It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Gays take the easy rout. No kids. No Real responsibility or contribution to the evolution society to include their genes.

Buddy of mine has two moms. there goes that theory.
We have the technology to negate the need for procreation in order to breed. (although, wheres the fun in that)
Just saying, gays also feel compelled to breed like anyone else.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Gays take the easy rout. No kids. No Real responsibility or contribution to the evolution society to include their genes.

We have the technology to negate the need for procreation in order to breed. (although, wheres the fun in that)Just saying, gays also feel compelled to breed like anyone else.

Wow! How normal is he?? Does he ever put his head on your shoulder??
Who will pay the child support if they split up?

Wonder why they don't call it Pandora's Box??

Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships | Pandora's Project
www.pandys.org/articles/lesbiandomesticviolence.html - Similarto Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships | Pandora's Project

Domestic violence and sexual assault in same-sex lesbian relationships.

Myth: DV and SA does not occur within lesbian relationships.

Perhaps surprisingly, statistics have shown that lesbian people experience domestic violence at a very similar rate to that of heterosexual women (Waldner-Haygrud, 1997; AVP, 1992). It has been estimated that between 17-45% of lesbians have been the victim of at least one act of violence perpetrated by a female partner (Burke et al, 1999; Lie et al, 1991), and that 30% of lesbians have reported sexual assault / rape by another woman (Renzetti, 1992). Considering the lack of discussion that takes place regarding lesbian domestic violence and sexual assault, I find these figures staggering.

Smackers and that was over a decade ago.

Perhaps you can tell us which ones are , Jews, Asians, Rastifarians,Christians or other?
You seem to be a good pigeon holer.
edit on 5/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

We have the technology to negate the need for procreation in order to breed. (although, wheres the fun in that)Just saying, gays also feel compelled to breed like anyone else.

Wow! How normal is he?? Does he ever put his head on your shoulder??
Who will pay the child support if they split up?

He is 36 years old...so thinking that is irrelevant.
add: Oh, and he is not overly "normal"..well, normal is perspective. Will just say he is far more "manly" than I am...reformed skinhead, but still has an affinity for boots and iron crosses...otherwise, he is a vet.
Many people have problems. his stem not from 2 moms..he fully believes they are stable..it was from his father as a kid that gave him some issues. I won't go much more in detail about his life though considering its rude to discuss someone else whom isn't here, and also you don't give a toss anyhow as it wont further your...erm..lets call it a point.

Wonder why they don't call it Pandora's Box??

Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships | Pandora's Project
www.pandys.org/articles/lesbiandomesticviolence.html - Similarto Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships | Pandora's Project

Domestic violence and sexual assault in same-sex lesbian relationships.

Wait...you mean lesbians are human? you don't say.
-is all amazed and stuff that they also have issues-

Myth: DV and SA does not occur within lesbian relationships.

Perhaps surprisingly, statistics have shown that lesbian people experience domestic violence at a very similar rate to that of heterosexual women
---
I find these figures staggering.

lol.
some people are easily amazed it appears.
Yes, gay couples are similar to straight couples...mindblowing (if you live in the1950s anyhow)

Smackers and that was over a decade ago.

Perhaps you can tell us which ones are , Jews, Asians, Rastifarians,Christians or other?

All of the above are prone to human aggression.
Incidently, why did you put Asians in a group of religious affiliations?
Do you not believe there are such things as asian christians, or do you believe christians are a race?

I feel bad when replying to you..you give nothing but the lowest hanging fruit to smack at. I am actually wondering if you are secretly trying to further my speech by pretending to oppose me with the most simple and slightly insane counters.
edit on 22-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You are so totally perceptive.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

We have the technology to negate the need for procreation in order to breed. (although, wheres the fun in that)

I thought one of the main apologies for gay rights was the idea that they help to keep population levels at sustainable levels. Now you are telling us that technology is changing it so that gays can breed. So I guess the whole argument that gays are helping the planet keep a sustainable level are just strawman. Keep grasping at every straw to promote the agenda.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I thought one of the main apologies for gay rights was the idea that they help to keep population levels at sustainable levels. Now you are telling us that technology is changing it so that gays can breed. So I guess the whole argument that gays are helping the planet keep a sustainable level are just strawman. Keep grasping at every straw to promote the agenda.

I never gave that argument, thats a dumb argument...
I don't feel the need to take on every point anyone can think of.

personally, I don't see gays needing to apologize in the first place in wanting equal rights. I do see a number of people that should apologize to gay people however.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I don't feel the need to take on every point anyone can think of.

