the name of God, or Nature!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

why the obsession with God fates f-gs instead of God hates fornicators if you aren't even gay what's it to you to run around quoting stuff irrelevant to you and yourlifestyle... i mean even priests/clergy aren't gay they are celebate right?

Okay, so instead of a red herring now you're using the extreme rare exception to the rule in an attempt to define the rule?
One church says disgusting things like that, and for the most part that church is a cult for the Phelps family, virtually no Christians support their hatred.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

contraception is also unnatural,

and Christianity based on the Scriptures, condemns even "pulling out" or "spilling seed".

there's an obvious sexual obsession and when you look at the Clergy's internal issues/dilemmas both historically and presently, it really does show through that Christianity and "christian nationalists" obsess with of all issues one issue:

the unnatural, abominable, sinful 'act' of homosexuality.

get over it Christians, lest you continue be as historically hypocritical as your leaders (all the gay priests and clergy out there preaching the stark opposite of what they practice even up to epidemic scandalous proportions)

obsessions aren't healthy - esp in the name of God, or Nature!

Again,.. I'M NOT A CATHOLIC.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX

What's 'natural' about that specifically? Homosexuals cannot reproduce. That goes completely against 'nature'.

Cultivated bananas are parthenocarpic, which makes them sterile and unable to produce viable seeds. Lacking seeds, propagation typically involves farmers removing and transplanting part of the underground stem (called a corm).

Banana

Humans are not considered produce.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to hear it called anti-homosexual and not homophobic, I don't understand how people call me homophobic. I love my house.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
hardly exception - if you look at the fundamental thorn-in-flesh origin/injection of these anti-homosexual quotes,

it is consistent and parallel with the hypocritical scandals of the church in the past milennia and thro today.

hence the obession of Bible-mongers with of ALL issues - the unnaturalness and sinfulness of HOMOSEXUALITY -

as taught by your very chaste, very straight clergy of whatever sect/cult.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

I am a Christian and I am not anti-homosexual.

My business partner of ten years is homosexual and I have never known a more reliable, honest and hard working person.

I think you are promoting a stereotype set by a minority of Christians that does not apply to the majority.

How am I promoting a stereotype?

Are you confused about the ops?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

hardly exception - if you look at the fundamental thorn-in-flesh origin/injection of these anti-homosexual quotes,

it is consistent and parallel with the hypocritical scandals of the church in the past milennia and thro today.

hence the obession of Bible-mongers with of ALL issues - the unnaturalness and sinfulness of HOMOSEXUALITY -

as taught by your very chaste, very straight clergy of whatever sect/cult.

Only 1 church protests and says "God hates F--S!", that's Westboro Baptist Church. Which is actually a cult for the Phelps family.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Yep, I'm afraid so. Because you're Christian, you are required to hate gays. Sorry to break it to you, but facts don't lie.

/TOA

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
by the way, i noticed someone has been quoting me as if i am having a dialog with them.

well its imaginary, cause i never quoted them and i am her for forumming not personal dialog

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear SaturnFX,

I didn't know that because I was a Christian that I had to hate gays. This is going to be awkward as I preach at a church where at least a third of the members are gay and I am straight. As for your comments,

the sweeping majority of young adult have put anti-homosexual as the one word that describes christianity.

Why is that?

That is the only actual point of the thread...not what I personally think, or any agenda I may have...this is a religious institution publishing their survey and the results.

Killing the messenger does not resolve the problem the christian church has here. Not this time.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX

Banana

Humans are not considered produce.

Yet you are talking about the "reproduction" of humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join