Bolsters my opinion that you are a lazy Basher.
Even if you are not gay.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Actually, no. Everything you see that is not touched by man, was made by perfect design. Whatever was affected by man, was affected by imperfect design...because WE are imperfect, due to our freewill.

It's hilarious how many people fail to connect the Bible with a superstitious era, and fail to realize how creepy and untrustworthy science would have appeared to those people. It's like you can't even be bothered to understand how communication must be adjusted according to the audience.

Is it really so hard to understand? Those people believed the Earth was flat. How are you going to explain mathematics and carbon dating to them?

Perfect design? You mean there is a perfect designer? Why would a perfect designer create an imperfection to mess with his perfect design? It's like creating the intricate nervous system, synapses firing in accurately orchestrated melody, the wonderful equilibrium of the cardio vascular system yet to top off this polished system we introduce a biomutation such as cancer. Wtf. Not a very perfect design right there or a very malicious designer.

If by perfect design you mean the natural order, well, WE are still part of that natural order; human cancers or not.

Agreed on the point that religion is just a troglodyte-made creation, though. Could go on, but there is nothing to be said that Hitchens and Dawkins haven't said before.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

A religion should not be treated as a product/service by concerning yourself whether or not "youth" will like it due to your So called "bigotry" i

It is not about popularity it is about a message. Christianity has been persecuted in the past by those who wanted to destroy it for whatever reasons, later it was conquered by infiltration to truly destroy it. Christians used to die for their beliefs... they used those beliefs in their favor and that has been going on since rome. if you cannot see that then i shouldn't bother replying to you.

just like most people on here are still enamored by the corrupted left right bs of republican and democratic party.. people who of a more religious nature have also been manipulated by the corruption of islam and christianity -which in the case of christianity >THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

If you think the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH and all these little nondenominational churches are teaching the real deal then you are sadly mistaken..

yet people like you and your zealot hate towards religion and obviously towards christianity are very eager to bash it without actually knowing wtf is going on. which in reality i do not blame you as not many people really think they just react to stimulus.

The new testament does not really address homosexualism from what i remember. In the old testament it was frowned upon. I do not think homosexualism is a behavior i think it is something people are born with, just like some people are born with other mental disorders. I think it is inherited sin mainfested in a genetic condition. It is pretty far feteched and not many would entertain the idea because it does not follow the SMASH RELIGION mantra that is so prevalent on this board.

having said that i would like to point out your bigotry towards christians. I am a christian and have never bashed a person for their sins. if approached and asked about it i will talk to them about it if they don't i just lead by example. if you truly understand the message of christianity you would not hate anyone. those that live in sin need our pity and aid.. that's what jesus did he always worked with those in need, because it is not our place to judge them.. that is Gods place... that in itself says why so many churches are borked.. I have no hate in me and i have been a christian my whole life. Yet you come in here and call me a bigot and that my religion will die.

No Christianity will not die and when people like you finally find a way to outlaw in an attempt to destroy Christianity you will learn that Ideas are bullet proof and the message will live on no matter how much you hate and detest it. no matter how much you twist the message in order to demonize because there will always be those who carry the true message and practice it the way it is intended to.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

I don't hate christians..I quite like em. Got to, I am surrounded by em (family, friends, etc)
I have contempt for the church

You say your a christian
you also say you don't remember the new testiment suggesting anything about homosexuality. May I then direct you to Paul in Romans whom basically said its super bad, along with lesbianism (he added in the lesbianism part also in case it was not understood that its not just man with man).

Personally, I think people whom follow the old testiment..well, they might as well be jewish considering christ ended/fulfilled the OT stuff
and anyone following Paul..well, they might as well be following anyone else whom has an interpretation considering its his personal viewpoints verses any authoritative word.

The church mostly follows Paul over Christ, else they would have no strong opinion about it.

Personal spirituality and connection..I am a fan of it...I think most people are generally happier with some sort of connection with something greater than themselves..be it deities, being part of a cycle in the universe, etc..whatever makes them feel connected...hell, even just taking part in the circle of life if that makes them more introspective.

I don't like the church of Paul because first off, it rips away personal spirituality, and the message is not the person they claim to stand with to begin with.

Should the church be outlawed? hell no. it is their constitutional right to remain. I am in favor of them being dismantled due to loss of interest and closing down because of it. I think that is the right move for society...but to lose personal seeking..that would be depressing.

You have judged me incorrect...but I can understand why. it is assumed anyone that speaks out against the church, speaks out against christ or god...the church teaches that to secure power and eliminate thinking. Its not an insult to you, it might open your eyes (or not) a little bit and see the indoctrination that has had a thousand plus years to perfect itself.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

No Christianity will not die and when people like you finally find a way to outlaw in an attempt to destroy Christianity you will learn that Ideas are bullet proof and the message will live on no matter how much you hate and detest it. no matter how much you twist the message in order to demonize because there will always be those who carry the true message and practice it the way it is intended to.

Then you need to talk to these "Christians" and tell them to shut the hell up, because they are the very people who anti-Christians use as their examples of why Christianity is screwed up.

"Don't use the word 'gay' unless it's an acronym for 'Got Aids Yet'"

"American Veterans are to blame for the fag takeover of this nation. They have the power in their political lobby to influence the zeitgeist, get the fags out of the military, and back in the closet where they belong!" "Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death."

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense, I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist."

"When I, or people like me, are running the country, you'd better flee, because we will find you, we will try you, and we'll execute you. I mean every word of it. I will make it part of my mission to see to it that they are tried and executed." "There is going to be war, [and Christians may be called to] take up the sword to overthrow the tyrannical regime that oppresses them."

adultthought.ucsd.edu...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

A religion should not be treated as a product/service by concerning yourself whether or not "youth" will like it due to your So called "bigotry" i

It is not about popularity it is about a message. Christianity has been persecuted in the past by those who wanted to destroy it for whatever reasons, later it was conquered by infiltration to truly destroy it. Christians used to die for their beliefs... they used those beliefs in their favor and that has been going on since rome. if you cannot see that then i shouldn't bother replying to you.

just like most people on here are still enamored by the corrupted left right bs of republican and democratic party.. people who of a more religious nature have also been manipulated by the corruption of islam and christianity -which in the case of christianity >THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

If you think the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH and all these little nondenominational churches are teaching the real deal then you are sadly mistaken..

yet people like you and your zealot hate towards religion and obviously towards christianity are very eager to bash it without actually knowing wtf is going on. which in reality i do not blame you as not many people really think they just react to stimulus.

The new testament does not really address homosexualism from what i remember. In the old testament it was frowned upon. I do not think homosexualism is a behavior i think it is something people are born with, just like some people are born with other mental disorders. I think it is inherited sin mainfested in a genetic condition. It is pretty far feteched and not many would entertain the idea because it does not follow the SMASH RELIGION mantra that is so prevalent on this board.

having said that i would like to point out your bigotry towards christians. I am a christian and have never bashed a person for their sins. if approached and asked about it i will talk to them about it if they don't i just lead by example. if you truly understand the message of christianity you would not hate anyone. those that live in sin need our pity and aid.. that's what jesus did he always worked with those in need, because it is not our place to judge them.. that is Gods place... that in itself says why so many churches are borked.. I have no hate in me and i have been a christian my whole life. Yet you come in here and call me a bigot and that my religion will die.

Absolutely beautiful message ma'am

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
God is against sexual immorality. Homosexual relationships are part of that. Christianity is about knowing who God is, what God wants of us, to understand that man is fallen because of original sin and that all of creation was affected and that by the Holy Spirit, we can have a relationship with God through his son Jesus Christ, be saved from our sin and share the truth with others.
If anyone wants to know what real Christianity is, read the Holy Bible. Start with the gospel according to John. Read it and accept it as it's written. It is not open to private interpretation because it is the word of God. Again a thread attacking Christianity is easily exposed.
edit on 5-6-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure if "homosexuality" is just a part of "sexual immorality".
Divorce and re-marriage is certainly anti-New Testament, and yet such "adulterous" heterosexuals do not receive the same focus from evangelical Christianity.

Some Christian groups also advocate ex-gay ministries, even for youngster who have never fornicated.

Homosexuality is actually an orientation that can be practiced or not, but the gay individual is aware of their orientation.

As such homosexuality is "thought crime"
It is not the only form...
According to the NT merely looking at a woman in lust is adultery.
So some Christians deduce that even homosexual desire is also a thought crime.

If homosexuality is only fornication then there should be no problem with two men living together who satisfy each others' emotional needs.

Of course both homosexual and heterosexual thought crimes are designed to fill people with guilt and inadequacy.
That's what cults grow rich from.
It's not there to be solved.
Goodness gracious, imagine people actually stopped sinning.
The modern Pharisees would go bankrupt!

But there's another level too.
There's a great deal of homoeroticism in religion, which in modern times requires the role of the "fornicating homosexual" to differentiate "healthy thought crime" from "unhealthy thought crime".
In some countries and ministries that is a thin line that must be constantly policed, because men occupy a self-perceived special relationship with each other and the deity that is seen as holy and non-sexual.

It's OK to shout "I love Jesus" as a man, as long as he's not your Mexican partner.

So on the surface fundamentalist Christians say it's a physical crime, or sex act (perhaps lying with a man like with a woman, whatever that meant, because it's literally impossible), but they really mean it's a thought crime.
So if you say you're a gay then you're going to hell, even if you've been celibate for ten years.

They'd rather you say you're ex-gay, and then fornicate occasionally with great regret.
So they have a problem with the orientation even more than the sex-acts, because it unsettles a very special relationship between a male God and His male devotees.

edit on 5-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Any sexual immorality is against God. Paul had plenty to say about men sleeping with me and women sleeping with women. It's made clear homosexuals will not see the kingdom of God. But not just them. Thieves, drunkards, liars, fornicators, murderers, plenty will not. Even people that claim to be Christian and do many great works.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
actually get your facts straight....if we're talking religious context/content go where it's written, not where it's practiced.....you mean the OLD Testament, which is Jewish...also see the Koran as the Muslims seem to dislike fags too....go figure....the Christianity angle is only due to the rantings of certain fundamental xtians....but the text is from the Old Testament....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
FURTHERMORE.....The Lord Y'shua (his given name_not the Greek Jesus) ALSO said Come to me as you are....that ALSO means as a gay person or murderer....and you'll be forgiven. He ALSO said that no one, not one is free from sin, he knows you can't help BUT sin...it's OK. So for anyone to close Heavens gate at the very semblance of Homosexuality is only partly true...it isnt set in stone as we're all capable of submitting to 'him' and his word....just thought i'd put that out there as MOST religious content is discussed as a 'finite decision" and not at all subject to change.......people only hear what they want to...best to read the old AND new Testament before such topics are passionately discussed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Of course Christianity hates Homosexuals...Nothing to do with Immorality.

Its all to do with the Christian Philosophy of "Go Forth and Multiply"...

In other words, make more little Christians to infect the World and spread the "Truth"

Make more little Christians to be the slaves of the Illuminated ones...eg "Church" and its heads.

Make more little Christians to be cannon fodder, for the Good of God.

Thats why the lead Church (Catholics) are against abortion, contraception etc...doesnt make enough slaves.

Hard to go forth and multiply, when your Homosexual...tho many homosexuals are married and have children....good little Christians they are.......Just dont tell their wives....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Personally, my view of homosexuality is: when you stand before God it's between you and God. No Pelosi is going to save you, no media is going to bombard God with the "PC view to take". It's deadly silent, no blood rushing through your veins, your vision goes dark, your hearing turns silent and you find yourself as a ball of light within your body as you watch the little twinkling lights up where your brain is go out one by one........ suddenly you are pulled out of your body and find yourself before God....... In this place no one's "opinion" of the situation matters, just God's, hope you have it right, hope you are standing on the rock, someone beside you, go for Grace.

STM
edit on 6/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Sure, however it's not clear here whether he's talking about the orientation or the sex acts.

If they are sex acts he's talking about people who went against their natural desires and possibly did so as a kind of pagan idol worship (since the verses are preceded with a clear reference to idol worship in Romans 1:23).
So this is really a kind of situational homosexuality.
I wouldn't identify with that because to me being gay seemed natural, and I never went against my "natural desires".
I also don't think I burn with lust any more than a heterosexual.

Paul also includes those who are disobedient to parents, but this sits uneasily with Jesus and His "holy sword" that will tear families apart (Matthew 10:35), and anyone who doesn't hate his parents or wife is not worthy (Luke 14:26).

But sure, I don't think Jesus or anyone wanted gays to get a green light for fornication, because even heterosexuality was very constrained to one partner.

But that's not necessarily homosexuality, or the only way to be gay.
That's the stereotype of gays being pushed.
A long-term gay couple should thus be tolerated just as divorced and remarried adulterers are tolerated nowadays.
And a gay orientation alone should be left in peace.
Unless this is indeed thought crime, and not actual fornication.
edit on 5-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45 >>

join